• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh sweet! The Toothfairy left me $2

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Monsters, Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy and some cartoon characters >_<.
    I'm retarded back then.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
    So, what other malicious lies things were you told at a young age?

Well my parents told me about santa and the tooth fairy but my imaginations is so big, i created all these other weird things and convinced my sister that they were real when she was younger as well lol

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    The Santa/Easter Bunny/Tooth Fairy ones for me. I don't really remember any others though since my parents almost always just told me the truth and did their best to explain things when I had questions. For swearing, I was told what the words meant if I overheard them and told it was inappropriate to say them. For "where do babies come from?", my parents bought me a now-hilarious picture book that explains the process of sex. Pretty much any of the idioms that children are told were only relayed to me through media and whatnot. (Like I'm pretty sure I only know things like "if you keep making that weird face, it'll stay that way!" from Calvin & Hobbes.)

Only found out about Santa being not real because he had the same handwriting as my dad and my friends and I all brought in wrapping paper after Christmas one year and Santa used different wrapping paper for all of us. :(

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    The trifecta of lies known as Santa/Easter Bunny/Tooth Fairy were trotted out by my parents, but I think I figured all of them out relatively quickly. 'Square eyes' on the other hand did scar me for a bit: every time I'd sit really close to the television, one of my parents said my eyes would just change shape... don't think I stopped believing that one until I was at least 10 or 11, which is kinda embarrassing when you think about it!

YouMadBro?

Cool Story Bro.
    Years
    I was told by my mother if I ever hit her/stuck my tongue out towards her, my hand/tongue would shrivel up and fall off! xD I believed it too.

When I was three, I dropped a raisin behind my bed, and my mom told me if I did it again, a swarm of ants will eat me in my sleep. Oh the nightmares I had after! :P

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    All I remember my parents telling me about was the Santa Clause one. I can't seem to remember any other ones.

Years
    Back when I was a kid, it was Santa, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny. Funny thing is, I don't really remember being told that the latter two didn't exist. For the former, I stumbled on labels in my parents room that said "From Santa" and I was all like "whatever." Maybe I assumed that everything was false after that. XD;

Even weirder was for awhile I believed that Santa might've actually existed, just that he didn't deliver presents. Don't ask me why. I was a strange kid.

LittleHope

Your Once Upon A Time.
    Years
    My sister told me that the tooth fairy will try to kill me if I left a tooth there. I wanted to see if it was real, so I placed a tooth under my pillow and pretended to sleep. My sister left the bed around midnight, and returned to the bedroom while acting like 'The Grudge'. I was 4 back then, so I never trusted the tooth fairy. :"<

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    When I was 7, I started to get freaked out by the thought of a tooth-collecting old lady stealing my baby teeth, so when I lost a tooth one day, that night I rigged my door with ice water. I awoke at 3 AM by the sound of my dad cursing. I realized then that they had lied about Santa and the Tooth Fairy, but I wasn't sad, as my month-long grounding for the water thing made me sad about the fact that I couldn't hang out with friends, watch TV, or play video games. So yeah, I learned by force there.

Back