• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Omega Ruby Team

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2015
    Here's my OR team. I'm overall pretty satisfied with it, but I wouldn't mind a few changes (see the descriptions for more details).

Omega Ruby Team
    /
    Omega Ruby Team

Dragon Slaya (Gardevoir) Lv. 79 @ Gardevoirite
    Modest | Synchronize
    - Grass Knot
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt

Dragon Slaya is the best Pokemon I've used in game ever. This moveset is genius and covers just about anything I can face, which makes her an awesome lead when I'm scouting wild Pokemon or chaining or whatever. She also pwn's the elite four pretty easily (if her PP didn't run out).

Omega Ruby Team

Shrek (Swampert) Lv. 63 @ Swampertite
    Timid | Torrent
    - Surf
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Stone Edge

Shrek has a decent moveset, Timid nature helps with its speed but I need to find some alternatives to Earthquake and Stone Edge that are special so they can be more powerful. Surf and Ice Beam are great though and overall I have no complaints with Shrek.

Omega Ruby Team

Metagross Lv 63 @ Metagrossite
    Calm | Clear Body
    - Pursuit
    - Meteor Mash
    - Psychic
    - Brick Break

Shiny Mega Metagross is ballin'. Meteor Mash can help with fairies, other moves are there to help with Pokemon that Dragon Slaya can't deal with on her own. I usually end up tag teaming them two because of their movesets and typing. Works well.

Omega Ruby Team
    /
    Omega Ruby Team

Blaziken Lv. 85 @ Blazikenite
    Quiet | Speed Boost
    - Blaze Kick
    - Brave Bird
    - Double Kick
    - Ember

Speed Boost Blaziken is a gift from heaven. I'd like to find another move to replace Ember with, so post some ideas if you think of any. Wouldn't mind replacing Double Kick with a more powerful fighting move either, but I have several other fighting types so I'm not sure I need it.

Omega Ruby Team
    /
    Omega Ruby Team

Dark Knight (Lucario) Lv. 73 @ No item
    Hasty | Steadfast
    - Power-Up Punch
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Extreme Speed
    - Bone Rush

Love, love, love Lucario. Power-Up Punch is the go-to move on this set and is often used for revenge kills or late game clean ups. Bone Rush is also used for revenge killing since it's not too powerful but still strong enough to KO if it hits enough times. Don't use Extreme Speed too much, so I wouldn't mind replacing it with something else.

Omega Ruby Team

Deeno (Tyrantrum) Lv. 70 @ No Item
    Brave | Strong Jaw
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Crunch
    - Rock Slide

Deeno (hehe Flintstone's name) is my swap out when I need a HM slave, but it's a good late game sweep if I get in a tough battle. It's a solid tank so it can switch in and take a hit or survive several hits if it gets a clean switch in. Moves are diverse enough to cover a lot, so I'm not worried there. Wouldn't mind replacing Tyrantrum all together if a) I found something better and b) it wasn't so troublesome to train it up to be on par with the rest of the team.

(I realize I have a lot of Megas but that's because I like them. I usually mega evolve whichever Pokemon is trying to sweep or leading the way in a battle. In game it doesn't really hurt me too much.)

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2015
    Your Gardevoir is on point. Great moveset.

Your Swampert? keep E-quake 100 acc and 100 power is to good to pass up. As for stone edge...no clue I'd recommend to sub it with rain dance (Swift Swim) also scald over surf because of the chance of the burn.

Shiny Metagross never stops ballin and honestly for competitive pursuit is great when used smartly.

Blaziken needs the thrower of flames also close combat might work over brave bird with a bulk up over double kick.

If you like it then put a life orb on it. Re designing the moveset is the way to go. Close combat Bullet punch Earthquake and Swords dance will destroy. You can leave power up punch over swords dance but I don't recommend it.

Leave Tyrantrums moves and give it leftovers.

BTW remember this is your team so choose the sets you work well with.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
    Gardevoir - you want either Moonblast or Hyper Voice over Dazzling Gleam. Moonblast is more powerful than Dazzling Gleam and Hyper Voice, when Mega-evolved, gets retyped to Fairy from Pixilate and ends up being stronger than Moonblast. Psyshock is a decent alternative to Psychic to hit Pokemon on a weaker stat.

Swampert could use Earth Power in place of Earthquake as a special move. Rain Dance could be used over Stone Edge for Swift Swim.

Ideally, Metagross wants either Jolly or Adamant to make the most use out of Meteor Mash. But I would replace Brick Break with Earthquake, since a neutral Meteor Mash is more powerful than a SE Brick Break.

Same with Blaziken, Jolly or Adamant. Flamethrower or Fire Blast are better than Ember, although Flare Blitz would be best (assuming Jolly/Adamant). High Jump Kick is better than Double Kick (Super Power is a decent alternative if you don't want to chance recoil, but it gets weaker each time you use it.

Since Lucario is Hasty, you could consider a Mixed Set. Close Combat is by far it's strongest move. Flash Cannon is a thought for against Fairy's.

I guess you could switch out Tyrantrum for the more powerful Salamence (as it's another Mega-evo you can use ;) It gets Aerialite so any Normal Move becomes Flying, so Return, Outrage, Earthquake and maybe Roost for surviving could work. Dragon Dance, if you feel like sweeping. Salamence also has great synergy with Metagross, since they resist the others weaknesses.

Back