• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh Noes, Teh Gym Leader Used a Full Restore!!!

Years
    Has this ever happened to you?

Monferno used Flame Wheel!

Critical hit!

Me: YESSSSS!!!! Only one more hit till that Skuntank dies!!!

Jupiter used a Super Potion!

Me....FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Does it bother you when Gym Leaders or other people use potions? Like this other time:

Me: Cynthia's Garchomp is going down! One more Ice Fang Gyara, come on...

Cynthia used a Full Restore! Garchomp is no longer Paralyzed!

Me....FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

See what I mean? Put in your story, okay?

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    It's completely normal, happens all the time, wouldn't you do the same if you were them? XD

They do it all the friggen time at the E4 for example... I think it's annoying as hell, but I've learned to use a strong attack even if their health is low, just in case...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    *cough* general gameing *cough*
    This always happens, usually when i get a trainers pokemon to red or orange :\

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    Yeah...i remember wattson's magneton..
    my swellow kept wing attacking it for 6-7 turns(idk y it didn't use shock wave and don't ask wat happened to my grovyle...selfdestruct )...anyways...it was left to about 4-5 hp

ME - YES !! finally ...comeon swellow..just one more..

leader wattson used full restore !!

ME - *bangingmyhead* WHATTTTTTT !!!!!!!

Last edited:

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    It annoys me when I'm at the Elite 4 =[
    I mean, I don't care about the gym leaders, I always have Pokémon that are more higher levelled than theirs.
    It's just the Elite 4 have higher level Pokémon in the end and have a variety of Pokémon, and I always end up not having the right Pokémon therefore they always use full restore.
    MAYBE I SHOULD GET SOME FULL RESTORE! YEAH THAT SHOULD SHOW THEM
    I swear the Elite 4 have more than 1 or 2 >.>

BenEary

Little Rabbit
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    I started Sapphire recently and it surprised me when the gym leaders used more than one potion for each Pokemon. I would whittle down Machop's health slowly, to be met with "Brawly used a Super Potion". I got its health down again, only to see another super potion!

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    IF they carried Max Revives, i don't think i could play pokemon hahhaha

Inpu

Rocket Lieutenant
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2010
    I've learned to anticipate when they're going to use a Full Restore and I either use one of my own, or I use a different attack, like Pain Split =)

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    I had heaps of trouble with Cynthia in Platinum for this very reason. So glad there's no potions in the Battle Frontier.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Yeah, it's usually kinda easy to predict, too... It's a pain when fighting the early Gym Leaders, you have no awesome attacks yet, and it takes several turns to take them down... then you only have to tire them out and make them use up 'em all! :D

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
    what i do its get to the point some where in the middle of the yellow where they wont use potions then hit with my strongest ATK

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    It is an annoyance, but for the record, Embargo exists for the sole reason of eliminating this annoyance. Throw it on something and watch your opponent cry as they're unable to heal.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Sure, but... I don't really care about those kinds of moves (and that makes me a noob when it comes to pro battling)... Maybe I'll send in some Sinnoh Legend or something with Heal Block next time...

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    It is very annoying! But one time, I though, f*** it, I'm gonna use a full restore on you, noob! Now you know what it's like! xD

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    Yeah, but they are so predictable when it comes to them using their full restore.
    I'll often know when they are going to use it and use that time to heal one of my own Pokemon.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
    As much as I hate it, it wouldn't be fun without it then you would just like sweep every gym, adds more of a challenge.

Back