• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Old] HG/SS Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Level 29 Quilava
    Level 31 Pichu
    Level 10 Wooper
    Level 7 Onyx(the ingame trade one)
    Level 4 Sentret
    Level 2 Togepi

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    Your quilava and pichu should be able to destroy him in 1-2hits o.O, when I did it on my first run, My starter was like lvl 30, and my Flaffy was 30, and he was just demolished o.O, Maybe just level your Pichu/quilava a few levels, and you should be good, easier then raising a whole new poke.

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Alright, I think Im gonna start pokewalking my other ones up to level 30 after I beat this gym

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    I know, I am raising them to get to the level before the move/evolution I want(for togepi, mostly for happiness) then I take them out and evolve/get the move then they go back in

Dr Glocktor

The Ashbringer
    Years
    Against Morty, use Hoothoot/Noctowl. Its like his perfect antithesis, its immune to shadow ball and can't be put to sleep, and its very easy to find and riase. I used it at lv 22, when it learns confusion, it it simply dominated morty.

Also, thanks for the help earlier. Dragon dance + ice fang destroys lance.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    Do the people give out evolutionary stones faster? Because on my last crystal run, I had to wait all the way until I was at Red and my Growlithe was at level 50 before the guy gave me it.

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Thanks for the advice on using togepi, was able to burn the gengar with my quilava, then, with a level 6 togepi, I killed the gengar, and both haunters, so thank you!

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    So, you know that guy that takes pictures of you and your pokemon? The one that's in Goldenrod Underground? He's supposed to be in other places too (like he's supposed to be in Cherrygrove today), but I can't find him. Do I need to do anything special before I can see him? Like beat a certain gym or something?

I want to take pictures of my journey but I can't. :<

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    If you're in the US, then you can get the Pikachu-Colored Pichu over Wi-Fi with your DPPt game, and then trade it over to do the Spiky-Eared Pichu event in HGSS.
    This event ends on 25th March.
    i'm in canada, so can i still get the pikachu-colored pichu over wi-fi? and if i can, do i have to be near a gamestop in order to get the event?

thanks, much appreciated :D

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
    If you are before the first trip to Goldenrod you are going to have wait. Apparently (this is according to the Game Guide I am sti in Azelea) he only appears after Goldenrod.

Last edited:

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    Could someone suggest some good natures for these Pokemon: Cyndaquil, Pidgey, Bellsprout, Chinchou, Aipom, and Spinarak.

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Yes, then you put it first in your party with a party slot open, then you walk to the forest shrine, and it will pop out

Years
    Ok, I'm not sure where I should put this so I'm gonna ask here ! Ok, So I made it to Mahogany town. I beat team rocket and beat the gym leader and I'm trying to get to Blackthorn City But on the right side of the Mahogany town to get to Blackthorn City. There a guy there that stop me from moving on, pushes me back and says "I don't want to upset you after buying one from me, but... Etc Then he goes on about johto having many places to visit like the lighthouse and the pharmacy and tells me to enjoy the sightseeing" I have no Idea what to do next. I know I fail but I went to both of places and went back to talk to him but he says the same thing ! Can someone help me ?

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
    Years
    Ok, I'm not sure where I should put this so I'm gonna ask here ! Ok, So I made it to Mahogany town. I beat team rocket and beat the gym leader and I'm trying to get to Blackthorn City But on the right side of the Mahogany town to get to Blackthorn City. There a guy there that stop me from moving on, pushes me back and says "I don't want to upset you after buying one from me, but... Etc Then he goes on about johto having many places to visit like the lighthouse and the pharmacy and tells me to enjoy the sightseeing" I have no Idea what to do next. I know I fail but I went to both of places and went back to talk to him but he says the same thing ! Can someone help me ?

Head over to Goldenrod. The Radio tower is being taken over.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Could someone suggest some good natures for these Pokemon: Cyndaquil, Pidgey, Bellsprout, Chinchou, Aipom, and Spinarak.

Cyndaquil is Timid.

For the rest:

https://www.smogon.com

and jrdell, it's been years since I've played, but is that after the Lake of Rage and the Radio Tower? I think that's around the time you need to defeat Team Rocket in Goldenrod...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back