• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

oh hai

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    Sup guys. New here. Very nice site, hope to converse with all of you about the pokeemAns.

ganesha

The Graphical Master
    Years
    Hello Dude and welcome to the forums! Enjoy here with everyone and keep rules in mind and if you have doubts ask staff or post the question in Help Desk.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Hi Puff! Welcome to PC. :)

Would you mind telling us more about you? Nothing wrong with a short intro and you don't have to, but I'm just wondering. Is there anything in particular about Pokemon that you like? I really like the games most myself and I watch the anime too. I'm starting to get into the Adventures manga and some of the other Pokemon manga. You've definitely came to the right place to discuss about Pokemon though, no matter what you like about it. You can talk about every game. Or you can just trade and battle. We're also the biggest ROM hacking community so there's tons of people working on and discussing hacks.And if you like the anime, you can discuss the characters , episodes, and just the show as a whole. Are you looking forward to Pokemon X and Y in October? I know I am cause looking at all the revealed info so far, they look very promising! I'm sure the people who visit the X and Y section frequently will love your company so drop by there if you want to discuss the games.

If you ever want to talk about Pokemon , you can Visitor's Message me. We're really nice here so there's alot of us here who wouldn't mind talking to you. :) We can talk about things that aren't Pokemon too of course! This is more than just a forum on Pokemon. We have many off-topic boards here too. If you want to talks about anime, movies and other entertainment there's General Entertainment for that. Or other video games besides Pokemon, there's a section for that too. Or if you need a place to come after a long day, you can play a forum games. Just suggestions, but feel free too look around the forum a bit. And if you need anything, you can always contact a moderator and they can help you with your questions or concerns.

I hope to see you often and that the you have the time of a lifetime here!

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    Haha, sure thing.

Well, my name is Chris. I am currently a Medical Student at Ottawa University (I am Canadian). I grew up with pokemon and recently (as in two months ago) I felt like reliving my childhood and picked up a 3DSxl and pokemon heart gold. Needless to say, I quickly realized that pokemon is A LOT more technical than how I was playing it as a kid (EVs, sp.attcks, IV's &c.).

I recently got a shiny dragonite (bought 5 dratinis from the goldenrod city coin place and kept soft resetting till I saw a pink one). I thought it looked like Puff the magic dragon so thats how I came up with my username (also being in medicine I thought it was appropriate :)!).

Other than that, I am not big in anime or at least haven't found the passion for it yet but I do like Pokemon and I am patiently waiting to pick up the pokemon X version in October!

- PTMD.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    You will indeed. :D There's a lot of us...and I mean A LOT that love to talk about Pokemon as much as we do. And we have the sections that cover all that. So everytime you come here, you'll have your daily fix of your Pokemon awesomeness. :) I guarantee it!

Welcome, btw! Pleasure to meet you and glad you decided to join us! Are you excited for Pokemon XY? It's a new game coming out in two months, and a lot of new information is coming out like hot bread. So, check our awesome section exclusive to XY if you want...or you can check out the rest of the sections out there pertaining to every generation of gaming, we even have Generations 1-3. :D

You can always drop me a VM or a PM if you wanna talk Pokemon or...talk about anything and be friends! You can also drop a message to any staff members in bold, as they are always around to help (anyone in blue, orange and red). I'm sure you'll have fun! See ya!

Heya Chris! Weeelcome welcome to PokeCommunity! :)

Oh man, you got really lucky to get a shiny Dratini, I'm sure a lot of people would kill for those! Did it take a long time? I tried to soft reset for a shiny starter but gave up really quickly.. my patience draws thin really quickly, ugh. Getting a 3DS XL is a totally worthwhile investment too; I used to not want one at all but getting it for Christmas was the best decision ever! X and Y are looking so fabulous and we're all very excited about that, so be sure to stop by the Pokemon X & Pokemon Y board to chat about 'em. There's supposed to be more new news this month so that's so very exciting. :D; I'm still excited for the starter evolutions though I.. have a feeling we won't see those for a while, but here's hoping I'm proven wrong, haha. Check out the board and discuss your favorite aspects of the game so far as well as anything new that's been released! I'm getting X myself while my boyfriend's getting Y. Going to be so, so fun.

But you are right that Pokemon's a lot more complex nowadays. No longer is it about destroying your opponent's entire team with Earthquake since IVs, EVs, natures, and other things play a huge role. That's why competitive battling is so fun. It's a great time to get back into the series so I definitely recommend catching up with all the games you've missed until October rolls around. When did you stop playing? You sure have a lot to catch up on as there are many great Pokemon games out nowadays, like Black/White, HeartGold/SoulSilver, and Platinum.

Hope you have a great stay here, Chris! Like Megan says you're free to message anyone if you'd like to chat or if you need some help. We would love to help out and are always around for some good discussions. <3; I'm always here to talk about X and Y if you're looking for someone to get your inner fan out to, so there's that. Cheers and have an amazing time on PokeCommunity.. you're in for a great time!

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    Picked up Heartgold and Diamond, haven't played Diamond yet!

And haha, it took me about 5 hours (not including getting the 10,000 coins), shiny charmander took me about 17 hours lmao. But green dragonite and black charizard..worth it!

Back