• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Soul looks awesome in the anime , alot better than the Official sugimori arts o3o

I must see it when she makes an appearance
    i just hope they don't make her wimpy and annoying ;n;

-------

Can we ram her in the face now?
    NO.
    ಠnಠ /shot

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    she's kind of ... really ugly. i wish we were given the option to change our trainer's clothes and such in the pokemon games, just to make them unique from everyone else's. siiigh, one could only imagine. :(

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    It was really only a matter of time before Soul ended up appearing in the Pokémon anime itself. This is going to be a large promotional hit for fans to go out and purchase the new GSDS remakes, HeartGold and SoulSilver when it is released in Japan. It'll also give a lot of viewers and gamers to see what she may be like as in her personality and way of thought. So, as an anime fan I'll be looking forward to seeing Soul in the soon-to-come DP Series anime. Like stated, her hat isn't all that huge as it may have appeared in her artwork. Neither is it tremendously large in the game itself either, but instead she looks pretty cool in the show from the screenshot image shown.

My biggest satifaction however is that this finally gives a point to many out there that Soul isn't replacing Kris and neither is she Kris, but her own individual.

Spinni

Larvitar #1
    Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Canada
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I don't like the new girl. :c

...Yeah that's all I can really say, I wish they didn't replace Kris :c

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
    I don´t really know what to think of her. After all, she´s quite fresh, europian, cute and overall very impressive. Still I wish that Kris would have had some sort of role in these two remakes. Even tough she appeared the very first time in Crystal. She was the first playable female character at the Pokémon so don´t say that she wasn´t important. It was a huge step forward if you think and that´s why Kris should have made a cameo or something. :P

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
    Years
    Super Mario much?...

nevertheless, she's official and in the game now. She's cute, yet creepy for some reason :D

phantom95

The Surge of Silver Stands
    Years
    i absolutely dont hate her she looks a lot better then kris ever did and her name is kotone which means sound of a harp thats her name if u play as the male character if u play as her the male character is named hibeki i personally like the fact that she teaches u stuff in the game and her marill is also really cute so far shes my favorite heroine

humanking

Old School Fan
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    apart from the beginning she's not a big part of the game, so who cares :p she's alright for the role she has, and if you play her well it's your choice so...

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    One word.

HOT

No Just kidding. I don't really care about the new girl. I'm never gonna play as her, and I never really played as Crystal either. So it really doesnt bother me.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2020
    i hate the new girl shes mario

Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
    kotone is awesome. not only game-wise, but anime-wise too.

but game-wise, i like her design. i wonder why people think she's only an updated version of kris >_>

Princess Pichu

Art is a flash of beauty~
    Years
    NO. Just no. I hate her. I don't like the over-alls or whatever she's wearing. And I can't stand the HORRIBLE HAT. I might play as the guy just to not have to look at her. But I probably end up playing as her for some reason.
    They should've gone with Kris from Crystal. I liked Kris much more. I liked her design. There was absolutely no need to replace her.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
    I have no problem with her whatsoever. Granted, she's not Kris, and I think that Kris deserves some spotlight as she was the first playable female character. But at the same time, not including her makes her kind of special.. or rare. lol

Back