• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

=OMG! Light Azumarill's Art Thread!=

Years
    TEH ZOMG

you got my full approval on the subject of art
    *throws cookie*

The pichu and psyduck one ^^ teh cuteness overwhelmed me

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Aww, thanks you guys! Ah yes Strider, losing a pet is very hard when you feel especially loved by them and give much of your love in return. Mac was my first family dog, so he was special. He was also thirteen. A nice ripe old age. ^^

dark_espeon, it took me forever to draw Mac right with his beard! XD Many hours of scribbled out drawings. Though luckily I had gotten it down before I had to draw this picture. This was my best drawing of him too. Truly brought on by the inspiration of his passing. Sad to say that, but true. Inspiration doesn't always have to be a good thing that happens.

mistywishmaker, thanks for the comment! By the way, that Azumarill flashy icony thing in your signature is soooo cute! I just wanna huggle those two bunnies to death! XD

Cybex, thankies! I wanted it to bring out their personalities with a cutesy cartoon twist. ^^

Blazin Espio, thanks for the cookie! *chomps happily* Ooh! White chocolate chip, one of my favorites! =D And I'm glad you found things cute. Cute is what I do. ^-^

ShadowMarik

Insane Brat
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2006
    Nice! I love the Blueeyes one..so much detail. And Houndizard! Is it a fusion?

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    *nods to ShadowMarik* Jup, 'tis a fusion. I should draw another fusion pokemon sometime... *gets idea* Hm.... Oh, and thanks for the compliment on the Blue Eyes. I don't draw too many Yugioh monsters, but I just can't resist doodling the purdiful dragon. ^-^

Anyway, later tonight I'm gonna scan the outline for my next contest entry. So, I should have at least that and a few others things that I've been meaning to scan as well. ^-^

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    Melissa, you're the master! I love the Flygon/Articuno picture... Now I really want to draw a battle scene! *runs to get pencils*

Your flexibility at drawing different things is amazing. I can draw dogs, cats....that's it. xD

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Aww, thanks Charon. ^-^ You're pretty good yourself! And you can do watercolors much much better than yours truly. XD

Anyway, I've taken the liberty of scanning stuff!! Now keep in mind, everything besdies my sketch for the contest was done about 5 months to a year ago. These pictures all currently hang in my room by the way. ^-^

Digimon Drawings=

These are all with felt-tip pen as the outlines, and colored pencil for the coloring. The ones with individual digimon were colored/drawn on printer paper when I was bored one day and had no sketchbook paper. They came out so good that I decided to scan 'em. ^^ The big one was done on sketchbook paper.

Armadillomon
    =OMG!  Light Azumarill's Art Thread!=

Hawkmon

Patamon

Gatomon

Veemon

Wormmon

Digimon 02 Group (It's a little funny in one part because it was so big I had to piece it together from two parts to scan it...)

Kirby Drawing=

Also done with colored pencils, but not outlined. It's of course from the Kirby anime. ^^

Star Rod Kirby (My personal favorite! I lurve teh shading! ^^)

November Contest Sketch=

Orange Islands with Tracey, Misty, and Ash

I made Misty's hair down because I felt like it. ^^ Besides, they're relaxing at a picnic, and who relaxes with their hair up? >.>

Well, there ya' go. Some of my non-computer drawings! ^-^ Enjoy! Comments/criticism/bananas/cookies welcome!

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Been meaning to comment on this for ages, but it seems like everything I intend to do gets delayed for some reason or the other. *Is far too lazy for his own good* <_<

Anyhow, these pictures are amazing, Melissa. ^_^ I knew you were good...but...wow...I'd love to comment on all of them but I don't have the appropriate experience for that so I'll just comment on my three favourites.

The one with the Smeargle and the Exploud

Ooh...this one's my absolute favourite. Love the expressions...particularly the Smeargle's one, and the whole scene...well, it made me smile the very first time I saw it. ^^

Azurills in the rain

Again, the expressions won me over here. Particularly the indignant one on the one on the right-hand Azurill. Good work with the rain too (I never manage to draw rain right...not that I can draw much anything right but still.), plus, I like the general colours of the pic.

Mac and Sticky

Yup, inspiration can definitely come from various sources. Your work with Mac's furr is really impressive and they both seem so...alive somehow. Again, the expressions are great. It's obvious that you put a lot of effort into it.

