• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Kotone is better than Kris in my opinion, but if you could change the textures like in Crystal, it'd be funny. (The guy became red after a while, but it was fun being blue.)

Anyway, use her, don't use her, ram her in the face, it does not matter. What matters is that DAWN is from SHINOU, not JOHTO.

JY

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    God, she is hideous. I want to ram her face repeatedly into the floor.

Sweet Visions

..is cool!
    Years
    I don't really care, I don't play the girl character. I don't mind what she looks like, either, because I'm not going to pleasure myself to her or anything like that. She looks fine.

Moskau

Oh, dear...
    Years
    I like her and Kris both equally. But I adore Kotone's hat, how adorable is that? Plus, overalls! So cute! She is incredibly unique looking, I really like how modern she is.

Though I wish they would have kept Kris for this game, and maybe used Kotone for the next generation? :)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Though I wish they would have kept Kris for this game, and maybe used Kotone for the next generation? :)
    This is actually an idea I don't think I've heard been brought up as yet. I do like Kotone being a new addition to the remakes, and even if Kris had stayed, I wouldn't have mind as she was the first "Johto" girl implemented into the games. Though, like you mentioned, if they had brought back Kris for these remakes, and saved Kotone for the next generation, then I believe it would have pleased many fans and left an opening opportunity for the next generation (although, we wouldn't have known about it as yet). xD

blendaz

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
    I just can't like her more than Kris ... but what can i do?
    We just have to get used to her. We can't do anything about it!!!

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    I really like Kotone, to be honest. She's probably the first female character ingame i've ever wanted to use. I mean, Dawn is OK, but I think Kotone looks better.
    If I ever get SoulSilver, I am definately going to pick Kotone on my first playthrough.
    I think she looks cute. I'm not one of those freaks (sorry if I offend anyone, but I really think it's kinda creepy) who falls in love with pixels, but still.. I like her style.

*DAMN NO$GBA AND ITS HGSS GLITCHING! I can only play it on Desmume and Desmume is slow as hell for me, so..*

Gov. Marley

Wakes the Thought Police
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    I think Kotone is darn cute. :3
    At least they kept the Johto Girl's lack of skirt. Though I have no idea what to call Kotone's overgarment. My friend wore one to school the other day. I called it "The Kotone Jumper."

Sure, I miss Kris, but I like them both equally. It's too bad, though, about the whole internal-battery thing. ;-; I want to play as Kris again. I see no real reason for her being replaced; even though she only appeared in one game, she's still The Johto Girl.
    (Neither of them are my favorite, though. Leaf is my favorite. If they ever change her, I'll... be very very upset.)

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    The hat. Oh God, that thing has to go. It's so ugly and takes up so much space. Might as well have a second head.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    The hat. Oh God, that thing has to go. It's so ugly and takes up so much space. Might as well have a second head.

The hat actually isn't all that big, its just the of angle the original artwork made it look that way.

hectord25

It's so Dark here
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2016
    That girl don`t like me,the best from all is the female character from Diamond/Pearl,but this one...Naaaa

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    oh,i lurvs kotone.shes mah fav. lol.i may choose 2 pik her for my person in HG/SS(idk wich 1 tho)

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2010
    I'm sorry but the one from Crystal is still the best one so far. This is average.. A bit similar to the previous girls.

Flamboyant

Girlpowershipping fangirl ♥
    Years
    Let's just say I have mixed feelings about this.
    At first, I was raging about the replacement they did there. I expected Krys to be the girl player, like in Crystal.
    Then, when I look at it now, the new girl doesn't seem that bad to me. Sure, it's still deceiving that Krys just disappeared, but I got used to it. That heart/soul girl is kinda cute, haha.

Years
    She's fine. For some reason I think they re-did the female character is because Krystal was a bit old fashioned, so they decided to create a new, trendy character. They re-designed Gold because if they replaced him, then they would get tons of hate. Now, to wait for Generation 5 and see what they did to Brenden......

Back