• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official US Release Date Confirmed - 14th March 2010

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    I checked the calander, and it is yet again, on a sunday, why, just why do they always release the games on sunday in the states, and on a friday in Japan, also, why does Korea get it first and not us here in the land of the free and home of the brave, FireRed and Leaf Green were released on a Thursday in the states, and I remember that day back in 2004, but when Emerald came out, it was on a sunday, and every game after that (D/P released on sunday, 7 days after easter, Platinum released on sunday before easter (and a week before my birthday)) now it is exactly 2 weeks before my birthday, and I am not getting them 2 weeks late..........

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I checked the calander, and it is yet again, on a sunday, why, just why do they always release the games on sunday in the states, and on a friday in Japan, also, why does Korea get it first and not us here in the land of the free and home of the brave, FireRed and Leaf Green were released on a Thursday in the states, and I remember that day back in 2004, but when Emerald came out, it was on a sunday, and every game after that (D/P released on sunday, 7 days after easter, Platinum released on sunday before easter (and a week before my birthday)) now it is exactly 2 weeks before my birthday, and I am not getting them 2 weeks late..........
    Asking why each of the new Pokémon games in the US are released on a Sunday is the same as asking why each of the new released DVDs in the US are released on a Tuesday rather than any other day. Also, it isn't much of a large deal if the games are being released in Korea first over the USA. I mean if it doesn't affect you then it shouldn't be a big deal or problem for you. The point that matters however is that it's finally confirmed and it's coming. ^^

Anyway, after Amazon had changed their release date and had given a show of the official US Box Cover, then I had a pretty assuring feel that March 14th 2010 would have been the confirmed date. Anyway, glad to know it's finally "officially" confirmed by Nintendo. Now it's just to pre-order it after the holidays. =D

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    ^_^ I'm so flipping happy! Its A month after my birthday so I'll be able to get both if all goes well! I'm now dedicating myself to getting these games! But I wonder if they'll give out the Arceus figure because Gamestop gave it out with Platinum if you bought Platinum on Black Friday.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I'm happy with my Japanese copy myself but even happier that there is a for sure date for my friends to get their english copies.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    I'd totally go preorder my copy on Amazon right now...
    Except for one thing.
    I don't have any money.
    Ahh well, Even if I don't get a US copy, I still got my JP copy to keep me busy.

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
    Years
    So amazon got SOMETHING Right for once...Jk
    But I already have both Japanese versions....
    Heck ill get the english ones aswell...and 10 extra pokewalkers

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    This is awesome. My brother is going to be so happy for his birthday...
    Oh well. Time to wait.
    *twiddles thumbs*

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Glad to see a release date announced, too bad we have to wait until March though.
    Think of it this way, at least the wait wouldn't be as long as it would have been when Platinum was released back in March 22nd 2009 considering Japanese's release date was only a day earlier than that of Platinum's before. I don't have much of a problem with waiting though as I'm sure the time will come faster than really thought of, but it's just exciting enough to know that it's finally coming and when. ^^

As for the Europe's release date, it has been said to come during Spring of 2010 as well. Meaning, even if their game is to come last, the latest it would arrive would be in at least late May. Which isn't relatively a late date to say, and if those who wish to import may have the chance to do so and still get the ability to play through the Game Corner if desired.

Years
    That's great! I didn't really think it would be that early. Hell, I didn't think about it at all. I think he only reason I think it's good is because it close and I haven't been following it since it was announced, so there's no anxiousness for me.

Years
    does anyone here have know any reasons why there could possibly a shortage when it is released (in america at least)? You know, like what happened with pearl/diamond?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    They may only ship in/make so many units, and demand may exceed supply is all. Although they should probably anticipate a large number of sales, surely.

Best way to combat that? Get a pre-order, I guess.

Back