As I said, they're all great. Even the Digimon ones...and I don't even like Digimon. XD

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Thanks AE! ^-^ Lots of people like the Smeargle one. I must have been in sync with the paper when I drew it. And it was the first time I had drawn either of those pokemon too. >.< Learning to draw things is fun though. I always like to learn. Rain is really fun to do too; I've been doing rain for quite some time on computers, though most of it's just messing around. ^^ And I did spend a lot of effort on Mac and Sticky. I wanted it to look good, and make them proud. Speaking of Mac, tomorrow we pick up his ashes... ;_;

Heh, there was a short time where I was really into Digimon, thus why I have so many drawings of them. I have lots of pokemon drawings, but they're from further back, when my skills weren't as good. Also, I have tons of sketches, but they're not very good either. Oh! Maybe I'll put up a few though like this Quilava I have. It was one of my favorite sketches.

Years
    OMG!!! I just simply love the Patamon and Gatomon! They are extremely cute!:D
    The Smeargle is definetly cool!
    Pretty nice work there LA! You are sure to be a master!:D

Years
    I <3 Digimon!

I can't believe they were coloured with coloured pensils x_x The shadding is awesome and I love their poses. It could really pass off as original art for the series!

Anyways, great work, I love Hawkmon so naturally that would be my favourite, but they are all equally as good as one another in quallity ^_^

Great work Azu, keep up the awesome work!

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Celebi: *blushes* Aw, thanks Celebi, you're too kind. ^^ Maybe a master someday, but very far from it right now. And I'm glad ya' like the Patamon and Gatomon, they were my favs of the digimon pics.

Strider: Yes, Digimon is teh awesomeness! ^___^ And thanks for the comments; I was truly in the zone that day I swear. Normally I can't draw Veemon and Hawkmon for beans (with few exceptions). Which kinda sucks because Hawkmon is one of my favorites. His Japanese voice is so deep; I love it!

QFred: Thanks! And I shall keep doing it as long as I get inspiration. Which should be quite a bit considering I'm getting subbed Japanese versions of Digimon now. Tee hee...! Hooray for file sharing. ^.^

Shampoo: Yay! Clefairy appreciation! That is still one of my favorite drawings, and I'm really not entirely sure why. I mean, the shading's so-so on it, but I just love the way it looks. And thank you for your nice comments.

Serpenter: Thanks! You guys are so nice here. And I hope to get better in the future as well. ^-^

Now for an update! Two pics, one my finished contest entry, and the other a Dark Magician Girl picture I did a month or so ago. The contest pic is drawn of course, but colored in Adobe Photoshop, and the DMG picture was all pencil and colored pencil. Enjoy:

"Island Picnic"

Dark Magician Girl

Comments welcome as usual! ^-^

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    if you do fusions, i would like a mix of eevee and absol ^^ thanks light azumerill or however you spell it ^_____^

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    I was thinking of doing a fusion drawing actually, and an Eevee and an Absol sounds kinda fun. ^.^ Perhaps I shall. Yes, I think so.

Thanks for your comment!

Oh, and it's Azumarill. Or, you could shorten it to LA, or L_A, or you could call me my real name; Melissa. The choice is yours! ^-^

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    Light_Azumarill said:
    I was thinking of doing a fusion drawing actually, and an Eevee and an Absol sounds kinda fun. ^.^ Perhaps I shall. Yes, I think so.

Thanks for your comment!

Oh, and it's Azumarill. Or, you could shorten it to LA, or L_A, or you could call me my real name; Melissa. The choice is yours! ^-^
    ok! thanks light_azumarill!

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I just love your art, Azumarill/LA/L_A/whatever the anatomy on all those pics is flawless, the shading is just incredible and the expressions are great =) I especialy like the one with the smeargle taunting the exploud and it made me smile too
    well, it made me smile the very first time I saw it. ^^
    Correction, it made you smile the second time you saw it too, I showed the picture thinking you hadn't seen you yet ^_^

I also like the picture of the sealeo in the ice cave, I just love the reflection on the ice.

The one with the psyduck teaching its child is one of my favourites too, the background looks incredible and I just love psyduck ^_^

Your art looks really profesional I think, I actualy like most of your art more than I like official illustrations.

Back