• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is this card worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    I recently dug out my old pokemons cards and decided that I wish to sell them and I was wondering if you guys could help me out figuring how much they are worth. I'll only mention my rares and misprints since there are hundreds of others. All cards are near mint unless otherwise mentioned

Near mint - Almost no visible damage to card
    Excellent - a few minor scratches and edge damage
    Played - Some bends and scratches on card

I have tried researching this but it seems to be quite hard to find reliable information on these cards. Thank you.

Promos
    Articuno - from movie i know its not worth much
    Entei - reverse holo
    Scizor - never removed from plastic - got from playing in tournament
    Rapidash - its one of those ecards - Got from an issue of nintendo power

Misprints-

Base Set-
    Gyarados - 6/102 was printed slightly to the side of where it was supposed to be
    Base Set 2-
    Vulpix - with "HP 50" instead of "50 HP"
    Neogenesis-
    Horsea - with one energy cost symbol for attack slightly off
    NeoDestiny-
    Shining Tyranitar - excellent condition - In the description the word "just" is misspelled as "hust"
    Dark Exeggutor - Spelled incorrectly as "Exeggcutor"

Rares-

Base Set-
    Electabuzz
    Beedrill
    Poliwrath Holo - played condition
    Pokemon Breeder

Jungle -
    Kangaskhan- Played condition
    Jolteon
    Flareon

Base Set 2 -
    Mr. Mime
    Venemoth
    Pinsir
    Clefable - Holo

Fossil Series -
    Dragonite - German Edition - Holo
    Zapdos
    Lapras

Rocket Series -
    Dark Gyarados - Excelent Cond - Holo
    Dark Alakazam
    Dark Weezing - Holo

Gym Heroes -
    Misty's Tentacruel x2
    Brock's Onyx
    Trainer Card - Misty

Gym Challenge -
    Trainer Card - Blaine - Holo

Neogenesis -
    Magby x 2

Neo Discovery -
    Butterfree
    Hitmontop - German Version

Neo Destiny -
    Light Azumaril - Holo
    Light Machamp

e-card series -

Expedition Base Set -
    Mewtwo - Excellent Condition

Aquapolis -
    Sudowoodo

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    Here is a few of my cards. Beware. Opening the spoiler opens up a lot of pictures.
    Spoiler:

I've had these lying around, I have no interest in TCG and I'd think I'd find out what these are worth. I'm sorry if I posted some worthless crap, but that's what I have. I posted pictures because I dont know how to find out the deck, etc. of them all.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    My friend gave me a japanese card, with a pikachu holding like a pen or paint brush. and behind him theres a card with a charmander on it. Is it worth something?

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    My friend gave me a japanese card, with a pikachu holding like a pen or paint brush. and behind him theres a card with a charmander on it. Is it worth something?

Lol I hope this is a joke, because I am SO tired of hearing people say they have Illustrators lying around in their closets.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2010
    Southern Island

Was wondering how much a full Southern Island set would go for. I have all 18 cards and they are all still in their packaging. The only cards I still have in mint condition.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2010
    Looking to sell some of my old cards, prices?

Hey I'm new to this community and im looking to sell some of my old cards, but i barely know how to rate the prices, series, editions etc . The first 3 cards i'd like to know the prices of would be Charizard (the old old one) Shining Tyranitar, and Steelix

Regards, Zorran

Years
    You have that card?!?! I'ts worth a lot of money! I really want it!
    Other than that, how much is my Ancient Mew worth? Also, can you tell me the price of a 1st Edition Eevee, Ho Oh EX and a Dark Celebi? I also have 4 Japanese cards.

Ancient Mew: between $2 and $5, depending on the condition.

What set is the Eevee from? Though I doubt it'd be worth much, since most Eevee cards are commons.

Depending on which Ho-oh EX, anywhere between $10 and $15.

Dark Celebi is between $2 and $5.

Japanese cards aren't worth much if they're not rares. They're just cool to have because of the design of the cards being different on the back of the cards from the rest of the world.

How much is the Jolteon equivalent of that card worth?

'cos I have that one, framed in my room.

Probably $10 to $15 at most, but I can't find it anywhere (online retailers put large markups on the card's prices so they can make a profit and stay in business).

i dont have cards but how much is this worth?
    Official "How much is this card worth?" Thread

im just wonderin

I think you'd get $10 to $15 for it, but I can't seem to find it for sale anywhere right now to give you an estimate (online stores typically charge you a fair bit more than the card is actually worth 'cause they gotta turn a profit to stay in business). :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Between $15 and $20 is probably what you're going to see for the shining Jolteon and Vaporeon. The ones that are really worth money are the Japanese PLAY promo versions, with the same art.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2011
    Tropical,

Hi, (note: on the picture is a 2005, I mean a 2010 version).

I would like to know how much this card is worth and how many of these staff cards were made.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2011
    Sorry, i didnt attached my picture.

I would like to know how much this card is worth,
    and how many there are made of this cards (2010) are in the world.

Lunti

Attachments

• Official "How much is this card worth?" Thread
      Goede.jpg
      39.3 KB · Views: 22

Cyndaquil

'lo.
    Years
    Photos:
    https://imagebin.ca/img/4yyuXYim.jpg
    https://imagebin.ca/img/OJ_aaz.jpg

I've looked around a bit, but haven't found any pricing info on the Best of Game cards (Rocket's Sneasel & Electabuzz). I got these two and the holofoil old fighting energy in a local tournament a looong time ago, and I haven't found any info on special holofoil energy cards either (other than the more recent ones... "matrix energy cards," IIRC).
    I'm adding the Ampharos in since it's an E-card with a game (I think? I don't have any E-reader), and the Mew promo mostly because I've no clue if it's particularly rare or not (so it's probably the latter :P).
    From what I've heard, the crystal Ho-oh is kind of rare. I added in the Ex cards I own, but I don't think they have any value. I'm going to assume that the base set holos are worthless because of their horrible condition (I got them like that for free)... :P

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    OMG at the condition of the base set cards, lol!
    First off, you're right, the base cards are unfortunately in too rough condition to be of value. Holo energies can be bought for around $3, but I'm not sure if yours is in playable condition. The ampharos is a holo from the Aquapolis set, you can tell from the water drop set symbol. Again, due to how worn it is I don't think you'd get anything for it, but mint ones are only worth a few dollars anyway. Crystal ho-oh can be sold for around $20-25, with condition yours will fetch a couple of dollars. The mew promo looks like it's in alright condition, it's usually referred to as "lilypad mew" and though I havn't checked on the price in a while I think I got mine for $8 which seems pretty reasonable.

Here is the article for the best of game set: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Best_of_Game_(TCG)
    Unfortunately their numbers were great, so they are not worth very much. The sneasel "winner" can be found for around $1, and the electabuzz for $3.50, however yours seems to be in rough shape so I'm not sure what you'd get for it. Your ex's seem to have a lot of surface scratches so I won't quote values, but I can tell you the rocket's moltres ex is the most valuable one there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back