• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
  • Was too excited to post this earlier, BUT HERE I GO NOW. :DDD

Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

RANDOM SHINY ENCOUNTER AAAAA. <33
    Definitely has a perma-place on my team now.

It was one of the very first encounters ever, right after 5 Pokeballs.
    It was maybe the 10th Pokemon I ran into. ^___^

Waaaah! only like the tenth? You are quite the lucky player ^.^ congrats, what gender is it?

And congrats on the shiny Sandile get too Kendosis. I hope I get a random shiny encounter (with pokeballs on hand XD )

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Just found a shiny ferroseed in Chargestone Cave and caught it! First shiny of the game. I'm usually unlucky with shinies and need to play through the game a couple of times until I find one so that was quite lucky.

Saved immediately afterwards.

Kunny

Caterpie's a boss
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    Hey.

Caught my first Shiny last night. Shiny Vanillite. I honestly didn't realize at first. I was just going to run and my brother was like "Catch that it's shiny!"

Lol =p

Nameless.

Waaaah! only like the tenth? You are quite the lucky player ^.^ congrats, what gender is it?
    A little female. <3
    She is now a lovely gold and silver Herdier! [Not going to evolve her any further.]

I love this little thing. >///<

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
    Years
  • Ive not played the game much yet, so havent found a wild shiny. heres hoping i will though. i realllly want a shiny Sandile, probably my fave gen 5 pokemon.

also, a question for the people here. does the Masuda method work in gen 5, or was it just a gen 4 thing? im assuming the latter, but if it does work, i shall transfer one of my japanese dittos across when i get to the point when i can :3

Years
  • I HAVE MY FIRST SHINY OF POKEMON BLACK!
    It is a shiny Liepard.
    I caught it when I was training up some of my Pokemon.

Sorry for the bad quality. Just used my phone.
    Here it is:
    Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I HAVE MY FIRST SHINY OF POKEMON BLACK!
    It is a shiny Liepard.
    I caught it when I was training up some of my Pokemon.

Sorry for the bad quality. Just used my phone.
    Here it is:
    Spoiler:

That ain't bad quality, lol. Congrats, it's soooo pretty! Should be named Sydian BUT I'm already a Snover. ;3 lol

No shinies in Black yet, but I have a shiny Scolipede and Metang in White. :D idk if I mentioned that...lol

Pkmn Trainer Touko

King N's Queen
    Years
  • OMG OMG I JUST CAUGHT MY FIRST SHINY POKEMON IN GENERATION V, THE SECOND WILD-CAUGHT SHINY I'VE EVER CAPTURED!!!!

I was just training my Pokemon on Route 3. Actually I was training my own Patrat, who is only at level 9. I was really frustrated after loosing to Lenora/Aloe sooo many times. So I resorted to training a Patrat....

All of a sudden, BAM, WILD SHINY PATRAT APPEARED and I had a heart attack. Good thing was my level 9 Patrat was first in my party. I used tackle, which knocked the shiny Patrat's HP down by half, and caught her in one greatball!

Kendosis

Gym Leader
    Years
  • OMG OMG I JUST CAUGHT MY FIRST SHINY POKEMON IN GENERATION V, THE SECOND WILD-CAUGHT SHINY I'VE EVER CAPTURED!!!!

I was just training my Pokemon on Route 3. Actually I was training my own Patrat, who is only at level 9. I was really frustrated after loosing to Lenora/Aloe sooo many times. So I resorted to training a Patrat....

All of a sudden, BAM, WILD SHINY PATRAT APPEARED and I had a heart attack. Good thing was my level 9 Patrat was first in my party. I used tackle, which knocked the shiny Patrat's HP down by half, and caught her in one greatball!

Nice, don't evolve her though, Watchog looks terrible shiny lol.

King Gumball

Years
  • So many shinies already o_o Congrats on them all everyone, especially that sexy Metang Sydian <3

Nameless: That Herdier is so adorable looking XD I want a real dog that has those colours lol.

Years
  • Imma be a regular in here, since I will start my shiny hunting on Black soon.

Congratulations to everyone who has one. We (people in IRC) were discussing the possibility/odds of seeing a shiny have been increased to be slightly more common...​

King Gumball

Years
  • Imma be a regular in here, since I will start my shiny hunting on Black soon.

Congratulations to everyone who has one. We (people in IRC) were discussing the possibility/odds of seeing a shiny have been increased to be slightly more common...​

B/W shiny thread lurkers on Serebii have said the chance has not been increased, it just seems like it because so many people are playing, thus more shinies being found. but idk to be honest.

Years

• B/W shiny thread lurkers on Serebii have said the chance has not been increased, it just seems like it because so many people are playing, thus more shinies being found. but idk to be honest.

Well, that was my thought, but I don't know.
    I don't remember that many shinies last time around for the previous games, however, were they really as hyped as much as this one? I don't think it really was.

Anyway, I ain't really complaining. Only thing is, if it has been increased, then I think the value and awe of having one will go down. :/​

Years
  • Everyone said the same thing when D/P were new, lol. The games are cracked wide open. If anything changed, all of us would know.

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
    Years
  • dont suppose anyone knows if the Masuda method works in B+W do they? ive heard on the grapevine that it does, but i cant get any solid info on it.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • I've never caught a legit shiny apart from Red Gyarados, but that's story-related so to me it doesn't count (Even though he's awesome). Hopefully this Gen I'll find one :3

HiroUey

Pokemon Master of Masters!
    Years
  • Yes, just got my first shiny on Black.
    On my way out of the Celestial Tower, i was able to catch a shiny Litwick, i used a quick ball cause i didn't want to take the chance of it fainting.
    Its a Chandelure now.

Last edited:
    Back