• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I know right?

I decided to do some Pokemon programming instead. I finished some updates I had been meaning to finish, now it just needs a bit of testing and it's good to go :).

I have to do a bunch of pal parking for some testing, which I really don't want to do. I aim to do a minimum of 18 and the more, the better. Depends whether I get enough results to confirm what I need to after that many or not, because what I'm checking has variations within the code and I have to be able to determine the range of the variations.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    I know right?

I decided to do some Pokemon programming instead. I finished some updates I had been meaning to finish, now it just needs a bit of testing and it's good to go :).

I have to do a bunch of pal parking for some testing, which I really don't want to do. I aim to do a minimum of 18 and the more, the better. Depends whether I get enough results to confirm what I need to after that many or not, because what I'm checking has variations within the code and I have to be able to determine the range of the variations.

I can't bring myself to anymore research on pokemon.

However, I am tempted to start poking black and white pokemon.

joshk_bra

EV trains like a boss.
    Years
  • yeah im just going to wait till B/W comes out, then start to learn about it. All my attempts have failed on PO :c

I too also hate integrals -_______-
    First day of calc 3 is tomorrow D:

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    That's not what I meant by poking black and white pokemon, but whatever, lol.

Years
  • Most research is already documented. I've seen documentation on the .pkm file changes, and there's B/W Pokesav, so they've definitely mapped the save structure as well. I would say there's a need to document the trash in the various languages, but apparently there's no trash bytes in B/W. So really, most of it is already documented.

One of my next tasks is actually to provide B/W .pkm file support in my programs. I have a few things that I would prefer to do first (which is why I am going to do so), but it should hopefully come out before B/W does in North America.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2011
    I think I finally have the emerald RNG thing down. I caught this today:

Update from my emerald game. Have not transfered it yet but since it was a frame I was aiming for I can say that this was my second RNG now:

384.png

level 70 untouched
    Nature:adamant

I.V.'s
    27/25/29/11/28/31
    Moves:
    right now they are fly, rest, extremespeed, outrage
    but will change upon request or at whim.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Most research is already documented. I've seen documentation on the .pkm file changes, and there's B/W Pokesav, so they've definitely mapped the save structure as well. I would say there's a need to document the trash in the various languages, but apparently there's no trash bytes in B/W. So really, most of it is already documented.

One of my next tasks is actually to provide B/W .pkm file support in my programs. I have a few things that I would prefer to do first (which is why I am going to do so), but it should hopefully come out before B/W does in North America.

I haven't seen any yet, though I haven't been looking either. I knew there was a B/W sav out already, but since I don't use sav, I'm not too interested. Interesting about the trash though.

Lol, I was about to tell you to update your reader and namer. :P

Years
  • I'm hopefully releasing a Reader with updates later this week. It should have updates that solve the stat issues along with updates to allow customizable date.

I have some other projects I need to do before I add B/W support, which involve another program or two/updates to something else I need to work on, and some testing of certain things. Depending on how certain events today go, I may be able to delegate some of the work to a friend that knows VB.NET (the language I use to make my Pokemon programs).

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
  • Finished EVing a Swords Dance Toxicroak which I plan to trade away. Finished a Reversal Lucario, but didn't realize that their level-up movepool didn't consist of Crunch which is required on a Reversal... currently about to trade a Shiny Machop that I caught at a chain of 35 :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2011
    RNGed this in emerald:

374.png

level 5
    Nature: timid
    I.V.'s
    31/x/31/31/31/31
    moves: takedown

going for a staryu next.....

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    RNGed this in emerald:

374.png

level 5
    Nature: timid
    I.V.'s
    31/x/31/31/31/31
    moves: takedown

going for a staryu next.....

I Really don't wanna pop your bubble, cause I love it, but Metgross needs Adamant/Jolly for most of it's sets except for the mix which needs quiet. Sorry.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2011
    I Really don't wanna pop your bubble, cause I love it, but Metgross needs Adamant/Jolly for most of it's sets except for the mix which needs quiet. Sorry.

I did this one because it is the frame/seed I know by heart but I am working on a jolly one next. just need to find a frame for it in emerald I can do. Besides I really did it as a test to see if I could do an emerald RNG breed. Now that I know I can I am going after a timid saryu and a bold duskull

Just did this little beauty in emerald:

120.png

level 5
    nature: timid
    I.V.'s
    31/x/31/31/31/31

I like I like I like I like.... sorry a little drool there

Last edited:

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    I did this one because it is the frame/seed I know by heart but I am working on a jolly one next. just need to find a frame for it in emerald I can do. Besides I really did it as a test to see if I could do an emerald RNG breed. Now that I know I can I am going after a timid saryu and a bold duskull

Ohh okay, that's cool. I gotcha now.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2011
    Ohh okay, that's cool. I gotcha now.
    My post was merged but I did this to make angelxavier happy. A pokemon with the apropiate nature to go with its stats/I.V.'s:

Just did this little beauty in emerald:

120.png

level 5
    nature: timid
    I.V.'s
    31/x/31/31/31/31

I like I like I like I like.... sorry a little drool there

Detox

Actually specs Metagross runs timid, which has the ability to OHKO Crobat with Psychic.

Years
  • So apparently there's no way that I can install the Korean language pack on Home Premium Windows 7, so I can't update the text file for the translations on my notebook. But somehow, notepad is able to properly store the Unicode encoding and VB.NET reads the actual Unicode encoding and allows proper display for the translations.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    So apparently there's no way that I can install the Korean language pack on Home Premium Windows 7, so I can't update the text file for the translations on my notebook. But somehow, notepad is able to properly store the Unicode encoding and VB.NET reads the actual Unicode encoding and allows proper display for the translations.

A fully functional (the ability to write and display correctly) Korean language pack can only be installed on Windows 7 Ultimate. I'm assuming you're using Home edition, which doesn't include all the features Ultimate does, but it still works to an extent, which is why it's displayed correctly in your program.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back