• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
    That's frightening to imagine...and kind of cool...maybe they could also give it the fairy type...well it is a fox...or so I think and is said to have been a human in a dex entry which reminds me of stories involving humans with strange powers but are actually fair folk.

You know what else they could do? GIVE IT ITS TAIL BACK! I hate that Kadabra has a big, lovely, puffy tail, and then Alakazam loses it. They could give it a new, fluffy tail, a nice goatee to go with the stache...a third spoon that levitates in front of it.
    And the fairy type would be fitting. Especially depending on what else it's strong against besides dragon, such as Dark and Ghost. That would make Alakazam able to take on its own enemies in Dark types...
    Oh not just a big fluffy tail, More of them...to go with the fox/fairy thing. Not a ninetails, although, fairy/fire ninetails?~
    Alakazam would be, the Demonslayer, and Lucario the Dragonslayer... What's left?

Do you wonder if pokemon officials ever scout forums like these for ideas?

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Mega Roserade is going to be amazing... I can feel it. Along with Mega Milotic and Mega Houndoom.
    I've been thinking of more gimmicks similar to Kangaskhan (who may have stories within their appearance).
    Those that come to mind:
    Parasect - with it's parasitic fungus taking over it... maybe it'll come back to consciousness and slay more than the fungus allows it to...
    Marowak: maybe we'll get to see the face under the skull? Or maybe it's skull will become more grand. Or maybe it'll gain Ground/Ghost typing and the spirit of it's mother will fight by it's side?
    Dugtrio... maybe we'll get to see what's underneath there...

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Shameless wish list:

MegaGolurk
    MegaScolipede
    MegaDrapion
    MegaSteelix
    MegaMamoswine
    MegaDonphan
    MegaExploud
    MegaAggron
    MegaTropius
    MegaTorterra
    MegaVespiquen
    MegaAbomasnow
    MegaSamurott
    MegaKlingklang (almost too perfect for the concept!)

Years
    Mega Roserade is going to be amazing... I can feel it. Along with Mega Milotic and Mega Houndoom.
    I've been thinking of more gimmicks similar to Kangaskhan (who may have stories within their appearance).
    Those that come to mind:
    Parasect - with it's parasitic fungus taking over it... maybe it'll come back to consciousness and slay more than the fungus allows it to...
    Marowak: maybe we'll get to see the face under the skull? Or maybe it's skull will become more grand. Or maybe it'll gain Ground/Ghost typing and the spirit of it's mother will fight by it's side?

like the diglett idea, the fact that it got hidden body parts always annoy me

Years
    Man I have become a huge fan of Mega evolutions. I still though have not understood their method... I also wish more pokes are added in Mega categorie . Come to think of it Ampharos becomes a Dragon / Electric type... Man my world rocks now !!!!.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Those that come to mind:

You say that as if it's certain that we're getting Roserade, Houndoom and Milotic...

Or have I missed something lol?

Years
    Here is my favourite thing about Mega Evolutions:

Every new generation we have the "what will get a new pre-evo or evolution." This is often stuck to a few Pokemon as those on the end of third-evolutionary lines and those with high stats will not get an evolution.

Now we have this new style of evolution, literally ANY Pokemon could have a Mega Evolution.

The speculation about both in future generations will be amazing. This alone makes me excited about it.

Also: Gotta love Ampharos' new do!

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
    Years
    I have a theory that Dugtrio is literally a three headed mole, claws in all, but the hind legs are replaced with a drill. Diglett is a mole with hing legs though.

It's why they can use Scracth and Night Slash.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think Dugtrio's Mega evolution if it's to have one should be radically different or it'll look weird if they were to give it claws with those kinds of heads...

Years
    I think Dugtrio's Mega evolution if it's to have one should be radically different or it'll look weird if they were to give it claws with those kinds of heads...

well, another nice idea for mega dugtrio is to become a big army of digletts(instead of just three)

by the way not long ao i got to read about something called "the seven mysteries of pokemon", it was mentioned in mystery dungeon red and blue, and only four of the seven are noted:
    diglett complete body
    arbok colors patterns
    the thing on giraffarig tail
    the look of forretress without its shell

it would be nice if those pokemons will get a mega evo that will reveal those mysteries

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years

I know what Mega Dugtrio should look like...
    Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

*Snicker*

Moist

other in a month When you,
    Years
    like the diglett idea, the fact that it got hidden body parts always annoy me

I read that so, so wrong.

Also, does this mean, other than Sylveon, we aren't getting any other Evolutions? Pre evolutions are still possible but I was really holding out for a Mawile Evolution :(

tnfsf11

It shall have four heads, and we'll call it Dugquad!
    What about Dugstruction??? {XD}
    Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

Which reminds me of:

Well I can tell you the idea of "copying the same Pokémon 3 times & making it an evolution" won't happen anymore, the proof is that we have KlingKlang; it's evolutions are somewhat different & not carbon copies of the same first Pokémon.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    What about Dugstruction??? {XD}

Which reminds me of:

Well I can tell you the idea of "copying the same Pokémon 3 times & making it an evolution" won't happen anymore, the proof is that we have KlingKlang; it's evolutions are somewhat different & not carbon copies of the same first Pokémon.

I would actually like if Dugstruction existed XD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'll like to see a Magnezone MegaEvolution. One of it's dex entries mention scientists trying to evolve it further...but having failed. Also a MegaPorygonZ that's not glitched.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'll like to see a MegaDurant. It's one of those pokemon that seems good on paper but sort of backfires.

I've used Durant in Black and it is a really strong Pokémon believe it or not, when it has the ability Hustle with Hone Claws and a Physical attack such as Aerial Ace or Iron Head it can really do some damage. I agree with you though that Durant would be beneficial to receive a Mega Evolution upgrade.

Back