• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • Merging with the HG/SS Shiny Thread to continue this discussion on the "mysterious wild shiny Chikorita." Just please keep this on topic to the thread to list and comment on shinies that people have encountered/caught.

As for what has happened, seems a little fishy to me...most likely seems a bit of AR Code use however. :\

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • Other than the shiny Sentret I ran into at the beginning of the game when I had no pokeballs...

I've run into 2 Shiny Pokemon OTHER than that one (Since I couldn't even catch it and almost cried.) and Gyrados

Lugia, which I still have.

No, I DIDN'T pull the "Save and restart if it isn't shiny glitch" but I used my Master Ball on it cause I didn't wanna wait for it, I just wanted it THERE AND NOW.

And then a Wobbuffet that was in Cerulean Cave, but I didn't catch it cause I killed it on accident.

Pok-e-Bob

Luxray wubber
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2010
    Didn't you look at the 2nd post?

I've encountered 3 shinys.

All three of them ic ouldnt catch.

1st was Weezing who selfdestructed.
    2nd was dratini in safari who fled.
    3rd was geodude that i ran out of balls for :(
    I feel for you lol :(
    Still, better to have seen shineys then not at all (.. like me :( )

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    Other than the shiny Sentret I ran into at the beginning of the game when I had no pokeballs...

I've run into 2 Shiny Pokemon OTHER than that one (Since I couldn't even catch it and almost cried.) and Gyrados

Lugia, which I still have.

No, I DIDN'T pull the "Save and restart if it isn't shiny glitch" but I used my Master Ball on it cause I didn't wanna wait for it, I just wanted it THERE AND NOW.

And then a Wobbuffet that was in Cerulean Cave, but I didn't catch it cause I killed it on accident.
    soft reseting isnt a glitch you silly. its just turning off the game and turning it on. no glitch. a glitch is caused by an error in the coding. soft resetting is simply pressing buttons to turn the game on and off. no glitch.

i am getting a japanese ditto to start breeding for my dream shiny. what is it? you will never know unless i get it =D

WTF! My freind was at my house and found a wild chickorita SHINY and it was lvl 85 0.o he didn't hack it ....it was scary it was outside the daycare...Don't ask me what happen.

Any ideas?

ar code. with the new ars, you can take it out and put the game in and have the codes still work so the ar doesnt have to be in.

Spirit Albarn♫

death scythe★
    Years
  • Today I Was Randomly Training And Just Happened To Rock Smash A rock Hoping To get An item Suddenly A Shiny Geodude Appeared I Was Dumbfounded, I Caught It With A Quick ball Haha It Was Level 30

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • Woot!
    Earlier today I got my first shiny on Soul silver. I've beaten the story and I was just fishing in random areas looking for a Feebas when a shiny Quilfish came along. I didn't realise it was shiny at first and just kept tapping A then I noticed it was just as it got in the Red zone (I didn't have my strongest pokes I was just killing time really with Woodo first so two hits and it was still standing) I switched to my Gengar that I had (for easier catches with hypnosis) and +Hypnosis + Confuse ray + Lure ball x4=Caught shiny Quilfish. I named him Feebas cause it's thanks to Feebas that I have him =D (Even though it can be confusing).

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
  • I'm so happy, I caught my first shiny a day or two ago. :D

I was looking for a Pikachu in Viridian Forest to show to Surge, and I happened to come across a pidgey. You see, this is why everyone should have an Amphoras on their team. I paralyzed it, and caught with a great ball.

It's female, so I named her Paige. She's also Adamant natured, and has good enough IVs, so I EV trained her. She'll be on my team against Blue, and the Elite Four rematches. And, of course, Red.

Years
  • Obviously Gyarados. But nope. In ALL the games I've had, I've never encountered a shiny Pokemon... guess they just don't like me very much...

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • The only legit shinies were the obvious Shiny Gyarados and a shiny swinub in Ice Path on the original pokemon Gold game for the GBC. From then on, I was hooked on catching shiny pokemon. But in diamond it took so long..

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
    Years
  • im waiting til my brother finishes his heartgold then he will trade kyogre to me then ill take kyogre and goudon show oak then get the green orb then SF reset to get me a shiny rayquaza mwahaha

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2010
    Yay! I ran into a shiny Psyduck this morning. I couldn't even believe my eyes when I saw it. I mean, I saw a lake and decided to surf around a bit and what do ya know? I caught the red Gyarados the other day and recognized how when a shiny first appears there are stars that come out from it and also a sound will be played, but I still couldn't believe it. When it comes to shiny's I can see how if you're not paying attention and if you don't know what the pokemon looks like normally that you could end up missing it. For me, the Psyduck was blue instead of yellow so it was more obvious. :) (And oh yeah this was in Soul Silver.)

vobgro

Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2012
    I once found a shiny numel in ruby (I know this thread is for HGSS).....

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • Hehe, I'm pretty happy but World King gave me a shiny male Misdreavus. It's so beautiful, I can't wait to see it as a Mismagius!

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    Legit, I have never seen a shiny. ( Except Red Gyrados, or course)

By cheating, I've seen a shiny: Sentret, Hoothoot, and Pidgey

And by Pokesav, I made a shiny Pichu.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back