• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • Cute. It's Naive though? D; I'm not very knowledgeable about Pikachu sets... does it use a Naive nature?

Tsvet

A wild trainer appears~
    Years
  • Could someone CMT and see if I'm asking too much on my Want list? :\
    I don't know what is happening :(

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • Cute. It's Naive though? D; I'm not very knowledgeable about Pikachu sets... does it use a Naive nature?

Naive is so it can go mixed. While most Pikachu I've seen out there run Hasty, I chose to use Naive to give Pikachu a chance to survive against priority moves. The lowered special defense doesn't matter much since Pikachu will probably get OHKOed by pretty much anything anyway. Worthwhile tradeoff imo.
    I also looked on Smogon and pretty much all of the sets run either Timid or Naive.

Still trying to decide a nickname and redis. rights though...

Could someone CMT and see if I'm asking too much on my Want list? :\
    I don't know what is happening :(
    Probably because recently, the trade corner has been leaning more toward casual players/traders rather than competitive battlers/RNG breeders. It's surprising, really. Given the ease of RNGing in BW, I was expecting to see a huge influx of RNG shops. I did check out your thread though and saw some stuff I liked, perhaps I'll stop by soon :D.

Perriechu

Years
  • Naive is so it can go mixed. While most Pikachu I've seen out there run Hasty, I chose to use Naive to give Pikachu a chance to survive against priority moves. The lowered special defense doesn't matter much since Pikachu will probably get OHKOed by pretty much anything anyway. Worthwhile tradeoff imo.
    I also looked on Smogon and pretty much all of the sets run either Timid or Naive.

Still trying to decide a nickname and redis. rights though...

Well I usually give my Egg move, specific Hidden Power, Shiny Pokemon either Semi or Non since they're so nom. :3

oic.

Tsvet

A wild trainer appears~
    Years
  • Hmm... something is bizarre here.
    The thing is: I borrowed a female Torchic with DW and bred another female Torchic with DW ability.
    Why the first one can enter random online battle and mine (UT, lv 1, just bred) can't? :\

[no species or item clause broken on my team]

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
  • Hmm... something is bizarre here.
    The thing is: I borrowed a female Torchic with DW and bred another female Torchic with DW ability.
    Why the first one can enter random online battle and mine (UT, lv 1, just bred) can't? :\

[no species or item clause broken on my team]
    There is no female torchic. The DW torchic is given as only male.

Tsvet

A wild trainer appears~
    Years
  • I just love to be lied to.
    Bazinga.
    So... I'll delete plenty of pokemons now ._.'

Where can I get a list to check what I got is a hack or not? ._.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • @Tsvet: Here's some basic information about discerning hacks (mostly copied from Trade Rules). Grouped in a spoiler:

Spoiler:

@Traders: What would you guys like to see in Trade Corner? Or would you rather prefer a separate thread to discuss revamp? :P

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • The real opinion is whether I should re open some sort of trade shop again or not with mah sexy egg mons, which I know you all love. Then I can get some nice Pokemon out of it as well as helping others out.

Perriechu

Years
  • You should open up a shop of hot RNG mons. B) All the cool kids are doing it.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • Uniqueness > coolness imo. :) I'm sure you'd prefer egg moves rather than RNG'd mons anyway, and I can't RNG now/don't wanna C-Gear it.

Agreed, unique egg moved 'mons are awesome.

Anyway, I realized I still had a bunch of Gen IV Wonder Cards left on various games (FAL10 Mew, Shiny Dogs, and Celebi). So I tried to learn Gen IV abuse and failed miserably (delay sucks). I'll probably try again later if I have more time. There are so many RNGed versions of these guys floating around out there that I'm wondering if it's even worth it. Should I try to learn this or should I just trade for them?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Agreed, unique egg moved 'mons are awesome.

Anyway, I realized I still had a bunch of Gen IV Wonder Cards left on various games (FAL10 Mew, Shiny Dogs, and Celebi). So I tried to learn Gen IV abuse and failed miserably (delay sucks). I'll probably try again later if I have more time. There are so many RNGed versions of these guys floating around out there that I'm wondering if it's even worth it. Should I try to learn this or should I just trade for them?
    Yes to Celebi, maybe to Mew, no to beasts. The versions floating around may be injected wondercards. Hard to tell if they are or not, so you do some justice, okies?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Speaking of 4th gen wondercards, I've still got the last two, I think it's Suicune and Entei left to abuse. I never got around to it, so I may do it soon if I can snag my sister's DSi and get them then and trade them.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2013
    Not sure if this would be the right place to put this but I will give it a shot.

If I use instant egg and fast egg hatch, where the DC man gets me an egg instantly and where the steps to hatch said egg is lower...extremely so, would the resulting pokemon be considered a hack?

Perriechu

Years
  • Not sure if this would be the right place to put this but I will give it a shot.

If I use instant egg and fast egg hatch, where the DC man gets me an egg instantly and where the steps to hatch said egg is lower...extremely so, would the resulting pokemon be considered a hack?

IIRC. It's considered legit. A lot of people do it. C:

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2013
    Cool.

Anyway. Has anyone else tried getting a flawless poke without RNG? I am looking for tips on how to finish off. I have two of the same poke, Torchic as the case would be, male female and both have the equivalent of a flawless, as in they have perfect IV's together. Thing is I cannot get a resulting flawless poke. Any suggestions.

Also if this is not the place to discuss this can someone point me in the right direction? I do appreciate the help.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • When it comes to getting flawless Pokemon without use of RNG methods, it can be very difficult to get it. As a max, only three IVs from both parents will be passed down to the child, meaning the IVs passed down from your two Torchic will only be 3/12 passed down. You can be lucky to have all the good ones passed down, and then the rest of it is up to luck.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • Yes to Celebi, maybe to Mew, no to beasts. The versions floating around may be injected wondercards. Hard to tell if they are or not, so you do some justice, okies?

I'm probably going to skip out on the Mew, since I really want to restart Soul Silver and I don't have time to figure out what I'm doing wrong with Gen IV abuse at the moment. Unless, of course, unused wonder cards remain usable when you restart your game (do they?).
    As for the Celebi (I think I have two Celebi Wonder Cards), which natures should I go for? (The "nature is always random" thing is probably going to be pretty frustrating...)

Cool.

Anyway. Has anyone else tried getting a flawless poke without RNG? I am looking for tips on how to finish off. I have two of the same poke, Torchic as the case would be, male female and both have the equivalent of a flawless, as in they have perfect IV's together. Thing is I cannot get a resulting flawless poke. Any suggestions.

Also if this is not the place to discuss this can someone point me in the right direction? I do appreciate the help.
    It is highly unlikely. If you have an original DS or a DS lite, you'd be better off learning how to RNG. It's pretty easy in Gen V.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back