• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is this card worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    How much would mint condition first movie promo cards be worth??

Years
    I've tried to look around and couldn't find anything on these. They're all first edition German cards, non holo.

Format - German (English) #

Pokemon:
    Sandan (Sandshrew) 62/102
    Tauboga (Pidgeotto) 22/102
    Rattfratz (Rattata) 61/102
    Tangela (Tangela) 66/102
    Kokuna (Kakuna) 33/102
    Smogon (Koffing) 51/102
    Pikachu (Pikachu) 58/102
    Elektek (Electabuzz) 20/102
    Kadabra (Kadabra) 32/102
    Abra (Abra) 43/102
    Jugong (Dewgong) 25/102
    Sterndu (Staryu) 65/102

Trainers:
    Trank (Potion) 94/102
    Supertrank (Super Potion) 90/102
    Energie-Absauger (Energy Removal) 92/102

Energies:
    Electric "Energie" 100/102
    Grass "Energie" 99/102

amisterlux

Banned
    Years
    Corocoro Shiny Mew card...Your name Chansey...

I have the corocoro Shiny Mew card and I was wondering if any of you might know the value of it? Also I have the "your name" Chansey and I need to know the value of that one as well...Both cards are amazing and I am not looking to sell them or anything, I would just really like to know the value for myself...

Thanks and take care,
    Lux

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Both are really excellent cards, very nice artwork. The coro coro Mew is at a slight low right now of $20-30, and the Chansey tends to hang at around $10. Hang onto both, they're hard to come by but they're just not that old yet. The value will eventually increase.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    I have a Wizards Black Star Promo Card No.24 Pikachu's Birthday and i can't find any info on it as it isnt holo and it has a little gold Pikachu tail on the left hand side under the picture. can you tell me how much its worth?

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    The birthday pikachu with the gold tail stamp comes from the original Pokemon World folder, released for the 2000 olympic games. In the folder you would receive that pikachu, along with 8 other pikachu promo cards all in different languages. Because they came as a set within a folder, individually they are not really worth anything. If I had to guess, I'd say $1.

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
    Years
    1st Movie Cards!!!

Hi,i have 3 of the first movie cards given out at the cinemas and the mewtwo from the video tape. I have mewtwo 1st movie,electabuzz 1st mvie and dragnite mvie. How much would those be worth and is any1 selling a 1st movie pikachu???

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    I've had this card for years but have absolutely no idea how much it's worth. It's the same as many other Pidgeot cards across the internet, but the holographic are different (they're on the card instead of the image) and I can't find them anywhere else. I'm positive that the card isn't a sticker. Can someone tell me how much the card is worth and why I can't find it anywhere else?
    Here is the link (with spaces):
    http: //img529.imageshack. us/img529 /3932/snapshot 20100824. jpg

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    The pidgeot is from the Legendary Collection set, released under wizards of the coast as a collection of reprinted cards from previous sets. It's about $4 atm.

The jirachi is about $4 mint, less if not mint.

The movie promos are all about $1.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
    Is this card "good?"

I still got it under my Card Album for about 8~9 years? And it IS my most favorite card.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
    It was solid for when it was around. However, you can't use it at official tournaments nowadays.

Don't know how much it's worth monetarily, though. I'm no expert on card values.

Why not? :( I wanted to go back to TCG gaming though >.> (With a deck full of "old" cards)

I'm not up for $$$ though. I just wanted to know if this card is still valuable. :D

Years
    Why not? :( I wanted to go back to TCG gaming though >.> (With a deck full of "old" cards)

I'm not up for $$$ though. I just wanted to know if this card is still valuable. :D

Because some cards made the game horribly unbalanced back in the day, so they had to come up with a means to make it competitive for newer players and so that the TCG wouldn't have to shrivel up and disappear financially, and the older cards are too slow/weak to stand up to the cards in today's Modified format, for the most part. Some Leagues might let you play with a deck of old cards, though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    Hey guys, I just found my old Pokemon cards and was wondering how much they were worth. They're all in good condition and have been kept in plastic sleeves. I have:

• Full unlimited edition Base Set (only missing 20+21/102, would it be an idea to pick these up and sell it as a complete set?)
    • Some Team Rocket set (nearly all from 32 onwards, as well as 2, 4, 7, 8, 9 and 10 out of the holo ones)
    • Complete Jungle set
    • Some Fossil set (first edition 1, 4, 5, 6, 13, 14 and 15 I guess are the most notable ones), and missing about five of the first holo ones, other than that complete.
    • Numbers 2, 3, 4 and 5 of the First Movie promo ones, as well as a few other promos and an Ancient Mew card
    • Lastly, some random Japanese "neo" set. I didn't know what it was when I bought it, but it came in a special folder and contains 9 cards, I believe the three are the starting pokemon to one of the later generations?
    Any help at all would be massively appreciated. I can't seem to find any decent way of pricing these if I were going to sell them.

Thanks very much.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    holo full heal energy?

Hi all,

Ive just joined on behalf of my son and was wondering if any of you could help! he has a Full Heal Energy 81/82 and has the hologram effect on it. On searching the net I can only come across non hologram versions of this card. Does this mean its particularly rare?

Thanks,
    Rob.

Hi there. So do you have the card that I mentioned?

Thanks,
    Rob.

Last edited:
    Years
    How much would a Shadowless Venasaur from the base set cost?
    Ive seen a Shadowless First Edition Charizard on eBay for $450AUD :C

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2010
    Lugia Unseen Forces white star holo

I have a lugia from the unseen forces set and it has a white star and is holo. It looks just like the pic in the attachment accept it has a white star and it sais ex unseen forces in the lower right corner of the frame lugia is in. I cant find a picture of it any where online. I just want to know if its super rare or something and how much you think itd go for selling not full retail. thanks in advance

Attachments

• Official "How much is this card worth?" Thread
      29-lugia.jpg
      63.6 KB · Views: 13
    Years
    I have a lugia from the unseen forces set and it has a white star and is holo. It looks just like the pic in the attachment accept it has a white star and it sais ex unseen forces in the lower right corner of the frame lugia is in. I cant find a picture of it any where online. I just want to know if its super rare or something and how much you think itd go for selling not full retail. thanks in advance

That just happens to be what is called a special/reverse holofoil card. I couldn't tell ya how much it's worth, though, since specific card pricing isn't my strong suit. My guess would be around $3-5, though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back