• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Onix

What is on Onix's Head

• A Horn

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • A Head Dorsal Fin

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • A Stone Mohawk

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • An arbitrary protrusion

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Aka Wikipedia "a member"

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2008
    What does Onix have on his head?

I'm currently in an argument over what is on top of onix's head. I won't say what i believe it is so as not to cloud your judgement?
    So is it:
    A Horn
    A Head Dorsal Fin
    A Stone Mohawk
    An arbitary protrusion
    Or aka Wikipedia "a member"
    Help me end this argument and hopefully you will agree with me!

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    I believe it's a horn, if it was an arbitrary protrusion... then not all Onix would have it.
    Now, the "spikes" on Steelix are arbitrary protrusions. And, if they were real, they'd be different for each Steelix.
    That's what I think... =)

Years
    I voted a horn because 1. it looks alot like a horn and 2. because i think onix can learn horn drill or something like that

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    It's just a rock...

Well, I think it's a rock that's just on onix's head, nothing more...

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I highly doubt Pokemon would put a 'member' on top of Onix's head. It's probably just a giant horn (that kicks ass)

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    A horn.

If you read the index when you catch Onix in FR/LG, you can see that it says that Onix goes deep underground, so really you can't go underground with out a drill of some kind, but in Onix's case it's a horn.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    It has to be a Horn, it wouldn't make sense for anything else.... (though a lot of things in the Pokemon universe don't make sense...)

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
    No one actually know what is on Onixs' head we can only make speculations and I'm going for a horn because It makes the most sense out of everything else.

Back