• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

Mclena45

Pkmn Trainer Allen
    Years
    I like her better personally, Kris was the first playable female character, that just means she should stay like that, she shouldn't become the last female character up to Gen V too.

EDIT: I just noticed that the games that have been remaked so far haven't had a female choice, HGSS is a remake of Gold and Silver, not crystal, but it has stuff from crystal. And, none of the playable female characters have never been seen out side their Generation in the games. But two of the males have, Red and Gold, Red in Gen 1-4 and Gold in Gen 2 and 4.

Last edited:

manhattan

missing in action
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    NO. Just no. I hate her. I don't like the over-alls or whatever she's wearing. And I can't stand the HORRIBLE HAT. I might play as the guy just to not have to look at her. But I probably end up playing as her for some reason.
    They should've gone with Kris from Crystal. I liked Kris much more. I liked her design. There was absolutely no need to replace her.

Agreed. I already miss Kris.
    I'll probably play with Gold too so I don't have to stare at Kotone.

Years
    I like her better personally, Kris was the first playable female character, that just means she should stay like that, she shouldn't become the last female character up to Gen V too.
    And on that note we may end up seeing Kris in a Crystal remake... (knowing the Pokemon game monopoly...)
    So quit complaining about Kotone... it will all be over soon ;)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    And on that note we may end up seeing Kris in a Crystal remake... (knowing the Pokemon game monopoly...)
    So quit complaining about Kotone... it will all be over soon ;)

Doubt it to be honest. HeartGold and SoulSilver are remakes of Gold and Silver, how they have also included the Suicune side plot from Crystal within the game as well as bringing in Eugine makes a Cystal remake highly unlikely and unneeded. So, I wouldn't keep hopes up for this to occur. I can say however that Kotone is the new female, replacing no one from the original Gold and Silver, but instead bringing in something new that was never there before. Overtime, many will get over the change in fact, but still keep Kris as a strong memory.

Years
    Can't remember if I posted here before, but now I adore Kotone. I didn't really like May (at all- we battled her with her strongest Pokemon level 34? That's not rivalish at all!). I didn't really mind Dawn, but her Anime character peeves me off SO MUCH (the little i've seen of Anime Dawn, anyways). Leaf/Blue.. I like. It's a pity we never met her as a character (you know, the kind Kotone is), game or anime, but i liked her Manga character, so i don't mind her much.
    Back to the point, I love Kotone, I'm sick of people saying she's Mario. I love her big hat, her strange sock-stocking things, everything. I have yet to see her in action in the Game (and maybe Anime, but I don't really watch it- only glimpses while flicking through stuff), but I love her anyways.
    I.
    Love.
    Kotone.
    Udo2.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Do you still think that Kotone is Kris?

Some people don't believe it. It is when stuff like my avatar comes out that people start to think it.

Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

She like Blue and Green got a total revamp of the outfit. They have a similar yet different hair style. Look at my picture I made. It is beside those two. Now you can't tell me those don't look the same!

Someone wanted me to post this in the thread.

Like Kris got a new name in this game. Gold = Hibiki and Kris = Kotone.

Also you can compare artworks.

Red buttoned up his shirt, got a new hat, new bag, and the Vs. Seeker. Yet people still call him Red.

Blue got a new outfit, a hat, a bag, shoes, and a Vs. Seeker. Yet people still call her Blue, or some people call her Leaf.

Got a totally new outfit. Yet people still call him

New pants, new shirt, new Pokegear, different yet similar hair style. Yet some people still call him Gold, but others call him Hibiki.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Well , in fact that Marina Appeared in the anime ( based on Kris in Crystal ) , and Kotone Appeared in the DP series of the anime ( based on Kotone in HG/SS ) so that means Kotone is not Kris

Years
    I never started to think about it cause i'm positive Kotone is not Kris.If Kotone was Kris,it would be too weird and confusing. New identity,name,clothes it's just too difficult to comprehend that those two can actually be the same person.

pokeretard

My 2 fav types in one Pokemon!
    Years
    Well Kotone could still be Kris just like an older version. Because like all of the artwork you posted it shows them young and they grow up. Haven't you ever read PokeSpe?

