• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
    After getting the Black DSi edition bundle, I restarted again & chose Tepig.

Then on the first route, the first Pokemon I ran into was a Shiny Patrat!
    It was horrible trying to catch it -- I didn't want my Tepig to land a critical hit.

I caught it in the end.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Are shinies more frequent in black and white? As I said in an earlier post, I almost never see shinies, and in all my years of playing pokemon games (since before shinies came out, before the original gold and silver) I've only seen a grand total of six (no, wait, seven, just remembered that shiny rattata in silver I never caught) before black and white, not including the red gyarados.

I just caught my second shiny in white: a shiny sandile. Now I have a shiny sandile and a shiny ferroseed. And I only just got the game 9 days ago.

Does anybody know the frequency of shinies in the gen V games?

Apart from the Masuda method that was changed, finding a shiny in the wild is still the same I think. You just be really lucky this time around. XD

Years
    Not trying for anything as of yet, after my most recent shiny capture.
    I am going to train up a team, then I am going to do my lovely shiny hunting.​

Years
    I was walking through the grass near the daycare, and wasn't really looking at what I was doing. I got jumped, and was about to run, but then I looked at the screen and it was a shiny Blitzle! After I had a spaz attack, I caught it. No one would take it on
    Gts negotiations, so now he worked his way into my team and I use him all the time

Years
    Caught myself a shiny Boldore today :D none of my pokemon could attack him since they were all 55+ and the boldore was like 28 but luckly i caught him with an ultra ball without even having to attack him once :D

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Holy cow! On my way up Victory Road going to get Terrakion I found a shiny Fraxure. I was going to get an adamant Terrakion using my Synchronize Musharna but a Shiny adamant Fraxure is better!
    Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Kendosis

Gym Leader
    Years
    Holy cow! On my way up Victory Road going to get Terrakion I found a shiny Fraxure. I was going to get an adamant Terrakion using my Synchronize Musharna but a Shiny adamant Fraxure is better!

Epic find ! shiny haxorus ftw lol.

Adam.

Knowledge isn't everything.
    Years
    Currently trying to use the Matsuda method for a shiny Heatmor (it's my first time trying it!)

Just to make sure, a Japanese Ditto and Female Heatmor in Daycare follows the Matsuda Method, right?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Currently trying to use the Matsuda method for a shiny Heatmor (it's my first time trying it!)

Just to make sure, a Japanese Ditto and Female Heatmor in Daycare follows the Matsuda Method, right?
    Yep, but if you care about natures, attach an everstone? :P

I am randomly breeding different Pokemon with my Japanese Ditto... Hoping for the best. Good luck to the other shiny hunters!

Years
    You lucky people and your shiny pokemon :( I've never come across one in the wild. It seems like a lot of people are in B/W. I hope to one day.

Maybe I'll try that method...

Nugg

Le Diable Blanc
    Years
    ZOMG. I was grinding my Blastoise with Audinos in Giant Chasm when I suddenly came accross a shiny one. Luckily I looked down because i was watching tv. I caught it with a critical catch with a dusk ball too o.o call me lucky.

_Red_

Master of Dragons
    Years
    So I am trying to SR a Shiny Kyurem, and I had a question. In some videos of people i've seen doing it, the kyurem sprite that you talk to looks different and has a green face/wings. Does this mean that I don't need to battle, and I can just SR and look at the sprite?

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
    I caught a Shiny Patrat and Basculin within a 1 1/2 day span. Both times it happened on accident, so now whenever I want a shiny I never actually go searching for it. I rather now just do regular leveling and EV training since I also have better luck with finding shinies on accident, when I am not actively hunting them.

_Red_

Master of Dragons
    Years
    score! finally got my shiny Kyurem! mild nature, which is perfect for an all out special attack like i'm going for. moveset is: Ice Beam, Blizzard, Dragon Pulse, and Glaciate (which I will replace with Hyper Voice). took me 3 days and 734 SRs. worth it.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    Caught a shiny Tropius yesterday in Black and nicknamed it Emile. This is the first Tropius I caught, including in older games.

Interestingly, my only three shinies prior to yesterday (including Gyarados but excluding events) were caught the same day as a non-shiny of the same species. Three of my four shinies between my SoulSilver and Black (Tropius, Pupitar, and Beedrill) were caught at full health with no status.

DarkraiDaviz

Darkrai Master
    Years
    I am breeding a shiny zorua! its only been 296 eggs so far and still nothing. sigh i know its 1/2000 but i got my shiny voltorb after 37 haha

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    Using the Masuda Method I hatched a Shiny Darumaka with Inner Focus on the 6th egg! That means I will have a Darmamitan with Zen Mode! YAY! :D

Spoiler:

Video

Last edited:
    Back