• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One anime series you never seem to get sick of?

loliwin

→ Level 69
Years
  • Yu-gi-oh. I never get sick of their duel battles, when someone is about to lose, it just builds up truckloads of suspense.

I never get sick of Pokemon as well, mainly because of Pikachu. :D

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
    Years
  • FLCL.

Gainax had a story to tell, and they focused on that without ever diverting or going off track. They stuck it all in six episodes so there was no time for filler or anything unnecessary. It was very goal-focused, and I like that. It also managed to be about wacky anime characters as well as themes and morals at the same time, which is a difficult thing to balance. Expertly told story.

Simoun. I recently discovered it, and I can't stop thinking about it. <3

Hot.

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Most if not all of these I watched before they got ported to the U.S. so when I say it's old, it's because I watched it when it was still airing in Japan and in Asia and/or was easy to rent copies of. :)

Slam Dunk - old old classic that's good for kicking back and relaxing to; awesome theme song

Yu Yu Hakusho - another old old classic that I also watched back in the day; awesome storyline and interesting characters, loved the SNES game, too

Shin Seiki Evangelion - another old classic with a thought-provoking storyline and deep characters

Fushigi Yugi - yet another old classic with a great storyline and great characters which I have the manga to as well; some really nice music to match

Mahou Kishi Rayearth - another old classic though I prefer season 1 to season 2; a story with a surprise (or not so surprise) ending and a twist

Dragonball and Dragonball Z - read some of the manga first and then watched the anime; despite the manga being so incredibly long it's still a good story and I like the characters; like the art style, but it's very stylistic

Pokemon - we all know this one! I have to agree with what some other people have said; so so many episodes that I am sure I never caught them all; good to kick back to

FLCL.

Gainax had a story to tell, and they focused on that without ever diverting or going off track. They stuck it all in six episodes so there was no time for filler or anything unnecessary. It was very goal-focused, and I like that. It also managed to be about wacky anime characters as well as themes and morals at the same time, which is a difficult thing to balance. Expertly told story.

I definitely agree on that one. Did you ever read the manga for FLCL?

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Just one anime...?

Well, I haven't properly watched anime for a long time now...but from my past experiences I'd probably say:

Naruto: (I haven't watched Shippuden yet, but Part 1 was all it took to reel me in. And ninjas will always be awesome! ;))

Digimon: (I've stuck with it since childhood, and plan to continue doing so for quite some time! DIGIMON Season 6 + Greymon FTW!!!!!!! And thankfully they're returning to the pre-Season 5 art style!)

FullMetal Alchemist: (very engaging storytelling, humor, and plot!)

Pokemon: (sort of self-explanatory! ;) I'm hooked on the games and it's associated with the forum I spend the most time on as of now. I was 'anti-Pokemon' for a while when I came to know Digimon, but now both franchises remain fondly in my heart! Moreover, the anime is the only likely media where awesome Pokemon (especially Legendaries) can demonstrate their true potential beyond simple sprite animations and distortions! For example, anime-versions of Roar of Time and Aeroblast FTW!)

Azumanga Daioh: LOL!(as great as the anime is, the manga tends to be much more funnier, though :D)

Anime like Bleach, One Piece, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Air Gear, Gurren Lagann, Dragon Ball (Z/GT) I have to watch more of before giving proper opinions. Hopefully, I can catch up in the upcoming months/years... :)

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Anime series I never get tired of let's see...

Sonic X - Man I'm the only one that said this maybe because I'm a certified sonic fanboy x3

Naruto - Not so much the anime as I've given up on it along time ago but the manga is always interesting to read

Bleach - I cannot say how much I just love my clorox lmao. Characters, plots, you name it

Pokemon (1st season) - The season that started it all was the beest one yet. Full of laughs and trials for our heroes but now the pokemon series is not as funny as it used to be.

Yugioh original and Yugioh Gx - I enjoy watching the episodes over and over again. The duels are just too awesome...I'm not itno 5Ds like that

Nagaserete Airantou - OMG this anime is just too hilarious I watch the same episodes over and over again and still laugh

Dragonball Z - how can you not love the awesome fight scenes and character

Rave Master - Rave is just too awesome. Nuff said xD

There's plenty more but I think I typed enough to get my point through ;D

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    elfen lied: despite the nudity in the first i think 3 or 4 episodes its great if you like lots of bloodshed

tenchi muyo: its also pretty great if u like drama and shtuff like that

Giraffles <3

podɐʇǝɯ
    Years
  • Air Gear, Hajime No Ippo, Toradora, Yu Yu Hakusho, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, One Piece and that's about it.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    mai-hime i hate mai but i cant quit watching the show over and over the theme song is burned into my brain
    pokemon original- greatest anime ever
    ouran high host club never gets old even watching same episode over and over again

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    I never, ever get tired of good shonen/action anime. Naruto, Bleach, Dragon Ball (I'm new in the One Piece thing)..

Man, you need to add Gurren Lagann to that last. lol

Nagisa

✰だんご 大家族 ✰
    Years
  • Clannad
    Detective Conan
    Dragon Ball
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Rurouni Kenshin

Illustration

ああああああああ
    Years
  • I never get tired of Gyagu Manga Biyori. I've watched the first season quite a number of times now, and it still makes me laugh out loud.

Back