• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh my god

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Pokemon is pretty much exactly the same as it always was. And it was always terrible. I still enjoy watching it sometimes because of all the cute Pokemon, but I'm not ashamed to admit that it is and always has been one of the worst cartoons on television.

The stories have always been terrible. The characters have always been one-dimensional and boring. The animation has always been laughable - you'd think that one of the world's most popular animes would have enough budget for some good animation, but no.

Pokemon isn't one of those shows that started off good and then fell from grace. Pokemon started out bad, and is still bad.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just because the show is aimed at kids doesn't mean it needs to be garbage. The first 8 seasons were for kids too, but the still were decent - acceptable.
    I'm confused.
    What's different from now and then?

Pokemon has had the basic:

Meet New Character.
    Blah blah blah.
    Team Rocket Interfere AHHHHHHHHHH
    WE'RE BLASTING OFF AGAIN ;w;
    Bye character, you've changed me for the better ;-; I hope we meet again bb

The only difference between now and then is the female protagonist and a new area. lol.

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Cool story bro.
    Oh, really? Thanks, i appreciate this.

That's not what I was pointing out at all though. It's the fact that they're wasting their time whining about some kid's show (Oh look, I'm a hypocrite) when they could just not watch it.
    I'm one of people, who doesn't watch it longer, but I just can't understand people, who think that the show is better now (not including young kids who obviously didn't have chance to watch older episodes).

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    You might as well have called this thread "Bring misty back" :\
    I like the new pokemon episodes, they're great =P

Pokemon is pretty much exactly the same as it always was. And it was always terrible. I still enjoy watching it sometimes because of all the cute Pokemon, but I'm not ashamed to admit that it is and always has been one of the worst cartoons on television.

The stories have always been terrible. The characters have always been one-dimensional and boring. The animation has always been laughable - you'd think that one of the world's most popular animes would have enough budget for some good animation, but no.

Pokemon isn't one of those shows that started off good and then fell from grace. Pokemon started out bad, and is still bad.
    I dont belive you have watch the new pokemon episodes at all :\ They started using 3D effects from battle frontier with attacks plus did you see the episode with dialga and palkia? Amazing 3D affects!!!! Also in alot of movies =P

Last edited:
    You might as well have called this thread "Bring misty back" :\
    I like the new pokemon episodes, they're great =P

I dont belive you have watch the new pokemon episodes at all :\ They started using 3D effects from battle frontier with attacks plus did you see the episode with dialga and palkia? Amazing 3D affects!!!! Also in alot of movies =P

How is this in anyway about Misty?

Also you're an Avatard aren't you? -.-

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021

Because these sorts of threads that just say "I hate the Pokemon anime nowadays" and nothing else inevitably end up with crying about Misty and 4Kids not dubbing anymore. That, or its some random stuff about the people being too friendly, or Ash only ever helping out Pokemon and doing nothing else. Because, obviously, back in season 1 Ash aimed to rule with Pokemon world with his tyranny and laughed in the face of helpless Pokemon. Whole different programme now. Yup.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Because these sorts of threads that just say "I hate the Pokemon anime nowadays" and nothing else inevitably end up with crying about Misty and 4Kids not dubbing anymore. That, or its some random stuff about the people being too friendly, or Ash only ever helping out Pokemon and doing nothing else. Because, obviously, back in season 1 Ash aimed to rule with Pokemon world with his tyranny and laughed in the face of helpless Pokemon. Whole different programme now. Yup.

The nostaliga-JOHTO FOREVER segment of the Pokemon fandom might be the only fandom in any anime fandom that actually WANTS 4kids to dub the anime.

Of course dub edits have, at best, a minor quality impact on the anime as a whole. They still don't have control over the script and plot.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Semidos said:
    I'm one of people, who doesn't watch it longer, but I just can't understand people, who think that the show is better now (not including young kids who obviously didn't have chance to watch older episodes).

That's good for you. I feel you're trying to start a conflict with me when all I said was people that don't like the show should stop watching until they think it gets better.

Years
  • I'm one of people, who doesn't watch it longer, but I just can't understand people, who think that the show is better now (not including young kids who obviously didn't have chance to watch older episodes).

What's there not to understand? I think the anime is much better than ever and the original episodes are better now than the first time I watched them.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    What's different from now and then?
    Novelty. It being the same thing as it always was is what makes it seem more boring to people who remember it when they were a child. It's not getting worse, but neither is it getting any better, the latter therein the problem. It's run too long by now for its own good anyway though; at least Dragonball actually ended, it'd be nice if Pokemon would.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Novelty. It being the same thing as it always was is what makes it seem more boring to people who remember it when they were a child. It's not getting worse, but neither is it getting any better, the latter therein the problem. It's run too long by now for its own good anyway though; at least Dragonball actually ended, it'd be nice if Pokemon would.

Except the Pokemon anime isn't for us any more. Unlike Dragonball, it's not a series which the audience is expected to follow from start to finish. The Pokemon anime is aimed at kids, to whom it would seem new and exciting.

There's absolutely no reason to end the series just because some geeky teens are feeling bored of it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2011
    I thought Dragonballz was still going, when did that end? Is Digimon still going? I haven't heard anything of that for years.

Digimon had a season a few years ago.. A little more mature, something about a guy with the last name of Damon who wanted to be the best street fighter. Or something like that.

While I was watching all the episodes of Digimon on YouTube, I saw some comments about a possible new season. Though, I did search the rumored name, and the only thing I could find was a Digimon Manga..

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016

Also you're an Avatard aren't you? -.-
    Well, crying about how to old days, kanto, misty, I hate dawn... its all in this thread :\
    And whats calling me an avatard got to do with this thread? What the hell is an avatard anyway? The movie avatar? the 3D one? I havent even watched it yet...

Keep your unkind words to yourself and stay on-topic :\

Last edited:
    Years
  • Except the Pokemon anime isn't for us any more. Unlike Dragonball, it's not a series which the audience is expected to follow from start to finish. The Pokemon anime is aimed at kids, to whom it would seem new and exciting.

There's absolutely no reason to end the series just because some geeky teens are feeling bored of it.

Well I don't really care if it isn't for us anymore. I've been following it from the start and will continue to do so until the end.

Bulbasaur15

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    I have learned to ignore the "Friendship" idea in pokemon.try not to forget lil kids watch it too and i guess the anime is trying to give them values.i still watch it because when i started on season 1 i was hooked

Back