• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OMG OMG vampire!

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    A little bit. It's a good book and all that, but it gets too much praise. The book itself is okay. The movie, eh. It was mediocre, but it's a decent movie adaption.

But vampires aren't all that interesting - certainly not enough to have seventy different freaking series about them. They like blood and they hang in coffins. I'm twitching with excitement. I've noticed teenage girls are die hard fanatics for things they care about.

But, then again, that's my opinion.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    As stated above, the franchise is a little too praised for what it is. It's about a person falling in love with a vampire. Seriously, what's the big hype? It's kind of like any other romance book/film. It is overrated in my opinion.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    If there's one thing that I learned after reading an even better vampire series, it's that real vampires do not sparkle, they are not attracted to blatant Mary Sues, and they do not fight werewolves! I used to like Twilight, but then I found Cirque Du Freak and found out that it was miles better than this. I actually finished that series but with Twilight, I got bored and quit at around the third book when I noticed the bad writing.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2011
    Vampires don't sparkle. Also the books are terribly written fantasy fulfillment for teenage girls and Mormon housewives. I couldn't bring myself to be dragged to any of the movies.

Vampires were so much cooler when they were bloated sacks of blood or had really sweet detachable heads that flew around and bit people. I mean even Dracula had the decency not to sparkle, even if he started the whole sexy vampire thing.

Jen

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2011
    The book is better than the film. I guess my imagination is better than the film.

Yeah, the movie was overrated. It was given attention more than it deserve. Probably a huge teen fans are making this happen. Maybe the first installment was good but the succeeding were just fine.

I just wished they would make the ending 2-part like Harry Potter. The story will be well illustrated if they'll do that.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Twilight is sooooooo overrated. I mean... Taylor Lautner aka Jacob Black is pretty handsome and all, but the whole series is just getting tooo popular for me to get into it. I saw the first movie, didn't convince me to go see the 2nd one at all. Thanks to Twilight, now we have several book series about vampires, and even television sitcoms! It's an outrage! >_<

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    The series and the fanbase are very overrated. I personally didn't enjoy the books. It just doesn't click to me. Why would a girl fall for a guy who had been stalking her for what seemed like forever?! I'm sure her parent told her about "stranger danger." Also, he basically left her in the second book. Bella should've gone for Jacob... However, I still consider the books better than the movie.

To be honest, I had to walk out of Twilight twice because I couldn't bare with the screaming girls. I fell asleep on New Moon, mainly for going to see it at around 11:40 p.m. I hope that none of my friends drag me to go view Eclipse. The only positive thing that the movie had done was brought back Shark Boy. He really became handsome over the years, huh.

The obsessed girls are annoying. It's one thing that their are all over Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner, but this branch of fan-girls are another thing. They are straight-up obsessed. I am scared, because some of them will hurt you for backlashing on the series...

Greenette

is a spy
    Years
    Yeah... the ravenous jaws of adolescence have those girls by the throat, hopefully they are still able to recognize other books so that they may one day grow out of their bad author.

Now, I have great patience when it comes to books, I read books by my most hated authors just to see if there has been a change in style but that garbage Stehpanie Meyer produced is impossible for me to read.. she`s terrible at mounting suspense and all her characters fall into overused archetypes but I must admit, she chose a demographic and got lucky.

Also.. the acting in the movies is so bad :c not like traditional bad acting but like.. overacting or giving the characters too much of a real world presence. But I`m severely biased haha pay no mind.

Back