• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One-on-One Pokemon RP? (Free Flowing/Detailed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Let me preface my comments by saying that I know I've been kind of in and out of PC and that could very much scare away some roleplayers. It's mainly just due to the anxiety of wanting to run an RP but having only attempted big group ones. I'm here to say that this particular interest check is not for a big group, but just for one person (which could expand to multiple one-on-one roleplays, but I haven't seen it done often here on PC).

Anyway, hello! I am TheFoxx! I am only on this account because I've forgotten the password and username to my original account (TurtleKing). I was around PC a lot when I was known as TK and did a bit of Fan Fiction, primarily a Sinnoh-based fan fiction that had numerous chapters (looking back, I still cringe a little, but we all start somewhere, right?). Anyway, I have a passion for writing and I love Pokemon so I wanted to see if I could find someone(s) who would be willing to do a one-on-one Pokemon roleplay that's free flowing, casual, laid back but still detailed and advanced in writing. Not expecting a novel or anything for each post, but I want to create an entire world with someone else with a huge plot, characters, etc. I just think it would be a fun idea! As I mentioned before, having too many people to manage in one roleplay is overwhelming and gives me a bit of anxiety, so I'm shooting for just one person.

Now, what sort of plot am I thinking about? Glad you asked.

d6fc6030e2e3d7ac666366e47ef603a1.png

The concept of 'Ace Trainers' in the Pokemon main game always fascinated me. How did they get the title of Ace Trainer? Did they go through any particular training? Who is the leader? So on and so forth. For more information on what I'm talking about, follow this link here. Anyway, I am thinking that this roleplay would consist of our (main) characters being part of (or recruited into) the Ace Trainer organization, a legion of elite-class Trainers within a specific region (or worldwide) that are called to respond to dangerous situations that ordinary Trainers would not partake in (think of the protagonist in the main games, for example). As such, this RP could consist of one (or both) of our characters going through recruitment, training, and then completing several quests on their journey of becoming a respectable Ace Trainer. If I had to compare this thought to another fandom, I would say it would be similar to the original Percy Jackson series.

*As an alternative plot, I would also be open to a 'Pokemon Academy' RP cut from a similar cloth of Harry Potter or Yu-Gi-Oh GX! Just a thought.*

Here are some things that I'm looking for in a partner:
    • I prefer to roleplay with a female partner. It's just a personal preference so please respect it.
    • Be willing to play multiple characters and both genders. Yes, we would have our "main characters," but what's a good story without side characters and antagonists, right?
    • Using real life faces and real life locations/aesthetics is something that I thoroughly enjoy in most of my RPs. I'm not against anime faces though, it's just something I enjoy as I like diverse representation for the characters I write.
    • Consistent communication and posting is absolutely needed. The best way to reach me is via PM and (maybe) Discord. PM is my preference but I can do Discord if things are going really smooth between us.
    • I don't have a specific "word count" as it varies depending on the circumstances, but I will say that I am capable of writing "a lot." Multiple paragraphs and vivid descriptions where applicable are standard for me so I would hope you could do the same. One liners irk me.
    • Of course, I'm open to most things: drama, romance, action, adventure, etc. However, please be mindful of PC's rules as well as the roleplay rules here. The RP itself will be rated M.

Hopefully I covered everything I'm looking for that you guys would have questions about! But if you do, just send something my way here or via PM!

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
    Years
  • If possible, I don't mind joining, sounds fun! How many characters exactly do you want us to control? What are the characters age range? Are they starting with a partner already or they get their first partner?

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    If possible, I don't mind joining, sounds fun! How many characters exactly do you want us to control? What are the characters age range? Are they starting with a partner already or they get their first partner?

Main characters? One but as a unit we would control NPCs around are two main characters. Age range is up for debate but I'm thinking 17+. Because they're already Trainers, they probably have a few Pokemon at their disposal already.

Years
  • I've talked this over with some other staffers and we are not comfortable with people explicitly requesting partners of a specific gender for 1-1 roleplay. Searching for a 1-1 RP itself is welcome, but that specification sets of warning bells that we need to follow through on. For that reason, I'm closing this thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back