• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

KaosDoom

Shiny Hunter KaosDarkrai
Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2011
    Holy Flying Spaghetti Monster in heaven... I think I just caught myself the pink version of the battle pony Birijion! My first legendary shiny ever!

But why, oh why has this shiny to be pink?!

wow... major congrats. o.O
    I envy you big time.. lol

My hunt for shiny Zekrom isn't going to well.. but still determine to get it..
    I estimate over 8300 SRs/run aways combined so far..

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Can someone tell me how a shiny Victiny is cuter than the normal Victiny?

Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

I don't get it. My sister insists I catch a shiny Victiny because the colour scheme is "better". I think the normal Victiny's colour scheme is more natural.

I think most shinies look unnatural bar a few exceptions.

It is a zombie Vinciny. Look how pale it is! I dont like the shiny version.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
  • I actually like the Shiny Victini more.... But I suppose that that is because Red/White is my favorite color combination.

The Red Chain

Well the one shiny I have right now is Shiny Tsutaaja. <33
    Was a pain to get too! D<

It's pretty much the only shiny I wanted next to Doreida and Rankurusu.
    I want Shiny Victini too for the value more than than colors myself. I think I'd want it more for colors if Victini had blue where it's red/orange is, but I still like the shiny nevertheless! :3

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
  • I found a shiny pokemon before. I didn't realize it was a shiny because it didn't really look that different compared to it's regular sprite. I knocked it out.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • Began to hunt for a Shiny Zoroa today through hatching. I traded over an English Ditto with hopes the Masuda Metod was still in the game. So..hopefully it is. I also have it knowing Dark Pulse, since the parent Male Zoroa has it from breeding my female Zoroark with a Weavile.

If you're curious how I got an English Ditto, I traded a Ditto from my English HG to my friend's Japanese HG, who then transfered the Ditto to her Black then traded me it. She also did that with my Shiny Leafeon, Treecko, event Entei for Zoroark, and event Celebi for Zoroa.

In exchange I gave her a Shiny Squirtle.

Egg count: 5

Shinyb-ball

COD MANIAC!!!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2010
    How many shinies do you have?

Just as the title says, or post your first shiny in B/W
    Mine was the one and only pants pokemon Zuruggu.

I just got traded a shiny Fushide, I guess I could add that to my list of 2 shinies now lol

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Meeerged with shiny discussion, where you can discuss shinies you own, too.

Years
  • If I decide to Matsuda/SR for a shiny, I'm getting a shiny Hitomoshi or Gamgerouge (Blue Frog thing) They're awesomely colored shinies. :D Zoroark is pretty awesome too.

RainRaikou

雨 ライコウ
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    Emboar looks very demonic in his shiny form but its odd that i dont like the non shiny form.

Last edited:

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
    Years
  • Yesterday, I was training one of my Pokemon for a team, when I came across a Shiny Kurumiru and caught it in an Ultra Ball(all I had at the time).

He's Brave and has the Chlorophyll ability. :)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

After making a theme out of Bachura, I decided to take a look at its shiny form and see how well it is compared to its non-shiny form. I prefer Bachura's regular appearance as these colors are dull. I do like how the eyes and feet color that differ from yellow, change from blue to purple. Although it isn't a poison type and this color would give you that vibe, it makes sense as some spiders are poisonous. I am happy however, that we have our first spider that isn't part poison type. Aside from it being suitable for a spider, the purple doesn't really go well with the yellow and makes it all the more dull. :(

Amai

やった! 私はあまい
    Years
  • I agree, its normal colors are vibrant and nice. Its shiny colors are dull.

I have began to hatch for a Shiny Munna via the Masuda Method.

At 30 eggs. Hurray for only taking 1000 steps to hatch with Flame Body in front. ^__^

----

EDIT: OH MY GOD! I JUST HATCHED A SHINY MUNNA ON THE 36TH* EGG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG

I am so excited, you have no idea. Really. Omg. Recorded it on video. OMG FIRST SHINY IN BLACK WHITE! AND ONLY TOOK AN HOUR!

It has Forewarn (worst possible ability) and is Jolly (worst possible nature) but who cares? It's SHINY! <3 <3 <3

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back