• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Going to a Greek Orthodox school in the late 90s and half of the 2000s I've had my fair share of Card Condemning practices. Its the devils work yadda yadda banned cards yadda yadda. Still didn't stop us having an underground trade network.

lol I went to Catholic school and our Pokémon cards (Yu-Gi-Oh and stuff is after my youth) were allowed initially. And then "banned" because they were easy/desirable targets for theft. I'd imagine many angry parents were calling in. And PokéMania was just so huge at the time that in class kids would just try to trade even - so it was a distraction. :(

As a result, I never actually played the TCG since there was a nowhere to play. So, I really enjoyed the TCG game on Game Boy when that was released. I was like "Oh... this is what I'm missing. This is fun"

Sir Codin

I have a vague idea, but it's been so long since I've collected Pokemon cards that I'm probably better off just deleting that information from my memory.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I have a vague idea, but it's been so long since I've collected Pokemon cards that I'm probably better off just deleting that information from my memory.
    Do kids play them still? I never see anyone with any, it's weird. Even the tiny little shrimps (5 hear olds, etc) don't show them off, like the old days.

Sir Codin

Do kids play them still? I never see anyone with any, it's weird. Even the tiny little shrimps (5 hear olds, etc) don't show them off, like the old days.
    Well, Pokemon itself is nowhere near a huge of a deal as like, the big Pokemon craze of the late 90s, but it's been years since I've been to an elementary school and I hate children so much I avoid them like the plague, so I don't know.

Sir Codin

Take some of these pills:

On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Didn't I say that it's not allowed on THIS THREAD? On a section where it talks about OTHER STUFF? All of you are starting to anger me for not knowing that.

You can't post here because your name is Pokemon-related then.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
    You can't post here because your name is Pokemon-related then.

I'm afraid you two were a bit late upon your posts. I apologize and hope I won't get infracted for this. I have learned a lesson and will take some Prozac right now.

And the comments the people made are no offense, not funny.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    In case anyone else has the same misconception, this thread is open to ANYTHING. Pokémon included (I'm not trying minimod, welp).

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't think anyone cares enough to infract you for that, lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back