• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • 1) What boards are you most interested in?
    Mainly ROM Hacking and Emulation because those are the only two I've seen as of yet.
    2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
    Same as above.
    3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum?
    Possibly. Not sure yet.
    4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here?
    Probably learn how to make ROM Hacks.

Weee! A ROM Hacker here. :) dragon456 and DrFuji are both ready to take on another mentee if that's alright with you. :D

Edit: We also have our new ROM Hacking mentor SwiftSign, ready to take you in if you like as well. :)

1) What boards are you most interested in?
    Pokemon Gaming Central and Challenges, I suppose
    The Off Topic ones
    Yeah, I guess ...
    Nothing out of the usual

We have Cello for Pokemon Gaming Central/Challenges, as Sydian might take cyndaqwilfish:). I can get Cello to take you in if you like. Though you also have an interest in the off-topic sections. We have both Shining Raichu and Razor Leaf for that section. Whichever you feel you'd like to learn more, they're all available and they are more than happy to have you. :)

Hey thanks for the help meganium! I'll send
    Syd a request. Oh, and about anime, can you mentor
    Me with anime, possibly at a later time?

I'll be a "second choice" for now, if Sydian is unable to take you in let me know. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    I want a mentor! I'm brand new so I don't know much about this place... :/
    1) What boards are you most interested in? All of them
    2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? All of them
    3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum? of course
    Make friends and talk about pokemon, and also...get my forum noticed as well :) I run one called allthingsnerd.net/forum. I figure as long as I get myself involved here, I can both make new friends and invite them over to visit my forum too. But mostly, I just wanna talk about Pokemon. I feel having a mentor would help me achieve my goals, and I'd like for my mentor to be a fan of psychic types (preferably Alakazam) like me XD

Years

• For better assistance in suggesting you a mentor, you can fill out the form in the first post (click). Of course that is completely optional and up to you. You can also just simply tell us what boards you're interested in. We have mentors for each section, and many of them are more than welcome to take you in. :)

I'm terribly sorry for my late reply!
    Roleplay corner
    Roleplay corner, pretty much
    3)
    Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum?
    Always in for change :)
    4)
    Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here?

Roleplaying ofcourse :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I want a mentor! I'm brand new so I don't know much about this place... :/
    1) What boards are you most interested in? All of them
    2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? All of them
    3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum? of course
    Make friends and talk about pokemon, and also...get my forum noticed as well :) I run one called allthingsnerd.net/forum. I figure as long as I get myself involved here, I can both make new friends and invite them over to visit my forum too. But mostly, I just wanna talk about Pokemon. I feel having a mentor would help me achieve my goals, and I'd like for my mentor to be a fan of psychic types (preferably Alakazam) like me XD

I'll be more than happy to take you in. :) Since you can't quite decide on what board you want, I can help you decide which boards are right for you, as well as give you a few recommendations. :D Expect a PM from me soon. :)

Hey meganium I sent a private message to Sydian and s/he said s/he's willing
    To be my mentor.

Thanks for the update, Cynda! I shall update the list, have fun! :)

I'm terribly sorry for my late reply!
    Roleplay corner
    Roleplay corner, pretty much
    3)
    Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum?
    Always in for change :)
    4)
    Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here?

Roleplaying ofcourse :D

Better late than never, Otaku. :) Roleplaying corner is a great place to meet other members and express yourself! Fortunately we have both Roswell and Miss Doronjo available. So either one of them are more than welcome to have you, and yes, they are Roleplayers as well! ^_^

MattyJ

Serial Procrastinator
    Years
  • Hmm, I thought I had already posted here.. Seems like it's disappeared..

I'm most interested in the ROM Emulation side of things.. I'm trying to hack my own Pokemon game at the moments.

Definitely want to understand most (if not all) of the tutorials for ROM Hacking - I'd love to be able to create a whole game by myself.

Of course! I've owned a Pokemon game in every generation, am a fan of the anime (well, the first few seasons) and yeah.. Just very retro-minded, I guess.

I'd love to make some new friends, but I really just want to learn as much as I can about hacking and ROM Emulation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Otaku, Doronjo just adopted you! xD Have fun! ^_^

Hmm, I thought I had already posted here.. Seems like it's disappeared..
    I'm most interested in the ROM Emulation side of things.. I'm trying to hack my own Pokemon game at the moments.

Definitely want to understand most (if not all) of the tutorials for ROM Hacking - I'd love to be able to create a whole game by myself.

Of course! I've owned a Pokemon game in every generation, am a fan of the anime (well, the first few seasons) and yeah.. Just very retro-minded, I guess.

I'd love to make some new friends, but I really just want to learn as much as I can about hacking and ROM Emulation.

I deleted your first post because it wasn't much of a request for a mentor. But now that you've sent in a request, I can go ahead and direct you to a mentor. ^_^

dragon456, DrFuji, and SwiftSign are all available, and are able to take in a mentee like you! They have knowledge in ROM Hacking, so whichever you decide or whichever decides to take you in, that's fine! ^_^

Last edited:

MattyJ

Serial Procrastinator
    Years
  • Otaku, Doronjo just adopted you! xD Have fun! ^_^

I deleted your first post because it wasn't much of a request for a mentor. But now that you've sent in a request, I can go ahead and direct you to a mentor. ^_^

dragon456, DrFuji, and SwiftSign are all available, and are able to take in a mentee like you! They have knowledge in ROM Hacking, so whichever you decide or whichever decides to take you in, that's fine! ^_^

Ah, my bad. Sorry about the white, too! Must have been the style that I was using! I've found another one now, so hopefully that won't be a problem anymore. :)

Thanks for your help!

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2012
    1) What boards are you most interested in? Current Generation Pokemon Gaming & General Pokemon Gaming Discussions. I'd like to find out more about the black & white 2 that's coming out soon.

2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? Creative Discussions. I like to look at other people's wonderful art.

3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum? Yes

4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here? Find out more about black & white 2 and look at wonderful fan art and stories.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back