• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
Years
  • I havent tried RNG yet so this is pretty terrible, but I caught it earlier today. And I just think the pokeball suits it well

643.png
    Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.png

Reshiram
    OT:
    Luke
    ID: 33481
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Turboblaze
    IVs: 28 | 2 | 22 | 7 | 23 | 2

Oh and Alternative you were right, I have 2 DS's ones date was a couple months behind. That's probably why it came up summer

Last edited:
    Years
  • How exactly to trade?

I just beat my Platinum version and more than likely starting White today, but I was wondering what are some tips for trading Pokemon? Like if I get Friend Codes from this forum do I literally just type them in when prompted and then I can communicate with them? I guess what I am worried about is finding someone on here and typing in their FC then what do I do? Will I literally be able to chat with them on the Pokemon game? I know this is a real noob question, but even when the NPCs explain it in the game it's hard for me to understand it.

Thanks

yellowbird

is mother teresa. hugs.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016
    Oh and Alternative you were right, I have 2 DS's ones date was a couple months behind. That's probably why it came up summer

Yeah, I actually have a similar problem. After messing with my date so often for RNG in HG, I forgot to change it back before I started White, and then when I /did/ go back and change it.. stuff is still all bleh. Apparently it's autumn, and night is day and day is night. Everything is backwards. OHWELL. xD

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • First off you need to go online to obtain Your friend code before you can obtain anyone else. Which Wifi Club is found in the basement in 4th Generation Games and the second floor middle person in the 5th Gen Games. Yes you type in there 12 digit number in Register Friend Codes portion of your Pal Pad. You can Chat with the person if you wish, or you could press X to turn off voice Chat.

Years
  • First off you need to go online to obtain Your friend code before you can obtain anyone else. Which Wifi Club is found in the basement in 4th Generation Games and the second floor middle person in the 5th Gen Games. Yes you type in there 12 digit number in Register Friend Codes portion of your Pal Pad. You can Chat with the person if you wish, or you could press X to turn off voice Chat.

Thank you soooo much. Now my DS is online, is my FC the same as my ID #? Like the one that's on your name, when hitting pause?

joshk_bra

EV trains like a boss.
    Years
  • RNG Abused this like a mutha****in boss!

images
    529___drilbur_by_winter_freak-d38dt88.jpg
    images

Pokemon: Drilbur
    Ability: Sand Rush <3 <3
    IVs: 31/31/31/12/31/31
    Extra Non-Redis (For now)

Took me about 2.5 hours to get this. It's not hard at all, the only hard is finding the right dust patch -____-

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • RNG Abused this like a mutha****in boss!

images
    529___drilbur_by_winter_freak-d38dt88.jpg
    images

Pokemon: Drilbur
    Ability: Sand Rush <3 <3
    IVs: 31/31/31/12/31/31
    Extra Non-Redis (For now)

Took me about 2.5 hours to get this. It's not hard at all, the only hard is finding the right dust patch -____-
    Wild Excadrill or gtfo.

Also, I've been told that this is good, but I don't think so. All it's good moves come from breeding and stuff, so whatever. Was meant to be a Sewaddle anyway.

546.png
    Bag_Nest_Ball_Sprite.png

Cottonee
    OT:
    Flora || ID: 50202
    Nature: Jolly || Ability: Prankster
    IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | x | 31 | 31

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Anyone know the % of getting a druddigon when I breed it with a Kangaskan for suckerpunch?

I keep getting stupid Kangaskans -.-

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • so how do I get drudiggon with sucker punch?

It's not like Kangaskhan is the only Pokémon that learns sucker punch :\

Anyway, here's a quick tutorial on egg moves because I was bored

Egg moves are always passed on to the offspring from the father. Therefore you need to find a male Pokémon that knows sucker punch and can breed with Drudiggon. In order to do this you will need to go through a process called Chain Breeding, which takes advantage of the fact that Pokémon have multiple egg groups. This is when you breed an egg move onto one Pokémon which is in the correct egg group and then use that Pokémon as the new parent to pass on the move (since it will belong to a different egg group than the original parent).

I realize the above explanation was a little vague: so here is an example:

You want to breed Sucker Punch onto Drudiggon but there are no male species that learn it by level up with which it can breed.

Absol, however, can learn Sucker Punch, but it is not in the same egg group as Druddigon. If you want to breed Sucker Punch from Absol (who is in the Ground egg group) to Drudiggon (who is in the Dragon egg group), you will need to find a Pokémon that is capable of learning sucker punch through breeding and is also in the Ground and Dragon egg groups, such as Ekans.

So the process goes like this:
    -A male Absol with Sucker Punch breeds with a female Ekans to produce a male Ekans which knows Sucker Punch as an egg move.
    -That male Ekans (with Sucker Punch) then breeds with a female Drudiggon and voilà, you have a Drudiggon which knows Sucker Punch

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • Realized something real sucky today. Seems that the "game version genies" are of similar mechanic to the roaming beasts of HGSS. As in save before that house, or in the house (not sure).

After maybe four hours of Quick Ball resetting for a "Docile" Thunderus, I'm thinking:

Oh, great. Royally screwed that one up, didn't I...

ALSO: Why does every other thing Quick Ball'd seem to be Docile?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back