• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Official Pokemon Community Game Competiton Sign Up Thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    An I most definitely do not. If you didn't notice I'm a Cyberman.
    Speaking of which, this thread will probably soon be deleted. Or rather, locked.

If anyone has any ideas about this contest that may eventually occur, please post them in the other thread, so that all the discussion is in one place.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
    Honestly, this contest would be a lot better if it was run by the staff of the Game Development section. Not that you're not competent enough, it's that they were chosen by the people who made this site to run this site, which should be reason enough for anybody to want to pick them to run this over your leadership. they have the resources, the man power, organization, and credibility to host a game making contest. That's probably the dominant reason why this contest didn't work out. If this were under the moderators control, they would have things all planned out and optimized to fit everybody's needs, because that's what a moderator does.

I also don't know where your coming from, and this is where you are getting most of that hate. While you think you can revolutionize the forum just be telling us what we can do if we stop or lives outside of PC and game developing and focus everything we have into one contest is unrealistic.I don't know whether your goal for the contest is for us to have fun, or work ourselves into disliking something that another member has pulled us into, I am not sure, but you have brought all due criticism on yourself.

~BlitZ

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    I am gonna add some quick words,

1- I agree with david he tried to do somethin new and got shot down while some of u guys want this to happen most of you are to ignorant to what he was trying to do and care only how the presentation was layed out it could have been better but it was sufficent nonetheless. But in no way was the critic constructive, infact it was destructive...

2-This isn't a bad idea just members here dont like to change what they call their routine, and unless Neo or Avatar supports this and tries to manage it I'm sorry to say most wont support your idea and it wont happen.

Sorry david you tired just some people are too stubborn...

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    I am gonna add some quick words,

1- I agree with david he tried to do somethin new

This has been attempted several times in the past.

P.S. "Gonna" is not a word, "David" is a proper name and should be capitalized, and there should be a "g" at the end of "somethin".

most of you are to ignorant to what he was trying to do and care only how the presentation was layed out it could have been better but it was sufficent nonetheless.

When someone is running something that is 'official' usually there is a certain standard expected of them...

P.S. You mean "too ignorant".

But in no way was the critic constructive, infact it was destructive...

When someone offers suggestions on how something could be improved, whether they are wanted or not, it is constructive criticism.

P.S. You definitely meant "constructive criticism", I don't know what a "critic constructive" is... also "in" and "fact" are two different words.

2-This isn't a bad idea just members here dont like to change what they call their routine

What the hell are you talking about?

Too which routine are you referring to? The fact that the quality of projects in the community have been steadily improving since it was formed?

P.S. "Don't" requires an apostrophe...

unless Neo or Avatar supports this and tries to manage it I'm sorry to say most wont support your idea and it wont happen.

P.S. "Won't" also requires an apostrophe.

Sorry david you tired just some people are too stubborn...

I'm confused as to how you know that David is tired... :\

And we're stubborn because we don't want to join a half-assed contest, with a horrific thread layout, thrown up by someone who has only been a member of the community for a matter of months?

P.S. WHY CAN'T YOU FOLLOW CAPITALIZATION RULES!? D:

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    This has been attempted several times in the past.

P.S. "Gonna" is not a word, "David" is a proper name and should be capitalized, and there should be a "g" at the end of "somethin".

When someone is running something that is 'official' usually there is a certain standard expected of them...

P.S. You mean "too ignorant".

When someone offers suggestions on how something could be improved, whether they are wanted or not, it is constructive criticism.

P.S. You definitely meant "constructive criticism", I don't know what a "critic constructive" is... also "in" and "fact" are two different words.

What the hell are you talking about?

Too which routine are you referring to? The fact that the quality of projects in the community have been steadily improving since it was formed?

P.S. "Don't" requires an apostrophe...

P.S. "Won't" also requires an apostrophe.

I'm confused as to how you know that David is tired... :\

And we're stubborn because we don't want to join a half-assed contest, with a horrific thread layout, thrown up by someone who has only been a member of the community for a matter of months?

P.S. WHY CAN'T YOU FOLLOW CAPITALIZATION RULES!? D:

Im curious as to why u must always be an ass? You must correct everything, can "u" ever accept the fact that maybe u could be wrong? I really dont care what u contribute to this community it gives u no right to be an ass to everyone who disagrees with you... Grow the hell up already... I dont(don't) need to follow any damn grammar rules if I dont want to... I am really geting sick of your retarted humor and your huge ego.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Im curious as to why u must always be an ass? You must correct everything, can "u" ever accept the fact that maybe u could be wrong? I really dont care what u contribute to this community it gives u no right to be an ass to everyone who disagrees with you... Grow the hell up already... I dont(don't) need to follow any damn grammar rules if I dont want to... I am really geting sick of your retarted humor and your huge ego.

LOL don't worry about it, no matter how we try, in the end, we all will be arrogant and will still have the same beliefs at the end. I guess in this community, rank is all what matters...

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years

Good luck succeeding in life with that mindset, you pompous ass.

LOL don't worry about it, no matter how we try, in the end, we all will be arrogant and will still have the same beliefs at the end. I guess in this community, rank is all what matters...

There is no 'rank' in this community, I don't pretend to be any better than any of you - except perhaps the staff. I don't see where I insinuated that I had a greater 'rank' than anyone else. I just said that someone new to the community isn't the best person for the job of running 'official' contests.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
    Amazing I'm the pompous ass... now that was funny.

Actually, I tend to agree with him. Grammar rules are a part of the English language, and if you don't want to follow English grammar conventions, you should try creating your own language that uses no grammar or spelling rules, and see how many people understand when you speak it, and how many call you a geek when you explain it to them.

Anyway, I personally think that this thread is going nowhere, and should be locked before a fully-fledged flame war erupts. (Although I may be too late, considering the posts above mine)

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Gah just stop posting, we are aware of the flaming, just stop, just stop feeding the fire... GAH!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back