• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is this card worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Well, when my brother had them, he cut the top and bottom a tad bit to fit them in some portfolios. That was one that got cut.

Also some more price checks-
    Secret Rare Pikachu from B&W set
    Not that I have the following cards, just asking in general.-
    1st Edition Charizard(The one thats so rare)
    Full Print Reshiram & Zekrom.

Ah. That's ruined its value, unfortunately. Otherwise it would've gotten $1-$2.

Pikachu: $13-$15. See it for more, but I think it's price will go down as more people pull them from boosters.

Charizard: $75-$100 for the normal one, and $150-$200 for the shadowless one. Usually. Ones certified by the PSA fetch a lot more if they get a high grade because of their excellent condition. Poorer condition ones go for as low as $5, though, and aren't worth trying to get graded by the PSA.

Reshiram: $10.
    Zekrom: $10.

Though they will probably see a bit of a value rise if they become in high demand by competitive players.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    my collection

I was going through my collection today, and found a holographic first edition machamp (in its original wrap), I was wondering if this is worth more than a couple dollars.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    This thread is great :) I have a horsea, and some other promo cards id like to know more about (moreso what they were made for/what set they are from), but I need to get my post count up so I can post a picture!

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    Youre a genius hahahaha

The ancient mew, electabuzz, mewtwo and dragonite are all from the first movie I think? and the pidgey and rattata are in a different language (not that I expect them to be of any value at all, I just like them :D )

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    That's a team Galactic Charizard and a Reshiram. First rares I've pulled since I was 12. Are they worth anything?

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2012
    what about a Typhlosion Promo Prime?
    and al lthe starters in the base set and their 2nd evolutions?

Years
  • Youre a genius hahahaha

The ancient mew, electabuzz, mewtwo and dragonite are all from the first movie I think? and the pidgey and rattata are in a different language (not that I expect them to be of any value at all, I just like them :D )

Ancient Mew: I see it priced as high as $6, but I wouldn't expect more than $2-$3 for it. I also wouldn't pay more than $2-$3, myself.
    Electabuzz: $1-$3. Movie promos were pretty common.
    Mewtwo: $1-$4. Again, movie promos were pretty common.
    Dragonite: $1-$4. See above.
    Black Star Promo #8 Mew: $2-$5.
    Game Boy Promo Meowth: $2-$5.
    Bumblebee Pikachu: $1-$3.

Also, that Horsea isn't a promo. It's from the Neo Genesis set.

And Pidgey and Rattata are worth inconsequential amounts.

That's a team Galactic Charizard and a Reshiram. First rares I've pulled since I was 12. Are they worth anything?

Depending on whether you pulled the normal one or the Lv. X version, the prices are as follows:
    Normal $2-$5.
    Pack version of Lv. X $5-$10.
    Promo version of Lv. X $2-$5.

what about a Typhlosion Promo Prime?
    and al lthe starters in the base set and their 2nd evolutions?
    Promo Typhlosion Prime: $2-$5.

And define what you mean by that last question, please. It's leaving me confused as to what you mean.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2012
    i mean a bulbasaur, charmander, squirtle, ivysaur, charmeleon, and wartortle fro mthe base set worth

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    Thanks Donavannj :) When did the Neo Genesis set come out? It must have been early 2000's, yes?

What about a Rayquaza SL10 from the call of legends set? I have found some on eBay international (I'm in Australia) for between $15-$30, is this accurate?

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    I've recently started to collect again. I used to do it with my dad when I was like, 11-12 maybe, and collecting again is really just amazingly nostalgic. I love it. Anyway, my value question is this:

I recently pulled a reverse holo Grotle, from an HGSS: Unleashed booster. However, the printing is off-center to the point where the little icon in the top left of the card was actually printed slightly off of the card itself.

Obviously, the Grotle itself isn't very rare. I was just wondering if the printing would be off-center enough to be considered an "Error Card," which would indeed make it rare. I'm going to hold onto it regardless, as I really don't like just flipping cards for a profit. I was just wondering.

Oh, and I would post pictures of the card, but I can't post links or whatever until after 15 posts. -_-

onebaddawgfan22

onebaddawgfan22
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    Thank you

Thank you very much for the value guide donavannj, I did not expect you to price them all individually! You out did yourself but it is very appreciated and I will see if I can get a better picture of that Dragonair card because it's driving me crazy! Last question and I will leave you alone ha. Do you think the entire set is worth selling at once, or would it be best to just sell the holo and rare cards individually?

Years
  • Thanks Donavannj :) When did the Neo Genesis set come out? It must have been early 2000's, yes?

What about a Rayquaza SL10 from the call of legends set? I have found some on eBay international (I'm in Australia) for between $15-$30, is this accurate?
    2001, if I recall.

And $10-$15 USD is a reasonable price.

I've recently started to collect again. I used to do it with my dad when I was like, 11-12 maybe, and collecting again is really just amazingly nostalgic. I love it. Anyway, my value question is this:

I recently pulled a reverse holo Grotle, from an HGSS: Unleashed booster. However, the printing is off-center to the point where the little icon in the top left of the card was actually printed slightly off of the card itself.

Obviously, the Grotle itself isn't very rare. I was just wondering if the printing would be off-center enough to be considered an "Error Card," which would indeed make it rare. I'm going to hold onto it regardless, as I really don't like just flipping cards for a profit. I was just wondering.

Oh, and I would post pictures of the card, but I can't post links or whatever until after 15 posts. -_-

Cards where the cut was misaligned aren't really in demand due to the frequency they happen at. I have several from the several Diamond and Pearl sets, myself

Thank you very much for the value guide donavannj, I did not expect you to price them all individually! You out did yourself but it is very appreciated and I will see if I can get a better picture of that Dragonair card because it's driving me crazy! Last question and I will leave you alone ha. Do you think the entire set is worth selling at once, or would it be best to just sell the holo and rare cards individually?

I think selling the more valuable ones individually and the cheaper ones in groups is probably best.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back