• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Old Kanto/Johto Jouney Jounal - post your recent happenings here

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Me like the team in your sig, t0ky0.mon.

I chose Chikorita as my starter in Crystal, because I didn't want to go the easy way with the other two. Now I've played for some hours and beaten Bugsy. Butterfree seems to be the strongest on my team, but that Pokémon gets a little boring to play with later on, doesn't it? I've also decided to train an Onix. Never done that before.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I'm at Mt. Silver, trying to get all my pokes to level sixty to take on Red. I've got Marowak, Slowbro, Arcanine, and Dragonite ready. Still waiting on Meganium and Snorlax.

jam

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    i restarted red (after finding it, lol)
    having trouble finding fly... which is annoying. also i cant find my old link cables
    about to surf to the islands.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    My team on crystal has just beat red for the first time, yayzerz!
    Marowak (Lv. 60) fainted pikachu (one hit) and snorlax (two hits) with trusty ol' earthquake.
    Slowbro (Lv. 60) I sadly never needed to use this guy in the battle.
    Meganium (Lv. 60) stalled out blastoise with toxic and light screen.
    Snorlax (Lv. 58) barely survived two psychics from espeon and fainted it by using shadow ball twice.
    Arcanine (Lv. 60) easily fainted venusaur with two flamethrowers before it could even fire off solarbeam.
    Dragonite (Lv. 60) fainted charizard with two thunderbolts, winning me the match.

Now I'm making a new team of Jumpluff, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Misdreavus, and Skarmory. Oh, and also Lanturn. Like they say, "Real men use Lanturn".

Data Base errors are ever so annoying... T_T

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I got a new Silver game a while back, and have currently already played 61 hours on it. |D Which is... more than any other hours on any of my other games, because all of them have pretty much been restarted. Just shows how much I really like Silver. :]

ANYWAYS. Currently training the rest of my team to level 73 or so (level of my Feraligatr) so I can go and try to face the Elite Four on Pokemon Stadium. Decided to ditch Pidgeot for Bellossom for the cause (Because, from experience on my Crystal Team... I NEVER USE PIDGEOT.) I was able to train that Bellossom to level 57 from a level 6 Oddish in one day. :] That is a feat for me, since I don't like training all too much.

Beat the Elite Four like... four more times (I have beaten it 15-16 times now) and also beat Red a few times. |3

Current Team: Feraligatr (Level 73), Bellossom (Level 58), Magmar (Level 62), Beedrill (Level 62), Ampharos (Level 62), Espeon (Level 68)

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    I'm ascending the Lighthouse in Crystal, battling as many Trainers as I can - I just want to get to the top, so I've skipped a few (to crush into a million pieces on my way back down).

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
    I'm currently training the pokegod that is supposedly ''Rainer''. It has a very weird moveset...

Aniram

I use MS Paint.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2014
    So I started Pokemon Red because I found it and it's completely badass. This morning I got out of Mt. Moon and I'm going to evolve my Jifflypuff to Wigglytuff sometime later on my way to Cerulean City.

This is my team:

Scarlett(Jigglypuff) : Lv13
    N***a(Male Nidoran) : Lv14
    Pidgey : Lv11
    Bulbasaur : Lv13
    Pikabu(Pikachu) : Lv13
    B**ch(Female Nidoran) : Lv13

Pikabu is a ****ing monster, Scarlett going to be a beautiful Wigglytuff, I can't wait until B**ch and N***a are Nidoking and Nidoqueen, and I'm glad I chose Bulbasaur, because I don't have much experience raising a Venusaur, as when I was younger I didn't favor Bulbasaur as much as Squirtle and Charmander.

I'll keep posting my recent happenings as my journey continues. :)

EDIT1:

So I evolved Scarlett on my way to Cerulean as planned, and I defeated the Rockets on Nugget Bridge. After doing that, instead of heading North and East towards Bill's or to the grass to catch some Pokemon, I decided I'd take on Misty first.

Scarlett's going to have to sit down and take a chill pill for a while, because she's been putting so many Pokemon to sleep she's getting so much more experience than everyone else. Plus I'd rather not keep putting everyone to sleep and then slaughtering them. Scarlett's a great gem, though. I've never really raised Wigglytuffs, to be honest, Jigglypuff was kind of annoying to me in the anime as a child, but I find Jigglypuff to be such a fascinating creature now.

I used my two Rare Candies on Pidgey and B**ch because they were the ladies lacking in my party. Gotta give a little steroid boost to the ladies, I guess.. but I'll probably be training up ***** and N***a next. I want to raise Pikabu to be a badass, too. Pidgey will most likely be replaced soon, but the Rare Candy boost got her to learn Quick Attack on the spot, which really helped.

So my next destination is Bill's.

Oh, ****, and I also had an amazing battle with my rival, Bush. He comes back from Bill acting all cocky to me and I'm thinking, 'Boy, I'm gonna take this mother****er out.' And I did, beautifully. You could tell he didn't see that one coming. Thinking he's smart picking his Charmander.. haha.

Last edited:

Mr.Squid

z10.invisionfree.com/Dev_House
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2008
    LA

Shinobu! KaKa miya...................

deco11

Custom User Tile
    Years
    I caught the red Gyrados and as I was sufring off the lake I found a GOLD MAGIKARP. and they're both male.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    Wow, this sucks crap.

Last Thursday night, I finished the 100 hours method of recharging my internal battery on Gold. It could save successfully for that night, but when I woke up in the morning, my save file just disappeared.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    Just restarted my Crystal game - I'm confidant the battery is okay, my save file from 3 - ish years ago in still on there. Chose the name Bailey, and picked Cyndaquil. Just delivered the egg and got the Pokedex, and just finished Sprout Tower.

Team - Cyndaquil (level 10) nn Flarer, HootHoot (level 9) nn Genius, Poliwag (level 9) nn Whirler.

Currently - Training to beat Falkner.

Ashen

※ あなたを…
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2009
    I've been playing my Yellow version in expectation of Platinum (since I'm just going through the third versions of each of the generations). Just leveled up my Spearow to L20 (thus getting a Fearow), and got my Charmeleon up to L18. I'm trying to get everyone up to L20 before getting to Bill's house. Yes, Bill's house – I've already got the Cascadebadge, so I just need to get the S.S. Ticket then I'm off to Vermillion City.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2009
    im playing my edited gold rom.
    i`ve leveled up all wild pokemon and gym leaders.
    and i changed the trading in violet city,that i`ll get a larvitar instead of onix.
    so now i have 4 badges,and meganium and tyranitar (both level 55),they learned all their attacks,cause i`ve canceled their evolutions until level 50.

Back