• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Opinon on Seven Sages

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    So what did you think of Team Plasma Seven Sages? Wish you could have battled them? Want More Personality? Wanted to reveal more when they were arrested? Etc?

Discuss

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
    I wish they had had a more significant role in the story as they're not used for anything.

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    According to a team plasma grunt they are as strong as the gym leaders...which makes me want to battle them...

Your right! Also Plasma grunts are reliable. lol Yeah that is really cool but they were coward and just called more grunts. It would be cool if there was double battles between. Like you and alder or cheren have to fight three battles of double battles to reach ghetsis and fight him.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I DUN SEE DARUNIA ANYWHERE :(

but I'll find'em. And kick their butts. I won't let'em hide Big Brother from me.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    The only thing I could have wished for was a little more expansion on character. (maybe even battle them)

The again, I think Love and Peace (Concordia and Anthea) are more deserving in my opinion.

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    Concordia and Anthea oh yeah i forgot about them the only problem was they came so late in the game. Were they even evil you think?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    The Sages could have had a more interesting role in all this. They do a good job of revealing some of the history behind Plasma and whatnot, but it's not enough. I would have loved to be able to battle them, would have made the search for them much more interesting.

Same thing with the Dark Trinity and Concordia & Anthea. I really hope all these characters get more attention in the third version, especially the trio and Sages.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It would have been nice to have battled them.

On a side note, those two girls who appear in the opening video and again in N's castle.....I've never seen such a fuss made over characters that have absolutely no impact on the story at all. It would have been nice if they did something and weren't relegated to being a nurse joy.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    ^ That is true - they're in the intro and then only ever turn up in the end of the main storyline, so I was a bit confused by that. I also agree that it would have been nice to have battled the sages, but oh well? At least they had some sort of role after the main game part I guess...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    The six sages (not counting ghetsis) are all pretty similar. Although maybe if we saw them battle their sprites would look different. However I'd have to say my favourite is Zinzolin just because of his name.

n64benowitz177

Is The Man In The Mirror.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    I agree that the sages could have had a larger part in the story but who knows what kinds of events they have in store for us that unlock stuff like the back story of your rival in Heartgold and Soulsilver with Celebi.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Yea, I was really hoping that they, the Shadow Triad and Concordia and Anthea actually had more of a role in the story...

The Sages are supposed to be strong, equal in strength to Gym Leaders... the Triad never do anything but appear and drag you along to N or Ghetsis... and Concordia and Anthea appear briefly at the end...

But maybe they'll have more to do in the deluxe version?

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    I was really hoping for more story for them and N. Battling them would have been nice.

TripLee

Superman
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    After the E4 I was really looking forward to finding them for the agent and battling them. I was extremely disappointed :(

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Along with the Shadow Triad I hoped they were battlable after the Elite 4, But sadly no :( Maybe we can see their battling skills in the 3rd Version.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Maybe if they didn't overly focus on N, we would have got more prospective on the other Team Plasma characters. Through out all the team Plasma schemes it all seemed to be about "Lord N". I agree we need more character development to the other Plasma higher ups. I mean when you hunt the Sages down why can't you battle them, and Concordia and Anthea being featured in the intro and doing next to nothing doesn't bod well with me. As for the Shadow Triad it would be neat to have them battle you with Ninja themed pokemon(or something similiar). I just hope we get some overall expansion with Team Plasma in the third version, and include the story behind Genesect as well.

Harumi Fujyoshi

Ichiban fujyoshi desu!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2015
    I'm not as bothered about the Sages as I am about Anthea and Concordia. At least the Sages served a purpose post-game but those two women should either have had a bigger role or shouldn't have been in the opening. I'm pretty curious about the Shadow Triad as well.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Anthea and Concordia had the smallest role ever ;-; they healed your Pokemon in the castle, but yes, I would love to see a back story on those two as well.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    The only thing I could have wished for was a little more expansion on character. (maybe even battle them)

The again, I think Love and Peace (Concordia and Anthea) are more deserving in my opinion.

Exactly! Why are they so significant if they only appear once in-game (excluding the intro cinematic) and only heal your Pokemon and tell you a bit of backstory. i think they should create a third game just to expand on them.

Anyway, back on-topic. I agree. the problem with the sages is not just that they aren't battlable, but they lack character. Take the executives in SoulSilver/HeartGold. Despite being bale to be battled, they (well, maybe not Lambda and Arianna to a lesser extent) lacked a personality that made you remember them. Similary, all of the sages seemed evil and didn't really stand out much. Heck, I wouldn't even be able to tell the difference betwee two sages, minus Ghetsis.

Back