• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
  • That is fake. The logos are different and don't say "OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire (or at least that's what I'm told).

CoroCoro leaks usually happen between the 10th and 12th each month so hopefully we have news in a few days. :D

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • Hold on a second, didn't you mentioned last time that what kept GF from making Hoenn remakes is due to the GBA games still being compatible to the newer games in terms of transfer, which is still working today?
    Nope, that was me ^^. That and the timeline thing, I remember that someone said I was the only one who gave a damn (either it was here or on Pokémemes, I can't remember) .

Just in case, I would like to restate the opinion I had for all this time, I wasn't saying "there will be no remakes, period", I was saying "unless there's an official announcement, there's absolutely no guarantee, so far to me everything looks like there will be no remakes", because I was getting frustrated with people getting excited over "hints" and "clues" that ultimately meant nothing. And now, hey, there it is, the official announcement :) .

I still hope we get at least a new story ^^.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I still hope we get at least a new story ^^.

That's pretty much all we should hope for. Most of us here have played RSE a hundred thousand times, so we would appreciate a new story, rather than a 'remix'.

Broncos

Jesus take the wheel
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2016
    I'm hoping for new characters to be honest.

As much as I love Brendan... He's got to go.

With the newly discovered Mega-evolution, it seems only logical to assume that time has passed since Ruby and Sapphire. The Hoenn and Kalos professors will have some correlation and a breakthrough in science will occur.

I doubt the entire story will remain the same only major changes being the 3d and megas. It seems like a waste of a remake. New characters, new adaptable Pokemon, and new story-line. All clashing in the Hoenn region.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I doubt the entire story will remain the same only major changes being the 3d and megas. It seems like a waste of a remake. New characters, new adaptable Pokemon, and new story-line. All clashing in the Hoenn region.

You're right about that over there. I didn't really see why they mode HGSS such a loose hit compared to GS, I really thought FRLG were more detailed, mainly because of the Sevii Islands being a part of the storyline. I just hope that they do something similar.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm hoping for new characters to be honest.

As much as I love Brendan... He's got to go.

With the newly discovered Mega-evolution, it seems only logical to assume that time has passed since Ruby and Sapphire. The Hoenn and Kalos professors will have some correlation and a breakthrough in science will occur.

That would make it them sequels, not a remake...a remake has to have the same characters for the most part and the majority of the story needs to stay the same.

Broncos

Jesus take the wheel
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2016
    Quick story change: Juan and Wallace. Nothing major but added to the story, somewhat. Minor changes like this aren't going to happen with Omega and Alpha especially since it's been over a decade since Hoenn burst into the world.

Gameplay will change to XY style.
    Characters will change.
    Towns and overall look will change.
    Mega evolutions for starters and legendaries.

The dots have to connect perfectly with the newly discovered Mega evolution. What are the stones made of? Didn't it take some sort of object to awaken the RS legends? Maybe Archie will megaevo Kyogre -- who knows.... ehh I'm speculating now.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • From serebii:

It has been confirmed through a trailer on TV that Japanese variety show, Pokémon Get☆TV is to showcase world exclusive first footage of the upcoming games Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire this weekend in the episode airing on Sunday May 11th at 07:30 JST. It's not known what the footage will contain but we'll provide details and screenshots as soon as it airs

DAMN. Is there a live stream for this??

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I can see them pulling a HGSS thing and add story from Crystal , but it would be story from Emerald instead. Image that cutscene with Rayquaza , Kyogre and Groudon but in 3D!

God I've been imagining this ever since BW came out with the Reshiram/Zekrom cutscenes. In full 3D it would simply beat everything else in the game.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • One thing I REALLY hope to see in 3D is Route 113 (the one next to fallarbor)... Because of the lovely volcanic ash. I cannot imagine the volcanic ash falling out of the screen...

And collecting dem ash to create flutes. Huff puff.

I'm really hoping the cable car cutscene is also in 3D. Even more ashes falling out the screen!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    How many ashes have you collected puff puff?

I don't know about the ashes, but I hope collecting it would be a mite bit easier because it would be a pain to battle 214124124 Spinda and 213 Skarmory to get that White Flute.

And another cutscene I'd like to see is the evil leader scurrying off on his submarine, as we watch with anguish, and a smirk from the admin saying that you were too late.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • How many ashes have you collected puff puff?

I don't know about the ashes, but I hope collecting it would be a mite bit easier because it would be a pain to battle 214124124 Spinda and 213 Skarmory to get that White Flute.

I completely forgot about that! Route 113 is going to have such a graphical improvement, falling ash in 3D.

Edit: Looks like we're getting our first news batch this weekend guys!

It has been confirmed through a trailer on TV that Japanese variety show, Pokémon Get☆TV is to showcase world exclusive first footage of the upcoming games Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire this weekend in the episode airing on Sunday May 11th at 07:30 JST. It's not known what the footage will contain but we'll provide details and screenshots as soon as it airs" - Serebii.

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Edit: Looks like we're getting our first news batch this weekend guys!

It has been confirmed through a trailer on TV that Japanese variety show, Pokémon Get☆TV is to showcase world exclusive first footage of the upcoming games Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire this weekend in the episode airing on Sunday May 11th at 07:30 JST. It's not known what the footage will contain but we'll provide details and screenshots as soon as it airs" - Serebii.

Woo, totally excited! Hopefully they would confirm Kyogre and Groudon's new forms and give insight on the gameplay. That might end a lot of preliminary speculation, hopefully. It would start a lot more, though.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Woo, totally excited! Hopefully they would confirm Kyogre and Groudon's new forms and give insight on the gameplay. That might end a lot of preliminary speculation, hopefully. It would start a lot more, though.

Would you consider a brief clip of the player in the overworld insight on the gameplay? That was what Pokémon Sunday showed in in the first HGSS trailer, assuming Get☆TV will do the same.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Would you consider a brief clip of the player in the overworld insight on the gameplay? That was what Pokémon Sunday showed in in the first HGSS trailer, assuming Get☆TV will do the same.

It's most likely going to be just that, lol. We're gonna get a few seconds of something worthless, tops.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I really hope they give us SOMETHING to work with.

Either showing us contest clips, secret bases, new lands, SOMETHING. Something other than battle scenes because if they're anything like X and Y, we already know what those look like.

Though, I just thought this...what if they change the 3D models on some Pokemon? o: I doubt it but you never know at this point!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back