• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official Johto Map Discussion

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Random stuff I just saw..may not even be true.

1)Theres a small cave opening or hole..or maybe a black pixel..=.= to the right of the purple tower which I think is Sprout Tower, if I remember it..

2)There's a cave or random brown space to the left of the Ecu..the tower below the burning trees. Altering Cave? Or is it an accompaniment to the space above Lake of Rage which is rumored to contain Kyogre. Groudon?

3)There's a big splotch of blue, dark blue to the south of the big "7". Maybe it's just something on my laptop.

4) Was there a cave between the area of the starting town and the last gym town in the original? I don't remember it...

5) Pointless probably..but the water darkens toward the bottom right hand of the pic.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    By tilting my computer up I can see everything underneath the clouds and there is only the Battle Tower, a small road, and some junk I cant quite make out south of the Battke Tower. In all it is not enough to be a full Frontier.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    By tilting my computer up I can see everything underneath the clouds and there is only the pattle tower, a small road, and some junk I cant quite make out south of the Battke Tower. In all it is not enough to be a full Frontier.
    In no way is it possible you can see everything. I mean the clouds cover quite a large area and the left and right could have some frontier facilties. Time will tell.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    In no way is it possible you can see everything. I mean the clouds cover quite a large area and the left and right could have some frontier facilties. Time will tell.

Im telling you and I have no reason to lie about something so pity. As I tilt it upwards the clouds become transparent. I see most of the shaft of the tower and a two part building south of it.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Interesting - had a feeling that cloud was hiding something. (Although I think before I saw a hint of something behind it already? Eh, this pic is clearer anyway). But it does come under the Johto Map discussion, and since we have not idea how much really is underneath that cloud, merging for now. I want another Battle Frontier XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    cant wait for this game, every new thing someone points out just gets me more excited

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    I posted this at the beginning of the thread, everyone seemed to pass over it.

I messed around with the battle tower area in photoshop a bit, see if I could darken it abit so it would be easier to see.

Official Johto Map Discussion

My source of the map was from the opening flash intro from the new site.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I believe it was said earlier that there was a large tower seen behind the clouds. However, I did see a little this one is a lot larger and clearer to notice fro the picture given. I do find it interesting though, and if there isn't a Battle Frontier situated here, then at least we know we'll have the Battle Tower to challenge. The cloud does cover up quite a large portion on the land space, so I'm sure something more than just the tower is hidden under it. If not the entire frontier, then I picture some small shops being found here like what was done in Diamond and Pearl in the Fight Area before the Battle Frontier was put there in Platinum. This is basically confirmation enough, and as much as a Battle Frontier sounds great, I wouldn't mind having the Tower alone as if I need to challenge any Frontier Brains, then I'll play Platinum. However, this does give good hopes, so we'll see what happens when the entire Johto is explained in detail.

Rettan

~Oddish_Smoker~
    Years
    Aero keeps posting the things im about to say right before me xD Impressing!
    Anyhow yes, even tho Battle Frontier presence isnt confirmed, at least the battle tower can be clearly noticed it exist.
    I did not fail at pointing the desert next to Ecruteak city, its just a landfill, lake of rage goes way up north, and the map is rectangular so its easier to simply fill it with somn.

I also wanna state about the Golden forest everyone has been chatting about. Ecruteak city in japan is called Enju city, due to the Enju trees someone stated before. So the golden forest of Enju trees are just landmark to specify even more that the location is Enju city (Ecruteak)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I just noticed. Suicune's ledge from crystal is back in these games. But with a cave! Is it possible that the cave on the ledge holds Suicune after you awaken the beasts? It could be how Mespirit with the pixies.

Years
    I posted this at the beginning of the thread, everyone seemed to pass over it.

I messed around with the battle tower area in photoshop a bit, see if I could darken it abit so it would be easier to see.

Official Johto Map Discussion

My source of the map was from the opening flash intro from the new site.

Hold up.. that looks like some kind of ruins of a tower.. Rayquaza anyone?

Years
    I know that, Todoroki is, but it looks like a really old building there, it jut strikes me as odd. Plus, there's plenty of places for them to put the Tower/frontier. But, at the moment, we have nowhere for the poor little emerald snake.. thing XD

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I know that, Todoroki is, but it looks like a really old building there, it jut strikes me as odd. Plus, there's plenty of places for them to put the Tower/frontier. But, at the moment, we have nowhere for the poor little emerald snake.. thing XD
    It looks old due to the cloudsh having it covered and the color not being there fully. And you say that like Ground and Kyogre have a place.

Years
    Actually, we have a few possibilities for these this duo.

Kyogre= Whirl Islands (Doubt it)
    Lake of Rage (Doubt it yet again)
    Ocean by Olivine (Most likely conclusion)

Groudon: Rock Tunnel (Kanto, could work)
    Mt Moon (Doubt this, but can't rule it out completely)
    Mt. Silver (Very unlikely, could work though)

Rayquaza, i cannot think of a place. Maybe Lavender Tower, if they decide to implement it. But, Ghost Pokemon reside there, not Dragons.
    And, the place i have pointed out.

I get your point on the colour thing though. I'm just trying to think outside the box.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Actually, we have a few possibilities for these this duo.

Kyogre= Whirl Islands (Doubt it)
    Lake of Rage (Doubt it yet again)
    Ocean by Olivine (Most likely conclusion)

Groudon: Rock Tunnel (Kanto, could work)
    Mt Moon (Doubt this, but can't rule it out completely)
    Mt. Silver (Very unlikely, could work though)

Rayquaza, i cannot think of a place. Maybe Lavender Tower, if they decide to implement it. But, Ghost Pokemon reside there, not Dragons.
    And, the place i have pointed out.

I get your point on the colour thing though. I'm just trying to think outside the box.
    Thinking outside the box is good but not when there is proof and all how something could clearly be the something that was there before. And I doubt it would have a gatehouse and all in front of it.

Years
    Actually, i have an idea for the gatehouse. You see, what if, just maybe, that is what stops you from getting in unless you have Groudon+Kyogre, there could be an NPC who stops you, and goes 'Only the chosen may enter'or something along those lines. It'd prevent us from getting in.

Hypergaming

Pikachu Palace!
    Years
    I like battle tower, but i would love battle frontier. i have never got to play one. I have a feeling it is only battle tower though. :(

Back