• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ooga Booga!

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Hi everyone!! I'm LittleCubone. Or LC for short. I like to think of myself as an oddity. I am 27 years old and I am a truck driver. I know... when you think truck driver you automatically think "hillbilly redneck who can't count to 3." I can count to 4 thank you very much.

I love Pokemon. It's my addiction. It consumes my mind. Seeing my age, you can guess that started as a Gen 1. And you'd be right. I started with good ole Pokemon Red. Fire Red is my game of choice. But that's only because I don't have a Nintendo DS to play the newer versions. I had a taste of Diamond/Pearl and have been craving it.

I do like other things besides Pokemon, but Pokemon is my favorite. I am an avid karaoke junkee. Cherry coke is a daily requirement for me. I'm a Ginger. A Day Walker. I wish I was a superhero. I love Marvel/DC comics just as much as I like Pokemon... but I have more knowledge on Pokemon.

I have no idea what I'm doing on this site. I have played some of the (fantastic) hacks, I have seen some prettifu artwork. I have tried to dabble in spriting, but I'm not quite good at it. And I spied the artwork section and saw that spriting was frowned upon. I am in the middle of writing a fanfiction, so maybe I'll post it here instead of on fanfiction dot net.

Anyways, like I said I don't know what I'm doing here but maybe I can meet some new friends. =)

Cid

Years
  • Your intro is awesome. XD; For a guy who doesn't have a clue on why he's here, you sure seem like you'd fit in well! I mean you've explored a huge bit of the forum, for starters. The hacks must have been fun to play (got into PC because of them so I'm kinda biased, haha), and you seem to have been to the rest of Creative Discussions, too. Apart from Roleplay Corner. But does it really matter? It's just cool that you've been curious enough to look around. Also, I'm not sure how spriting is frowned upon because Pixel Art sounded like a good place for that, but I'm really not an expert at that section, so I wouldn't know. I think you should still keep spriting though. Everyone starts at someplace, right? You'll be an awesome spriter, I can sense it. And a good writer, too, so better post it here at PC like you say! Only if you keep at it for both of those things, of course.

I assume you've read the rules already, right? There are section rules that you might have come across, too. Just in case you haven't, go read them whenever you can.

Also, you seem to like Marvel/DC comics? What a nice coincidence. ;D But yeah, don't let your age or whatever keep you from posting around. Pretty much everyone who can interact with people in an acceptable manner in the Internet is welcome here.

In any case, welcome aboard, LC! If you have questions about this place, staff are always open for assistance. Hope you'll have a splendid time at PC! And I hope to see you around, too! You broke my preconceived notions on truck drivers with your cool intro, after all.

Years
  • Hey hey,

Your intro made me smile =)

I'm also in my twenties and have loved pokemon right from the start. Sometimes it's prevalent in my life, sometimes not, but it's always been there at one point or another and I've never forgotten about it!

I'm currently playing through Diamond and it is indeed pretty good. But a DS is a big investment and especially with the 3DS coming up, took me a while to decide to get one.
    One thing I will say is that backlighting makes such an incredible difference. I went back to GBA for a bit and couldn't believe it - that would have saved me so much effort when hiding under the covers trying to sneak in some late-night pokemon after my bedtime as a kid :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    You guys are super awesome! Thanks for making me feel welcome! (You'll soon learn to differentiate my posts. Awesome ones are from the laptop. Short lame ones are from Nah phone)

Years
  • Hiii LC, welcome! I almost missed your introduction thread, you must forgive me. ;~;

Pshaw, I totally didn't think that when you mentioned truck driver, not at all. In fact, what came to my mind was "awesome, he can drive a huge truck and I can barely even drive a normal car." But we both started with the amazing Red and Blue so that's something we already have in common as fans. <3; I'm sorry you don't have a DS to get the newer games but I really, really think you should buy it since all those games you've been missing are fantastic and it's been many years since the system was released. Any reason you didn't buy a DS? Seems like you have the income so it's worth the purchase (especially a 3DS for the upcoming X and Y games that were announced a while back).

And like Cid said, spriting is definitely not frowned upon. We have a whole section for Pixel Art with an amazing moderator that you can stop by and share your work.. just remember to read the section rules, though, but I'm sure you're well aware of that. It's also cool how you're named after one of the cutest ground Pokemon ever aieee. <3 And haha, your posts will be great regardless, as you seem like a fantastic person.

Enjoy your stay here LC! Remember to contact a staff member if you ever have questions about anything at all!

Back