• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Oh! A bite..........It got away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2003
    Whenever I fish this I either get "Not even a nibble" or "Oh! a bite! ... It got away!" with any rod at any place. Why is this? :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Don't worry, I had the same problem too! ^_^
    They've made fishing a lot more complicated on R/S than on the older games. To usually catch a Pok?mon with the fishing rod, you'll have to press the A button as soon as it says 'Oh! A bite!'. You may have to wait awhile, since it gets repetitive, but soon you'll get the hang of it! I hope I helped!

Last edited:

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    As soon as it says "Oh, a bite!" press A. You often have to do this several times, but eventually it'll say "A Pok?mon's on the hook!" and you can battle it. It takes some getting used to. ^_^;

Shelz4U

Banned
    Years
    I had problems with this too until July when kairi told me how to do this!

Here is what you do:

-use a rod
    -Wait for it to say "It`s a Bite"
    -Tap the A Button until you get it!

Hope I helped!:)

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Oh wait, you are supposed to release A! o_O I've been playing Gamecube too much, lol. Sorry, I'll edit that...

Last edited:

Q Man

Erm...
    Years
    Here's the method I use
    when you fish, look closely, when "Oh! A bite!" flashes in your text box (it will always be under the line of dots) press A once. the text box will clear, and another line of dots will start to form. After a while (its a different amount of dots each time, you just have to pay attention) "Oh! A bite!" Will flash again under the line of dots. Once again, press A once. The process will keep repeating until it tells you that there is a Pok?mon on the hook.
    Note: If you press A before "Oh! A bite!" appears under the line of dots, you will lose your catch ("It got away...")

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 4, 2003
    where you get super rod? does anybody know howto beat the pokemon leage?

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    It's in Mossdeep, go into a building and talk to a fisher. He'll give it to you.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Willis_chong, do not revive threads over a month old. It's against the rules here. Take a look at the date the last post was posted at before you reply to something in the future, okay?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back