• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
  • Do you guys think Mega Evolution will be what these games are based on like X and Y? Or will they stick with the Hoenn feel?

Years
  • Do you guys think Mega Evolution will be what these games are based on like X and Y? Or will they stick with the Hoenn feel?

I think it will feature in it at the very least due to the Lati twins, they could make it a plot point with mega Kyogre and Groudon as I would have thought downloadable content would allow them to add them to XY if needed?

I kind of hope they don't focus on it too much though, I am not a massive fan of the whole concept of mega-evolutions and I'd like this game to stick to its roots.

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    I doubt these games will revolve around Mega Evolution like XY. The concept has been successfully included into the games so making these remakes also heavily influenced by it would be like beating a dead horse with a stick. Completely unnecessary

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I think it will feature in it at the very least due to the Lati twins, they could make it a plot point with mega Kyogre and Groudon as I would have thought downloadable content would allow them to add them to XY if needed?

I kind of hope they don't focus on it too much though, I am not a massive fan of the whole concept of mega-evolutions and I'd like this game to stick to its roots.

I agree with you entirely. I'll be really disappointed if they just milk the Mega Evolution concept. Leave that to newer games. Focus on the original game concepts mainly they did well with gen 1 and 2 remakes so I'm not too worried. I am worried but not as much as I could be.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years

I doubt it'll be the main plot point. I think XY did a good job of introducing it and anything about it in these new games will be small side stuff and not the main storyline.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
  • I doubt these games will revolve around Mega Evolution like XY. The concept has been successfully included into the games so making these remakes also heavily influenced by it would be like beating a dead horse with a stick. Completely unnecessary

True. The story of X and Y had to be about the Mega Evolutions because it was a (kinda) huge new feature. And the players had to get used to it. GF saw that the idea worked so it really would be totally worthless to focus on that again. We all know now :D
    I'd really like to see a return of Magma/Aqua but of course a totally restructered plot if it is going to be a total remake.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
    Years

Since the box art that has been given has new Groudon/Kyogre artwork we can speculate that there will be some involvement of Mega-Evos or new formes (the more unlikely of the 2 possibilities).

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Since the box art that has been given has new Groudon/Kyogre artwork we can speculate that there will be some involvement of Mega-Evos or new formes (the more unlikely of the 2 possibilities).

The fact that it's a new look is still debatable. They might just be highly stylised versions of the originals.

That said though, I'm fully expecting them to have Mega Evolutions.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    That video is such a ♥♥♥♥, teasing us with absolutely nothing but the name of our pleasure.

It appears as if Kyogre/Groudon are getting some upgrades as well, judging by the box art. This could either be Mega Evolution or an alternate form...possibly by them being given their respective Orb similar to how Giratina forms?

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015

I don't battle competitively, but I'm pretty sure you can use mega evolutions when battling others online so unless they decide to ban the use of the stones when the new games are released it's guaranteed mega evolution will be in the RS remakes in some capacity

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    I hope gameplay footage comes out very soon, I was expecting an other game. So, well done Pokemon! You finally listened to your huge fanbase.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • For those who are wondering what relation Omega & Alpha have to the games:
    Spoiler:

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I literally just went on my computer to check my library account. Then I decided to take a peak at tumblr for a minute and saw this

https://ecocony.tumblr.com/post/85027154053

So of course I was like "This is a joke right?" So of course I went to Pokemon's official site. And sure enough I saw the video on their site and started screaming.
    The box art is sweet. The names are cool. I'M SO EXCITED. I WANT NOVEMBER TO COME NOW.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I'm sure they'll have Mega Evolutions in the games somewhere but it just better not be the main plot. :/

I have a feeling maybe they'll have the Eon duo roaming the region like in the originals but then you can transfer them over to X and Y to Mega Evolve them? I wonder if they'll have connections to X and Y like that.

I also wonder how they're gunna do the contests. Are they going to have more to them like the Super Contests on Diamond and Pearl? Are they gunna make them more like the anime style? How about the updates graphics? I wonder if they'll make them a bigger deal perhaps. As well, what are the Battle Frontier? So many questions, so little answers!

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Ahh, I'm so excited! I've been wondering about a few things though - will we get wifi Contests at last? And in random match-up? Wifi Battle Frontier? Will RS Wonder Trade also trade with XY Wonder Trade users? Can't wait to find out~ Also can't wait for the music remixes - all hail the trumpets.

I'm sure Hoenn will have megas, they'll just say "look at these cool mega stones the Kalos region discovered" and go on from there.

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    Lol Pokemon is going mathematics :P What's next Pokemon + and Pokemon -?
    There s a rumor going on about that but nevermind. I stll want gameplay........ RAARRHHH..!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back