• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabapple

Fly High☆
Years
  • Well, I took a break from my HG file and started my SS today and the first try I got a shiny Totodile! :D I was very happy! It kinda made up for running into a shiny Pidgey in HG, where I was on my way to Cherrygrove City and I hadn't yet had any Pokeballs, =/
    And my cousin also caught a shiny Hoppip in his SS version, lucky.. It's green D;

awsomedude30

Am I a beginning trainer?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2014
    Shiny corsola off the pokewalker!
    and its adamant hustle!
    dunno bout the ivs but its looks pretty novelty!

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • ive imported my shiny magneton from pearl which i found in ruby into ss, but no shiny that i hav caught in the wild in ss as of yet. I usually dont look 4 them and i usually put silver spray on so it aint likely i'll find one. I'll probs go shiny hunting when i play platinum.

TK of Poison

Old School Trainer
    Years
  • On my first day playing HG i Soft reset to get a shiny totodile (took about 8 hrs...phew) and was super excited since i have never got a starter shiny before and then i was even more happy when i saw he was an adamant nature. The only trouble is since he is my starter and i usually grind on any pokemon i see, im not sure how his stats are turning out ^_^;;
    Also caught the red Gyarados today =D

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • i'm hoping to catch a shiny for once, lol. not including the red gyrados or PCPichu. all my shinies have been traded to me, i want one with my OT on it! >:D

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • i dont want shiny gyarados :P . which is stupid, as is the old games it was slightly more powerful than normal gyarados
    i wanted shiny cyndaquil, chickorita and totodile :P .
    ....but that aint gonna happen :( .

DrakePokemonProf

Drake the Pokemon Professor
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2011
    Shiny Pokemon in HG/SS

There are ob v shiny pokemon in heartgold and soul silver i was wondering if anyone had any luck tracking these bad boys down and where? also does it matter if a rom is used cause shiny pokemon have to do with trainer numbers? thank you.

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
  • Of course there are shiny Pokemon in HGSS. o__o People have already encountered them in the wild. As far as I know, since the Poketch isn't in this game, RNG for shinies isn't possible.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    well, certainly there are shiny pokemon in hg/ss.
    i got a few pics in the screenie thread, donno whose they are, lol
    15yzqyt.png

2le42o6.png

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
  • I wonder, would it be possible to find out the SID and ID in HGSS and use it to RNG in Platinum and trade the egg over to HGSS?

dastandy

Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • If you have an AR you can find out the SID i really dont know if there is any other way. but that is an interesting idea Kerjo

Years
  • I caught a Shiny Meowth with a Love Ball in SoulSilver. It's a male at level 16 and has a Bold nature. Caught it at Route 38 on March 15th, 2010. This was before encountering Red Gyarados. Meowth knows Bite, Fake Out, Growl, and Fury Swipes. It's ability is Pickup.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • I caught ShinyStantler under Ecruteak City while I was searching for Raikou/Entei. Right after I caught it though, I caught Raikou, so that was a pretty lucky night. I don't really care too much for the Stantler though since I don't like the color green.

The only other shiny I've ever caught was ShinyGeodude in my old Gold version. However, I was young back then I didn't know how rare it was so I restarted the game, not really thinking about it too much.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back