• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Sorry if I am bumping an old thread...

I had a shiny Grimer that was green in LeafGreen, traded it to Diamond, then traded it to my friend :P

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    I don't actually have SS yet (due to the Postal service - I have to go pick it up on Monday) but I am planning on SRing to get a shiny starter :)

That green Totodile will be mine!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Sorry if I am bumping an old thread...

I had a shiny Grimer that was green in LeafGreen, traded it to Diamond, then traded it to my friend :P
    You're not bumping anything old, but please talk about Pokemon you caught in HGSS, not in other games please. (Also, note that if the thread is older than a month since the last post it's better to not post than say 'sorry if this is bumping' as then it is and also against the rules. =P)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I caught a Shiny Meowth with a Love Ball in SoulSilver. It's a male at level 16 and has a Bold nature. Caught it at Route 38 on March 15th, 2010. This was before encountering Red Gyarados. Meowth knows Bite, Fake Out, Growl, and Fury Swipes. It's ability is Pickup.

I just caught a shiny Meowth too! :D This makes it the second shiny I've caught, minus the red Gyardos (first was a shiny Steelix, which I lost. ;_;) Anyway, i don't like it's colour. :( But it's still awesome! As soon as I saw it, I immediately shouted "SHINY MEOWTH!!!" xD

Anyway, it's female, lvel 16, has a modest nature, and I caught it at Route 38 as well. Like Sweet Smoochum, it has the exact same moveset, but its ability is Technician. Since it's pink, I'm glad it's female. xD I nicknamed it Candy due to it's pink colour.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    For those who SR'd for a shiny starter at the beginning of the game (and succeeded), where did you save? Also, can you tell if it is shiny when looking at it on this screen:

Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

in the US versions?

Last edited:

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
    Story of The Shiny

So I was going through Dragon's Den, eager to get my extreme speed dratini, but the dratini I found in the wild just happened to be SHINY. (And yes, it is legit. I don't even own an AR.)

I caught it, and now all my friends are jealous. Have you found any shinies so far, and if so how many and which pokemon?

I just need the TM for Rain Dance, if anyone would be willing to give up theirs, I would try and make it worth their while.

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
    While doing the quest for the extreme speed dratini, I found a shiny dratini. Guess who forgot about the extreme speed dratini?

ThatsTakao

Hiya!
    Years
    Is it possible to SR a Pokemon from the Game Cornor?
    Also, what's the difference between SR and HR?

As for shiny pokemon I've caught, none. Aside from the Red Gyrados and right now I'm trying to hatch a Shiny Togepi~ :I

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Merged Jweeson's thread here.

Yusshin said:
    No shinies for me, but we already have this thread, and it's even official lol

/reported
    We'd appreciate it if you left the job to us and just reported, posting in threads you know that will be moved or locked like so is just spam. =/

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2010
    My Damn Brother...

omg guys ive been playing pokemon for about 10 years and ive NEVER caught or seen a shiny.
    but my 12 year old brother just starts playing (his first experience was diamond- baha wat a noob :P) and in ONE day he finds a shiny geodude, onyx and tentacool.
    and the geodude and onyx were in an HOUR of each other :O

UpYourJuiceBox

Nint3Ndoc0re lov1n Sce|\|eKi!d
    Years
    Caught my first shiny ever! (aside from Red Gyarados)

a level 6 Bold Mareep (not too shabby), after 20 some hours of game play (EV training Chikorita)

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I plan to SR for a shiny Raikou, hope it doesn't take to long. It will be my first every shiny I caught myself (red Gyarados not included).
    Wish me luck :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2010
    i loved chaining shinys in pokemon platnium but there is no pokemon radar in hg and ss

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back