• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Opening the Pokewalker

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
Years
  • So a while ago i gave my sister my pokewalker so she could rack up steps (i'm lazy and don't get out much), unfortunately this was put her her pockets and ultimately the washing machine. i've tried drying it out and replacing batteries etc. but it still doesn't work.

So instead of spending £35+ on a new pokewalker, i'm going to open it and attempt to fix it. However the pokewalker uses tri-wing screws which are annoying as hell. So i ordered a tri-wing screwdriver off amazon, it was of course the wrong size because false advertising etc. so tried googling the right size but i kept getting mixed answers and no source to buy these.

So question, what is the right size screwdriver and where is the easiest place to get it? (i live in the uk btw)

Keira

Gayer than you'll ever be
    Years
  • It's probably permanently dead if replacing the batteries won't fix it, honestly. Any water inside will have dried out but it will have rusted circuitry and pretty much disabled it.

PurpleOrange

Years
  • well anyway regardless of if it still works, my original question stands :)
    what is the right size screwdriver and where is the easiest place to get it? (i live in the uk btw)

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I really wish I knew, but if you can, could you take it to a hardware store? They could tell you in an instant what kind you need and it would only cost a few pounds, if even that :) Good luck!
    By the way, do you know the Pokemon that was on there can be brought back just on the DS itself? It's in a menu I think. Just in case you really wanted it back :D

PurpleOrange

Years

• it looks very similar to the one I bought which turned out to be the wring size (plus i'd have to pay more for shipping)

I really wish I knew, but if you can, could you take it to a hardware store? They could tell you in an instant what kind you need and it would only cost a few pounds, if even that :) Good luck!
    By the way, do you know the Pokemon that was on there can be brought back just on the DS itself? It's in a menu I think. Just in case you really wanted it back :D

i was hoping that i someone else on here could help me so i could cut out the middle man of the hardware store

i might just head down to the DIY store and see what they have, thanks for the help though peeps!

Back