• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie88

4th Generation Newb :)
Years
  • Re-started my Heartgold after leaving it alone for a while, was training Wooper after getting the 3rd gym badge and decided to do the Bug Contest, got myself a lvl13 shiny Pinsir! Well pleased! :) Was only the third pokemon to appear in the park too, and my first go at the contest in this play-through.
    He looks bad-ass in blue :D lol Used a lvl10 Drowzee, maybe not the best choice by a mile but he done the job!
    This is only ever my second shiny pokemon that I can remember owning/catching since r/b/y and the second was an Onix on the save file I restarted to play the one I am now

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • And another shiny again for me! My monotype runthroughs (bug atm) seem to be lucky for me. XD

Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

I was looking for a flying type so I could go to Cianwood again for more training and ran into this one. Was annoying to catch as it didn't want to stay in the ball and kept healing itself as well.

Drake(Elite Four)

Elite Four
    Years
  • The shiny pokemon I found were a Phanpy on Mt.Silver and a Geodude in the Dark Cave

The shiny pokemon I found were a Phanpy on Mt.Silver and a Geodude in the Dark Cave

Last edited:
    Years
  • Last month I started Soul Silver again and the most terribly thing happened to me :s
    There I was on the tall grass right before Cherrygrove city and a Caterpie SHINY appears to me ..I had forgotten that I didn't have any poke-balls, so I fought it and left it with little HP, I clicked the poke-balls button and I saw no poke-balls..
    I turned off my DS and have not played it untill today xDD

Last edited:

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    While EV training on grimer in Celadon city, I found and caught a shiny grimer! Only my 3rd legit found shiny so far in SS.

.:the.unforgotten.one:.

Top-of-the-line Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2010
    Is it easy to tell if a pokemon is shiny? I'v never encountered one and a lot of time I just run away from battles real quick without paying to much attention. But good luck finding them everyone!
    yes they are easy to notice! a) they will most likely be a different colour, and b) there willl be a little gleam of stars when you encounter it! happy catching!

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    first time through Viridian Forest, found a shiny caterpie. On a side note, I caught a shiny rattata on Dark Future. No hax for both, LOL. So lucky :]

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    This little chap is still my one and only shiny :) (except the Red Gyarados of course but he doesn't really count)

Biker Jesse

Biker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    yay shiny ohh no

i caught i shiny but its a unown why does my first shiny have to be weak like my brothers first shiny was a butterfree yet i cant find anymore shinys!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • i caught i shiny but its a unown why does my first shiny have to be weak like my brothers first shiny was a butterfree yet i cant find anymore shinys!
    Merged your thread with the Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon thread.

And well I guess it's just a matter of luck. Mayb you can trade it for a better shiny if someone else wants it (and some collectors probably do), and it's better than say seeing a shiny Pokemon at the part of the game when you don't have any Pokeballs yet. =p

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • I got a shiny Bronzor a while back from my pokewalker. I was like :O and since then it's been one of my strongest pokemon on my team alongside with my shiny Umbreon, took me a while to get a shiny Evee :)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I got a shiny Bronzor a while back from my pokewalker. I was like :O and since then it's been one of my strongest pokemon on my team alongside with my shiny Umbreon, took me a while to get a shiny Evee :)
    I got a shiny Bronzor a while back from my pokewalker. I was like :O and since then it's been one of my strongest pokemon
    shiny Bronzor a while back from my pokewalker. I was like :O
    shiny Bronzor from my pokewalker
    dbsshadKLADJSDSDAOIdsc

Really? Just that apparently having shiny Pokemon from the Pokewalker is supposedly really really rare... (something about only a few id numbers, some hidden in the game, matching lets you be able to find shiny Pokemon on it, and if you have those numbers you would also have a high chance to find shiny pokes via the pokewalker. The chance to have those numbers was something in the millions or greater? And the chance for a shiny Pokemon according to those who looked at coding was 1/32 if so - otherwise it was 0!)

...most interesting. Did you find any other shiny Pokemon on that Pokewalker, and could you post a picture?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back