• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

On the search for a pokemon forum

Mumzy

Pokemon Raiser
Years
  • Hi I'm Mumzy, I've been working on my competitive battling skills in X and Y and would like to make some friends. I specialize in psychic, dark and ghost Pokemon, they are my stronger areas in play. I love Pokemon-Amie and love discovering new things in the game. I'm a forum dweller, but a little rusty because its been a while since I last fan raged over pokemon. So, I haven't been doing much in that area. I joined Serebii forums and Smogon but neither of them had that welcoming, casual, fun feel to them that I like in Pokemon forums. Without that, it loses something. I like to make friends and conversate, therefore I wanted a popular/active forum that's a little more friendly and laid back.

Another issue is I need help with my team and competitive battling, but the RMT threads in Smogon is pretty dead.. And on other sites everyone simply quotes smogon articles without reason for changes in your team. So hopefully someone that's experienced could give me some pointers sometime.

I'm happy to have found PC and can't wait to check things out, thanks!

Years
  • Hi Mumzy! Hmm.. I feel like I recognize you from somewhere, though it definitely isn't Serebii or Smogon. :O Welcome to PC!

Well, our battlers here are very talented so we'd love it if you participated in the Battle Center discussions sometime. PokeCommunity has its own Pokemon Showdown server as well so that's another fun thing to try out when you have the time. :) We'll definitely be able to help you work on your battling skills so stick around!

If you're looking to make friends I'm always open to chat anytime. We're definitely very friendly here despite the size of the forum! And hey, having a Hex Maniac avatar makes you all the cooler anyways, haha. Have an amazing stay here, yes?

Mumzy

Pokemon Raiser
    Years
  • Thanks Cirno! ^_^ It's hard to tell where you might recognize me from, I'm all over the internet.. But I was a mod on Pokechamps and I was on bulbapedia for quite a while, as far as pokemon sites go.

Well that's good, I'll definitely be joining in the battle discussion soon.

Actually, with over 1k users on right now I would say that these forums are very lively!! You know it's a good sign when PC is the first site that appeared when I searched "Pokemon forums" in google! XD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Hi there, Mumzy! Great to see ya here, sweetheart! :)

The Battle Center is a perfect place for you to sharpen your battle skills. You can submit your own team, suggest any teams or movesets, or you can challenge others on a battle of your own, whether by wifi or by our own showdown server. :D The link to the showdown server is on my signature, so don't hesitate to check it out if you like to! Like Cirny mentioned, you will enjoy the greatness of the forum, and you will meet amazing people like myself and her! :)

Have fun, okay! I know you will, and I hope to see you around.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    I think you'll find this forum more welcoming. People aren't really cold here, and the forums are very active.
    Definitely look in the Battle Center for battling tips, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2013
    i have a few pokemon you might be interested but i dont have my ds atm

Mumzy

Pokemon Raiser
    Years
  • Ok thanks for the information and welcomes! And yes, I can tell already that it's definitely a warm community.

Back