• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I was going to say I preferred the one with blue hair, because there's just something that seems so cool about blue hair, but that fanart *does* make her look cute. So I don't think I mind too much now, haha.

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
    Years
  • she's ma bish
    even though I'll be playing as Jimmy, Soul's design is kinda what people are wearing nowadays XD
    I just hope they don't make any of the characters look like an indie star ROFL
    if you think about it, even though yellow had no remake, Crystal was only in Crystal version, and they're remaking G/S not Crystal, so it wouldnt make sense to have a character that was only in crystal be in the new G/S

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I kinda despise her cause Crystal should've been the female character.

Oh well...she's okay I suppose =/

burningfoot

Prepare Yourself!
    Years
  • Ok, having a further look at her and other characters from the series I'm starting to think Nintendo have been very lazy about this. She sort of looks like an amalgamation of other chacters. Her overalls look like a fusion of the FireRed/LeafGreen bird keeper's overalls and May's shorts. The top under her overalls looks similar to Gold's top. Her hat looks like the FireRed/LeafGreen girl's hat just with a balloon inside. And a swear I've seen that hairstyle and bag before but I can't remember which characters. Hmm.

Wow. It's amazing how we all beg for something, and then when we finally get it we still complain. xDDD

I'm British and that's what we Brits do, moan about everything.

DarthWaffles

IS A FIRIN' HIS LAZAR
    Years
  • This new character is alright, I suppose. I can't say she bad, as I would be lying, she looks pretty good. But I still prefer Kris over her any day.

Translator

I want a blog.
    Years
  • Well, I have to admit that the new character does not look bad but I want to see Crystal in HG/SS. I also found out that the new female character's name is Soul. I found it in Bulbapedia.

Guys, I'll just show to you the updated version of Gold and try to see if they look good for each other. I think this updated version of Gold looks like a teenager. :)
    Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Last edited:

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Okay. I guess I was still thinking in terms of her as a player character. :p

Also, in response to the whole "Johto-esque" thing. As far as I can recall, Johto was supposed to be the equivalent of one of the more rural, "hickish" regions of Japan. So in that case a farm girl outfit would make sense.

EDIT: Kansai. couldn't remember the name. I'm not an expert on Japanese culture but I believe I remembering something about people from other areas and more populated, urban places sometimes perceiving people from Kansai as being uneducated bumpkins. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I read...

Why are so many people ignoring this post?

Also, Goldenrod = Osaka, geographically and culturally(An extremely modern city in an area where most communities live a more traditional Japanese life-style)

SkieTheKitsune

Hi, I'm FoxMan! I physically cannot change my user
    Years
  • Meh, it's not that bad. I would prefer the girl from Pokemon Crystal, but what can you do? It's really not anything to get worked up over. :P

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • I don't mind her. She may looks strange at first but she looks also interesting. I'd wish she would have a more interesting haircolor though.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I like her the way she is.She fits more to Johto and Gold.

But since the thread is about design,I dont mind her actully I like her Clothes.
    But I have to say people This a "Game" Not a Super Model Design.
    Admit it people You hate her Because Of replacing Kris.Regardless.

Beside dosnt Misty Wears Overall On the Anime,Doesnt Lucas Wears Big hat.

It probebly Because of Replacing Kris.No doubt

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
  • You liked may

No I didn't

you liked dawn
    Yes I did

and you liked cynthia
    No I didn't

Anywho, a LOT of people seemed to have missed the point of the thread (infact everyone did) Im saying that because of the female lead's ...."replacement", some people automatically assume that any and all features from Crystal (the game) will be omitted such as battle tower, the suicune story, buena's password (most likely wont return I believe), move tutors, etc. THATS what I mean.

Why is it that everytime I start a discussion.....there's warfare?

Alot of people are hating on the new girl and saying they dont like her design. So i was thinking, if her hat and clothes were different, would you actually like her?

If she had better cloths then I wouldn't mind the change. I look at Red/Ash/Fire/PT and see it as "not him" but he doesn't look like he was stoned when he went shopping for cloths, so its a good redesign. Ironically since Green/Blue's redesign isn't bad yet I dont like. This heifer can't dress worth crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Okay, lemme just finish this nicely.
    to the first guy/girl who replied to my post,
    I didn't really understand what you're trying
    to say. No offense or anything, but your
    grammar skills are very... lacking.
    Im sorry but I dont Focus when I Type Fast.

Now im Gunna Say It clearly.

I was saying The people who complain about The new Female Is because of Replacing Kris Not Because of Her Design

If you say Im wrong Then Give me someone who Complain About The new Girl and Never played Crystal.
    If you say im wrong again then Look,the people who complain are saying 'Im miss Kris" And/Or "OMG!No Kris!!!!!!" etc.
    People hate her Because of the Replacing Kris,So thats why they make fun of her Design.
    Admit it.Your Only embrassing yourslef.
    ------------------------------------------
    I agree with Psyburn,This Thread Is About Crystal Not Kris and the new Female.
    I think this thread should be locked but only if Psyburn Agreed since this is his Thread.

Edit:Moving it to this thread was a better Idea.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • STOP MAKING THREADS ABOUT THE NEW GIRL. ONE IS ENOUGH.

:( Just merged like 3 threads into the first one. Seriously. You can discuss her name, whether you like/dislike her, etc. here. More than one thread is ridiculous for one character who has no info aside from a picture.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I was wondering when they would all get merged, because it did get a bit annoying seeing so many threads on this one female. Anyway, going back to the topic, the new female, seeing her placed next to the new looking Gold, matches up quite nicely.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It's still involved the new girl seeing others and what they posted. To tell you the truth, having them all merged keeps the section clean, so lets leave it like that, and discuss.

The new girl is lovely, and I can tell she seems to have somewhat of the opposite personality than Gold.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • *facepalm*

The thread wasn't about the new girl, she was used as an example! :(
    My apologies if it wasn't but I swear I read through it and it was still mainly about her? Unless I'm thinking of another. <_< I'm just so fed up with the duplicate threads in this forum (I think I've merged more threads today than all of last year) that I grabbed anything I saw of her so if I misclicked, my bad. I can try to go through and pull it out but if the premise wasn't super significantly varied from her, I'm probably not gonna bother.

Back