• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    I really don't care, she's kinda 9 years old-ish, but she looks cool.

I never played girl characters on any game, especially on Pokemon which is (for me) manually an offline game, and that's it.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I've learned to accept her. She looks like a good character. Though she would look better if we knew that she had a personality.

(I wonder if her and Kris will meet in the manga, and what it will be like)

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I think she looks cute, but her colour scheme isn't too great.

PiplupGHacker

Keeping the dream alive.
    Years
  • YES, YES... (I was about to reference G.I. Joe, but if I do, I'm sure I'll be called a pervert)

I really don't see a problem with her - all you people think she's ugly, but I say she's pretty cute (no i dnt lk3 p1x3l5). I mean marina was fine, but marina's overworld sprite, man, it was just so weird! it looked like she had upside down spiky pig tails

Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Ok, thats not overworld (or at least, what I was thinking meant overworld) but her hair just looks a bit odd lol

Years
  • Yeah, Marina's bangs remind me of a spider. The new girl's hair looks more natural, and it's an easy style to do for Halloween (in case anyone is going to dress up as her). You could just use some gel and voila! ;) I like the new girl's back sprite better. You can't really notice the overalls, and the pigtails don't cover her face this time. (Kris' right pigtail covered her face.) After seeing the silhouette of Soul/Heart's sprite in the Pokedex, it looks better.

magrathean

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • I do like her, I suppose, she's cute.

However, I will miss the blue hair. Every single female character you get to play as has brown hair except for Crystal, and I always thought she was so cool because of that hahaha.

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    I do like her, I suppose, she's cute.

However, I will miss the blue hair. Every single female character you get to play as has brown hair except for Crystal, and I always thought she was so cool because of that hahaha.

wait wait wait...dawn has blue hair >> xD

eh she's ok, ill probly end up choosing her anyway, she seems to be growing on ppl as well as me...even tho im a guy...ive chosen the girl character since crystal so i think ill stick to it and be different xD

magrathean

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • wait wait wait...dawn has blue hair >> xD

eh she's ok, ill probly end up choosing her anyway, she seems to be growing on ppl as well as me...even tho im a guy...ive chosen the girl character since crystal so i think ill stick to it and be different xD

I always forget about Dawn...I don't know why. xD

It is kind of blue-ish...but I always end up thinking of it as being black. It doesn't give the bright color shock that I hope for.

Years
  • I'm fine with it she quite cute and, it something new which is nice, besides that what remakes are about adding new content to a older games/movies in my oppion.

poke-ranger

Craving HeartGold!
    Years
  • TBH. She looks good. I've never played as Kris. And will never play as this girl. So. Whatever. She doesn't look bad. People should just accept her. This isn't a remake of crystal!

シルバー

Γ Чεr ςcreαm is βut a drəαм х
    Years
  • I think she is sorta adorable, but I personally like Crystal better. Maybe straighten out those pincers Crystal had and give her Soul's hat then I'd be good. I would love to ram Soul in the face though and do the same to Gamefreak xD; I think they made everyone look too cute, and Silver looks like a nice guy :'c

I have to say that I accept Soul but I don't like her that much. I did not like Leaf much either.

TAKUORO

Pyro from WAH ;D
    Years
  • I like the new girl,cristal was cool but i will acept this wifth the time,besides
    change the clohtes of this one and she will look like cristal with brown hair!
    at least she bears a resemble!

SilentHeroX

Battles should be fun!
    Years
  • Crystal rocked but I'm liking the new girl too and hey that means there will be four Dex holders for the Johto region if the Pokespecial manga decides to use her in the next arc.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2016
    She's okay I guess... Though I think somehow blue eyes might look better... All the females so far had blue/teal eyes so why not this one? Also the overalls... Her whole outfit looks somewhat like Misty's outfits mixed with one of May's along with Blue's bag and the hairstyle of Kris... It's almost as if they created her from other characters already existing in the games/series/manga. The only thing original about it that I see is that big bow on her hat...

Years
  • I think blue eyes would have looked better as well, but it's not that bad.

This is what I saw when I first looked at her. (I didn't see the bottom part of the socks or the shoes. I think the socks and shoes ruined it. Especially the shoes. The shoes make it look goofy.
    Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

You have to admit that the black lines and above aren't that bad.

Back