• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Old] HG/SS Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Dudes, I'm having problems.

I beat Claire and received the 8th badge, I got a call from Elm to go see him in the lab (well thats what I assumed since I cannot understand japanese) and he gave me a masterball. Now I tried to surf right near my house and then the girl with a azurill doesnt allow me to surf or get near the water. I dont know what she wants from me,

Also, I went to the tin tower and got to the top but Ho-oh wasnt there I waited for a good 2 minutes for it, then i decided to leave.

Thanks for reading :)

Edit: Nevermind the Ho-oh, I am battling the Kimono girls, yess, im going to steal all their pokemons :)

I still need help with the 1st problem please, ty.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Yeah, after you fight the Kimono Girls, go back to the Tin Tower and go up it. I think that's how it is, but I'm playing SS. I had to go to the Whirl Islands, so I assume HG player would go to the Tin Tower...much easier than Whirl Islands. No surfing, Flash, or getting lost for you guys.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2010
    On the Eevee note. I've got my Eevee up to level 14 right now, but I've stopped training because I want it to evolve into Umbreon and learn Pursuit at level 15 to help with an upcoming gym battle.

Are there ways to increase your pokemon's happiness without leveling it up? I heard somewhere that 256 steps = 1 happiness point, and then something about EV berries - although I don't know where to find EV berries three badges into the game. xD

Any advice?

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Using any vitamins you have (Iron, HP Up, etc.) for +2 and healing items (+1) instead of using the Pokemon Center.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years

I beat Claire and received the 8th badge, I got a call from Elm to go see him in the lab (well thats what I assumed since I cannot understand japanese) and he gave me a masterball. Now I tried to surf right near my house and then the girl with a azurill doesnt allow me to surf or get near the water. I dont know what she wants from me,

Also, I went to the tin tower and got to the top but Ho-oh wasnt there I waited for a good 2 minutes for it, then i decided to leave.

Edit: Nevermind the Ho-oh, I am battling the Kimono girls, yess, im going to steal all their pokemons :)

You need to defeat the Kimono girls and catch Ho-Oh. Then beat the elite four before going to Kanto.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    I have the Moomoo Milk and went to the lighthouse. I talked to the Olivine Gym Leader, but she isn't taking the Moomoo Milk. I tried talking to her Amphy, too, but nothing happened. What do I need to do?

Last edited:

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
    Years

She'll let you surf after you get Ho-Oh.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    How is the Safari Zone unlocked? Bulbapedia says that the owner will call you (I assume he's the man you meet before entering Olivine City the first time), but I still can't go and I've already beaten the E4 and gone to Kanto. Taking a while, much?

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    How is the Safari Zone unlocked? Bulbapedia says that the owner will call you (I assume he's the man you meet before entering Olivine City the first time), but I still can't go and I've already beaten the E4 and gone to Kanto. Taking a while, much?

You have to show him a Geodude. As soon you have done that, he will call you the next day.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Where do I find him? He's just got a gentleman sprite, so it's not like he stands out among the crowd. And why Geodude of all things? That makes perfect sense. Geodude.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2009
    hey guys something weird is wrong with my game. After I beat Lance and the credits came on and etc, it seems that my saved file doesn't exist. IDK what's going on! and i'm using desmume. Desmume has those areas where you can save but for some odd reason I can't save properly in the real game. Help me?

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    He requires a Safari Zone Geodude to unlock entrance to the Safari Zone? I highly doubt that.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    He requires a Safari Zone Geodude to unlock entrance to the Safari Zone? I highly doubt that.
    He requires a Safari Geodude to unlock the area customization. And if he doesn't call you the next day, just be patient, he will eventually.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back