• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR & AS for normal DS Versions?

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    The 3DS has been out since 2010/2011.

If someone hasn't got a 3DS by then, well god damn, what the frick?

But no, they should keep it for 3DS, we've already had a remake on the DS.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    As Nintendo goes hopping about with gaming consoles, it leaves old gamers devastated in it's wake. I guess you'll have to cope with your DS for an year or so until you can convince your parents to get the 3DS. Because with the platform shifts Game Freak has made, I don't see how they'll ever step back. They even made PMD - Blue Rescue team in the DS even though Red Rescue team was in the GBA so both types of players would enjoy the new Mystery Dungeon series, but not to the main series games, nope. Not many would appreciate no 3D after all their speculation, would they?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It does seem like a good idea on paper, but wouldn't be that great when put into work, unfortunately. :( DS generation is over, and we're now trying to transition to 3DS; many people don't have this system yet in comparison to DS and its variants, and what better way to boost sales than by releasing Pokémon games for it exclusively? Nintendo DS has been around a long, long time, and has done its course a while ago; we should just let go off it and move onto other things and help them gain chance to actually shine.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I'm sorry but it would be a waste of time for Game Freak to release Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby on the Nintendo DS. They would have to downgrade the graphics, and this would probably hurt them economical. Most people have stepped up to the Nintendo 3DS. If you want the games bad enough, all you have to do is save $150. That will be enough for a 2DS and one of the games. I would much rather have Game Freak focus on one handheld then move on to another project, than working on it for 2.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    And also to reiterate, even if they did have it on the DS, there is no means to trade anymore considering the wifi has been shutdown and never returning. So it is 100% not possible for ORAS be made also on the DS.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I'm afraid the DS is officially dead! May 20th has come and passed, which means Nintendo DS games can't even connect to the wifi anymore. So there's no way they'd release current-generation Pokemon games into a dead generation.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    The 3DS has been out for nearly 3 and a half years and the console is pretty much obsolete. Also, the 2DS makes the price gap for DS owners even smaller, it's about £100 opposed to the higher prices of the 3DS/XL. Honestly, B2/W2 shouldn't been release for the DS and that was nearly 2 years ago.

People need to move on from the DS; it's a decade old machine that doesn't even have Wi-Fi support now.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    It's impossible for it to be made for the DS.

Remember, the next generation is all focused on connectivity besides graphics and gameplay. The Nintendo DS doesn't even support online play any longer.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Saying we should go back to the DS is like saying we should go back to the Game Boy. Its not economical and practical to return to the older system.

This. It's a waste of time and won't get any sales. At this stage in time, going back to the DS is useless, as it's like going back in time. Why release current material on an outdated console? For one, you don't have Wi-Fi on the DS anymore. In my opinion, most of the Pokemon series' praise comes from the Wi-fi functionality each game has, with things like the C-Gear from Generation V, and the Wonder Trade this generation. Pokemon's main strength is connectivity with other systems and players, and going back to the DS would lose all of that considering that Wi-fi shutdown and all.

Like I said before, outdated. Why? The 3DS makes use of new graphics and 3D technology, something which most old series are making good use of. Might as well let Game Freak create new Pokemon games in a 3D landscape. X/Y has done a remarkable job at utilising the 3DS' capabilities, I'm definitely looking forward to more. Why downgrade when people have already moved on to a new console and scrapped their original DS consoles?

Along with that, we have that little one remake per console pattern there. It would be like a disturbance in the Force to those who pay attention to details like that.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    You can get a 3DS on eBay for ridiculously cheap. I got mine for, like, $179 and it works great. Besides, there's no point in going back to a seriously outdated console when this one already exists. If it makes you feel any better, I don't have a Wii U and can't get the new Smash Bros. (although the 3DS version still exists, I don't have the time to play handheld games anymore).

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'm afraid the DS is officially dead! May 20th has come and passed, which means Nintendo DS games can't even connect to the wifi anymore. So there's no way they'd release current-generation Pokemon games into a dead generation.

This.

If anything, the fact that Pokémon games are very reliant upon trading, and therefore Wi-Fi, means that they will not make a new game on a system that does not support Wi-Fi. That is simply unacceptable for the most recent of Pokémon games.

To the topic creator: I genuinely hope you're able to save up for at least a 2DS in time for ORAS. There's essentially half a year to go--I know it's tough, but it's definitely possible!

Back