• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
Years
  • I agree with you! Lucario is my favorite Fighting type, because of its large versatality, amazing stats and Steel mono-type (Steel is my third favorite type ever!) but I think it's powerful enough.
    It doesn't need an upgrade at things it already excells at! I personally want a Bibarel and Furret mega evolution. They would look amazing!

Glow Punch will surely be a physical move. However, it may actually not be a Fairy move although it should.

Furret...may not be the most powerful, but it is one of the most versatile, with an EXTREMELY huge movepool.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Mawile can learn punch moves irc so if Glow punch is a Fairy move after all than it'll benefit it somewhat.

Furret...may not be the most powerful, but it is one of the most versatile, with an EXTREMELY huge movepool.
    I think all the Rodents are. For example Watchog can learn ground moves, poison moves, dark moves, and I think even water moves...

Last edited:

DamienHelvian

Years
  • Mawile can learn punch moves irc so if Glow punch is a Fairy move after all than it'll benefit it somewhat.

I think all the Rodents are. For example Watchog can learn ground moves, poison moves, dark moves, and I think even water moves...

That's not a rodent thing, that's a Normal-type thing. Normal types have the largest movepools although they don't usually benefit because of the lack of STAB. But there are the ones with the ability Normalize, which is infinitely useful.
    WHICH, MegaFurret should have.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • That's true, normal are very versatile...if only the type was super effective against something...maybe Fairy? I mean it's weak against one type but not strong against anything...seems unfair...

DamienHelvian

Years
  • That's true, normal are very versatile...if only the type was super effective against something...maybe Fairy? I mean it's weak against one type but not strong against anything...seems unfair...

Don't forget it's also immune to a type, that's ironically immune to it, Ghost.
    I doubt it will ever be supereffective against anything, as Normal..doesn't really lead to anything like Supereffectiveness. What would be weak to normal and make sense? Although, for all we know, normal might end up being expanded. Maybe most solely normal types could have Fairy tagged on?

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years

One weakness is better than 2 or 3, plus it has 1 immunity, basically, Normal type, is supposed to be the Mario of types, versatile and balanced, a midpoint, not too strong, but not too weak either.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
    Years
  • One weakness is better than 2 or 3, plus it has 1 immunity, basically, Normal type, is supposed to be the Mario of types, versatile and balanced, a midpoint, not too strong, but not too weak either.

Uh huh, agree with this. Normal is my second favorite type because of those reasons.

And I hope Furret gets a mega form! I can totally imagine it! ...oh great, now I have to draw it.

Asura

असुर
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Don't forget it's also immune to a type, that's ironically immune to it, Ghost.
    I doubt it will ever be supereffective against anything, as Normal..doesn't really lead to anything like Supereffectiveness. What would be weak to normal and make sense? Although, for all we know, normal might end up being expanded. Maybe most solely normal types could have Fairy tagged on?

Well, they do learn those moves because many rodents can be aquatic, have nasty bites, etc, so it's just as much about what type of animal they're based on as it is typing.

And I'd expect a lot of our old Normal types to become Fairy or at least part Fairy.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    We still have to see how the fairy type will change battling in pokemon; we know it's super effective agaisnt dragons, but only that; we still have to see if it's super effective agaisnt other types, the weakness, immunities and resistances it has.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • Actually since it's mega dugtrio...so three. Mr Resetti and Don Resetti together, but who's the third?

Vicious vole Vinnie.

And I'm starting to grow on mega evolutions I don't think I'll use them but I'm getting used to them, even though blaziken is unnecessary it's already powerful enough with speed boost.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'm starting to feel like Mega Evolution is the best thing to happen to the franchise in a while... and I'm completely receptive of the Fairy type now. I'm 100% satisfied with everything that is happening... except for Talonflame's name... that is still unacceptable.

DamienHelvian

Years
  • I'm starting to feel like Mega Evolution is the best thing to happen to the franchise in a while... and I'm completely receptive of the Fairy type now. I'm 100% satisfied with everything that is happening... except for Talonflame's name... that is still unacceptable.

It's not any worse than many Gen V pokemon, like Ducklett and Swanna...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It's not any worse than many Gen V pokemon, like Ducklett and Swanna...

Yes, Ducklett was a horrible name... I barely remember it because it's an over all stupid Pokemon/name anyway. Swanna is good though. But Talonflame? That takes the cake for stupidity! Haha.

Mega Talonflame would sound cool though! xD

DamienHelvian

Years
  • Yes, Ducklett was a horrible name... I barely remember it because it's an over all stupid Pokemon/name anyway. Swanna is good though. But Talonflame? That takes the cake for stupidity! Haha.

Talonflame is horrid. Durant is another one...Gen V had way too many, at least Gen VI only has Talonflame...so far. Let's hope it stays minimal.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2023
    Not the biggest fan of most of the mega evolutions.
    Absol was bad ass enough, but the MegaAbsol looks a bit... weird...
    And attack twice, are you kidding me, two doubble edges in one turn!
    The others look good and not to overpowerd.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Seems like Absol is getting the most praise from this Mega Evolution update! ;;

True! It seems almost everyone finds it tolerable at the very least.
    Not to be a hater but I really don't understand why. Just looking at MegaAbsol annoys me.

I hope there are more 'simple' but creative mega evolutions like Khangaskan. I would rather that kind of Mega evolution instead of over-designed Pokemon.

Last edited:

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • Yes, Ducklett was a horrible name... I barely remember it because it's an over all stupid Pokemon/name anyway. Swanna is good though. But Talonflame? That takes the cake for stupidity! Haha.

Seel and dewgong are still the holder of the stupidest name.

Mega kangaskhan is nice.

Back