• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters
    Years
    I actually like her design. I wouldn't normally wear that outfit, but it's still nice for a pokemon trainer.

I'm wondering whether or not she'll meet Silver and stand up for Gold saying "he's not weak. Leave him alone." I'm curious of how friendly her character may be. We may even have a nice rival and a mean rival for the first time ever. (Lucas and Barry were both nice.) For those who do play as Gold, I hope to get to have a battle with her. In Dppt, Lucas talked about Barry. I'm wondering what the girl has to say about Silver.

Last edited:

Utau

t s u n d e r e
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    She's okay to me. Not exactly my favorite female, but she's okay. I'm going to play as Gold, even if I'm a girl, because Gold's too good to pass up. xD

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The girl character seems pretty and tough. and i like her very much. I hope she would appear in the anime to be a Top Coordinator also. Or maybe to be a Pokemon Master or a Gym Leader. Probably i hope ~_~,

I doubt we'll see the new female as a Gym Leader as that isn't what she is known to be. A Top Coordinator or rival to Dawn in the anime [if] they return to Johto will be a nice twist and it'll definitely share the anime watchers some new perspective on the female.

Personally, she's not my favourite, the girl character from sapphire was,
    but i spose she's livable, but no exactly a fashionista

Same here, May has always been my favorite. Though, she may not be fashionalble to some, she may be fashionable to others. With what she wears now is just a matter of personal preference I believe.

I actually like her design. I wouldn't normally wear that outfit, but it's still nice for a pokemon trainer.

I'm wondering whether or not she'll meet Silver and stand up for Gold saying "he's not weak. Leave him alone." I'm curious of how friendly her character may be. We may even have a nice rival and a mean rival for the first time ever. (Lucas and Barry were both nice.) For those who do play as Gold, I hope to get to have a battle with her. In Dppt, Lucas talked about Barry. I'm wondering what the girl has to say about Silver.

I'm a guy, so I don't think I'll ever wear her style of clothing. /o\

Though, you do bring an interesting point on her mentioning something about Silver every once in awhile. I can probably see it happening and I just wonder what kind of supporting role she'll play, and that matter for Gold as well if you choose to play as the new female. A battle with her or Gold will be a plus, as it will definitely be something new and give us a chance to see what Pokémon they give her, as well as what they may give Gold. Anyway, a small thought occured to me that is probably not going to happen. It would be funny to see her as the unmentioned sister of Silver. I mean Brown has a close color to Red at some points. Though, this is just a thought and I would doubt to see it happening. I'd actually imagine the female having a grudge against Silver, such as he stole the starter she might have wanted or something like that. There are so many new twisted story components the game makers can play around with as they've brought in this new female. Which I personally like the thought of, but again...we'll just have to hang on tight and see.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    Is Soul a redesign of Kris?

In FR/LG Leaf was a redesign of Blue. So why couldn't soul be a redesign of Kris?

Take a look.

Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion
    Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

They have similar hair, and in the Manga Kris had brown hair, too. They both have shorts and red shirts. And if you see anything else similar about them post it.

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    I disagree. I think that Soul/Heart is the female version of Gold. With a tradition already set, I believe that they decided a new female would suit the game better than Kris/Marina.

Years
    Anyone who says that her name being Soul is evidence against her being a redesign of Kris is a fool. inb4 etc. etc.

It was theorised amongst my group of friends that the new female PC was simply a redesign of Kris, and it isn't certain if she is or isn't as of yet, but I don't see it happening.

And if she was a redesign of Kris, imagine how the already whiny HGSS fandom would react. "BAWW WE WANT KRIS'S OLD CLOTHES BACK BAWW CUTCUTCUT."

Ayselipera

like Kris. Perhaps they made her
    sorta similar so she would fit in
    with the Johto Region as past
    players remember.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I'm going to have to disagree. Firstly, the female character who didn't make it into Red/Blue/Yellow had brown hair (I think XD), and the FR/LG heroine had brown hair. Their hairstyle was also pretty similar.
    Kris and Soul on the other hand...
    1) Completely different hair colours.
    2) Radical chage in outfit *cough*overalls*cough*
    3) And the biggest one (and the only one I seem to have noticed. XD) Kris has blue eyes, however Soul has brown. :\

Years
    I'm going to have to disagree. Firstly, the female character who didn't make it into Red/Blue/Yellow had brown hair (I think XD), and the FR/LG heroine had brown hair. Their hairstyle was also pretty similar.
    Kris and Soul on the other hand...
    1) Completely different hair colours.
    2) Radical chage in outfit *cough*overalls*cough*
    3) And the biggest one (and the only one I seem to have noticed. XD) Kris has blue eyes, however Soul has brown. :\

Brown contacts for the win?

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
    Possibly, but probably not. I bet this new girl just looks kind of similar. After all, these games are going to be Gold and Silver remakes, not Crystal remakes. So, I bet she isn't a redesign, even though there is the vague possibility still there.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I strongly believe that the new female protagonist and Kris are two completely different people. For one, they have similarities yet. Though, if you look closer, you'll notice the new female has other traits from previous females as well. For exmaple, Leaf, the female from FRLG; look at her color and look at Soul's [I'll call her that for now] color. They have a similarity in them. Then, there are the hair issues, which yes Kris and Soul have hair that is styled the same, but there are tons of people out there with the same hair style. For me, I basically think they are seperate girls who just have some similarities. More over though, I think Soul was made up using different traits from the past female protagonists.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
    I strongly believe that the new female protagonist and Kris are two completely different people. For one, they have similarities yet. Though, if you look closer, you'll notice the new female has other traits from previous females as well. For exmaple, Leaf, the female from FRLG; look at her color and look at Soul's [I'll call her that for now] color. They have a similarity in them. Then, there are the hair issues, which yes Kris and Soul have hair that is styled the same, but there are tons of people out there with the same hair style. For me, I basically think they are seperate girls who just have some similarities. More over though, I think Soul was made up using different traits from the past female protagonists.

I agree with this one. Kris and Soul does have some similarities but I also think that they are two different characters. Soul has some similarities with not just Leaf/Blue but also with May/Sapphire and Dawn/Lady Platinum Berlitz. Same hair style doesn´t prove that Soul would be Kris´ redesing and in the end didn´t Kris have a bit blue hair? If so, that just smallers the possibility that Kris and Soul would be the same character because Soul has cleary brown hair.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I like the new girl, she's cute but I'm angry that they replaced Krystal. It would've made the remake much better.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Because one group of pixels representing you rather than another set of pixels will change everything, right?
    It wouldn't have made a difference--the game wouldn't been affected in any significant way. :/

Now here's hoping we get to see some shots of this girl sometime before September.

Years
    Ahaha, I like her outfit, but I don't like how her hair isn't blue. :c
    If her hair was blue, she'd be my new favourite Pokemon girl D:

Back