• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh Noes, Teh Gym Leader Used a Full Restore!!!

ji

derp.
    Years
    GRAAAHHH I HATE IT.
    I especially hate it in the E4.
    Damn those Elite trainers with their l33t full restores...

RelentlessRamenRaider

Chansey Lucky Egg Hunter
    Years
    Something similar to this is when Trainers get their pokemon to use rest, repeatatively, after you keep hitting them with a move that leaves them in the critical.

For example, Byrons Bastiodon. When I battle him, I hit him with flamethrower and it brings him down to the red. This goes on for 8-10 turns and then I just use an X-special or something to eliminate him.

I always think, "C'mon, just let your Poke' lose already!!!!!"

Ryu-kun

Dreeeaaaams...
    Years
    OMG, I was playing Emerald today, and the battery was reeaaally low.
    I was at Wallace's last Pokémon... Can't remember which =D, and Wallace kept using Full restores.
    I was using Rayquaza btw... (Desperate =D)

Miria

A wild Miria appeared!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    I don't mind it either. ^^ Usually.. they're quite easy to beat anyways.. And they never use items when they need to be used! :P

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Yeah... Their game AI may be high, but no pre-Battle Frontier NPC with ~5 Healing items can beat a hardcore gamer with hundreds of them... Or we're all doomed.

So as I (and plenty of others after me) already said, I think we can allow them to use one or two, when we can use more... Atleast as long as they don't carry around those darn Max Revives XD

Years
    Although it can be annoying, I think this improves gameplay because just as you think you have the battle won, the trainer/leader w/e uses a full restore, and it totally turns the battle around. Now it's you on the back foot.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    It's apart of the pokemon world I guess. I have gotten used to it, but when Im fighting the E4, that's when I start to loose it lol.

Lucariotoes

Ah-woo.
    Years
    While I must admit it's annoying, it adds a little more realism since you, the player, can already have an unfair advantage and use healing items on your 'mons.

...just glad they don't use Revives, though.

Shakespeare

Today We Play It My Way!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2011
    It's not exactly THAT annoying, It's all a part of Pokemon. I mean, you use healing items too - why shouldn't gym leaders/elite 4?

Exactly.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    yeah, it's annoying, but funny. After all, we can do it, so why shouldn't they be able to as well?
    Funny post by the way :D

Back