• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Okami's Grand Showing~

Like what you see?

• ~Nice~

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Could be better...

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
    Hey guys. You may or may not know this, but I make avatars, signatures, along with other things. Music, Vidoes, Art, Babies... But I saw this section to show what I got. I have made a few things for some peeps, but I'll let you be the judge, enjoy.

My Best Signature:
    ~Okami's Grand Showing~

Signatures for Shadow-Lucario:
    ~Okami's Grand Showing~

~Okami's Grand Showing~

One I made for Daeva Okami-Luca:
    ~Okami's Grand Showing~

Some art I made of myself:
    ~Okami's Grand Showing~

Other signatures of me:
    ~Okami's Grand Showing~

~Okami's Grand Showing~

More soon...Have more but don't want to get banned or anything.

Daeva Okami-Luca

∞Protector∞
    Years
    Hey guys. You may or may not know this, but I make avatars, signatures, along with other things. Music, Vidoes, Art, Babies...

You make babies too? ;D I'll have to rate the babies you make then. Can I eat one?

At any rate, continue the good work, I bet people will request you soon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    kay going one by one!

1. The Lucario animation is interesting, but... really, the colour, it's just blinding. And the text doesn't match it at all. I'd say go for a darker background, but... I dunno, the background should've stayed transparent. And the text is just... not necessary.

2. The quality for the second one is terrible, is it just jpeg images placed together than animated? o_o; Again, text is kinda bad. It looks too dark, and blends in too much with the image, losing the effect, so it'd look much better if it was small white text placed in the corner or something, although the quality, and even timing of the frames just ruins it.

3. I like this, it's a lot different to your others, however the text just ruins it, just place the text in a small, fitting location (generally over no image), not over the images.. it's just... no.

4. Quality... doesn't look too good. Maybe sharp-- hmm, yeah not sure about this, but I don't like the text either.

5. oh God, jpeg-quality ;; -- actually, I noticed most of your images are jpeg, that's really bad. Start saving them in png, it'll make them look better. But yeah, text colour = no. And... the other images pasted on without trying to blend them, it.... it hurts. D:

6. I don't like the.. double text thing, or whatever you've got going on, it's kinda blinding. Also the stars are kinda... yeah

7. Recolouring pkmn isn't... good, and the background is kinda bland, maybe add in cd4's or something. And, text = no no. :(

But yeah, maybe you should try some tutorials, though as a beginner, these are fine... but, if you want to get better, then try some tuts, and change how you do your text, please. XD;

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
    It's called a style. Just because I make things based on my taste doesn't mean it's crap, but to each his own.

-Okami

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I didn't say they were crap. I was merely stating how they could improve.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Don't post a gallery if you don't want any criticism alright?
    People are going to tell you what they think and how you could improve, so don't just shrug them off by saying it's 'your style', they're just trying to help.

As for the tags, really no effects going into them, it just seems like it's that same font and some brushes, yeah I'm being blunt about it.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Here's a little hint about graphics, when you make graphics, they are suppose to appeal to yourself and to other people.

People make art from their emotions and what not, and from their own style, yet if it doesn't appeal to anyone else, it does not sell. Yes people have certain style, but are you here to show what you can do in graphics, or are you here to show off what you can do and whether or not you need improvement. Your peers and strangers, they have different opinions. Obviously your friends will love the work you do, but since you are posting your work in this area, other people will be here to judge your work as well, and not everyone will have the same taste as your friends.

It's good that you like your own style, but to people who are more advanced and experienced than you, will give our own critic, not because we think your work is "crap", but as a way of improving yourself.

But if you don't like it, it's just a mere matter of not posting. We offer help, and if you refuse to take it, then well, that's your loss.

And for your graphics, most of the banners have low quality, which obviously doesn't make your banner look very good. The colours are distorted, the text is creatively a pain to read. If you want people to wow at your work, then you should take our advice and listen to what we have to say. There are lots of tutorials you can use as a guide, and in which would help you improve. It takes more to making graphics then just putting text and a bit of effects.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    As Dukey said, if you don't want critique, then don't post.

Now, I'll just start with something I see in common with nearly all of your work there, you should be focusing on animation too much, mainly because it makes the quality much much worse, so keep away from the animation.

The first one, I wouldn't say it's your best, it's just all animation, not much graphics gone into it at all, and the text isn't really fitting.

The second one, has bad quality and has the same problem with the text in it. It's just more animation, you shouldn't have a signature that is just animated, the bad quality just makes it boring to look at.

The third one. Now that's more of a signature, it could use some work but it's definitely the best out of all of them there, since the colours are fitting. I would put a border on it though, borders make it look neat to me. One major problem that kind of ruins it is the text, I think you should stay away from using text until you know how to use it properly. For a beginner, the banner isn't bad.

The fourth one, is a nice enough size, but is just not nice to look at, for me anyway, because Lucario is supposed to be blue, but you've changed the colours completely there, the constant orangey brown colour is very nice, and once again, the text should be left out for now. It's good that it has a border though, but I would recommend you use a 1 pixel border.

And... I won't comment on the rest of them since they all have the same problems really. You should just keep practicing and don't use animation. Also, don't use text for now.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    They're all really good I like the grey lucario one that's pretty good

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
    Thanks all...

Here is some other stuff, not as good, but this is where I started...

Animated avatars By Me
    ~Okami's Grand Showing~

~Okami's Grand Showing~

~Okami's Grand Showing~

~Okami's Grand Showing~

~Okami's Grand Showing~

Video Game Art and Album Art For Techno Music

~Okami's Grand Showing~

~Okami's Grand Showing~

~Okami's Grand Showing~

~Okami's Grand Showing~

~Okami's Grand Showing~

Land Whales? I Found One:
    ~Okami's Grand Showing~

More Signatures? Yes.
    ~Okami's Grand Showing~

~Okami's Grand Showing~

That's all for now.

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
    Okay took the advice.

Well I took the advice and pumped up my quality a bit more. Re-did some of my work and such, enjoy.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I love the fourth one, but at the same time, it could do with more going on around the outside of the pic. The pic 'Gaychomp' uses some really good effects in it, but it should have had a focus point. There was nothing really to it, but some 3Dish effects. The rest are good for a beginner, but some tutorials wouldn't do you any harm. That's all really.
    What Programme do you use as well?

Back