Years
    I used to think that Kotone was actually Kris, for the exact reasons you mentioned in the first post- mainly, my examples were Red, and Green (the boy, his Rival. Not Blue, the girl (to avoid any manga confusion). Their hair colours and clothes are different, but we know it's them. If Kotone could easily be Kris, for the same reasons- however, as someone mentioned above, both Kris (/Marina) and Kotone both appeared as separate characters in the Anime, so no, they can't be the same person. (this theory can be proven wrong if both Red and Green appear in the anime alongside Ash and Gary. But that'll never happen).

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    No, she's not. They share a similar hairstyle and that's it. I have hair that's straight, red, and layered, but that doesn't mean every other girl with straight, layered hair is the same person as me. Red, Blue, and Green are the same people because they were given the same names in the story [and manga too, plus they were shown to have outfit changes there, even though manga =/= games]. Kotone and Kris were given different names, so it should be obvious that they're different. And as someone else said, the two appeared as separate people in the anime, and although the canons are all different, they would never put someone as 2 different people in the anime that was only 1 person in the games. And I'm sure in Pokespecial Kotone will eventually make an appearance and be shown as a different person than Kris.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Some people don't believe it. It is when stuff like my avatar comes out that people start to think it.

She like Blue and Green got a total revamp of the outfit. They have a similar yet different hair style. Look at my picture I made. It is beside those two. Now you can't tell me those don't look the same!

Someone wanted me to post this in the thread.

UGH WILL YOU PEOPLE PLEASE GIVE IT A REST
    Katone is the new girl in town, why do you have to be so hateful?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Kotone has been stressed enough that she is her own individual and not a revamp of Kris. Yes, they have similar hair design, but it wouldn't mean that she is Kris itself. Many people, if you look around you may have the same style outfit, hairstyle, color, etc. but they are each their own being and not the same person. Not to mention, with the difference in name and both making appearance in the anime at different times it backs up the thought that Kris and Kotone are both different characters.

Comparing these two with the original Red and Green to their revamps is clearly a difference in comparison. You can tell these characters are the same as they have a very close appearance to one another and they have kept the same name throughout, unlike what has been done now with Kotone. So, no, with everything said I strongly believe Kris is her own being while Kotone is someone of herself as well.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    Lol I think thats just in the show, I always saws them as being about 14 in the games =]
    I dont mind her at all, I just think they couldve made her look a little better

You're actually right. I've always found the games seem like a mix between the anime and the manga. The manga has most of the characters the anime doesn't from the game, the manga has older characters such as 14 year olds aprox. And the manga has the more serious evil dudes. In the anime team rocket is a joke. In the game, not so much, usually anyway. In the manga, no way.

See what I'm saying?

Oh, and she's cool. I never actually played Crystal too much, so I never got attached to Krystal

Years
    'Ram her in the face' because it made me lol!

"In the face!!! IN THE FAAAAAAAAAACEEE!!!!!!"

*ahem*

Nah, she's okay. *shrugs* I don't understand why there's so much controversy over "the new girl."

Some people say "OmGZERS SHES UGLY!!!"
    others say "WHEREZ CRYSTAL?!?!?"
    and still others say "I WANT DAWN BACK!!!" (uhhhh....she's from Sinnoh....)

I usually choose the male character anyway, so maybe that's why I'm not all upset. But I do understand that it was a shock because it's not the same girl from crystal version. Oh well. Use her, don't use her, ram her in the face, doesn't matter. It's not like you have to date her/look like her in real life. It's a game after all.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Nah, she's okay. *shrugs* I don't understand why there's so much controversy over "the new girl."
    A lot of Kris fans believed that Kotone replaced Kris in the remakes. Regardless of what many thought about this idea, those who backed up the new female protoganist stressed that Kotone never replaced any female role in the GSDS remakes as no female was ever implemented into the originals. However, the controversy over her still exists today, but not as highly as it was first when news about Kotone was revealed earlier this year. Many chose to play as the male instead because of their dislike to her, which makes little difference because if they played Gold and/or Silver before they had to play as the male protagonist anyway.

Back