• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Orange Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    I watch them sit down and I walk over and give them a card. The table they are sitting at, like all the tables around them, has a small cube attached to the table which is about ? the size of a computer screen. I pick the card up and push it into a small slot and when I do that a big square of color appears in mid air twice the size of the glass area of a computer screen. On the screen are the words.
    Entr?e
    Main menu
    Desert
    Snacks
    Children?s menu
    I put the card down and look at the mayor and Alex. ?The hologram is touch screen. I will leave you to choose what you want. I hope the menu system is not too complex.? I leave and walk back to the kitchen and watch the kitchens hologram and wait for what they order to appear on the hologram.

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
  • As I go to sit at the table the mayor pointed out, I see Rey opening the door to the restaurant and wave to him.

I'm amazed at the holographic menu display Misteria set up. "Let's see," I mutter as I touch the entree button. "Spinach salad sounds delicious." Then I touch the main menu. "Spaghetti bolognaise... hm... sounds too fancy... I think I'll have the fettucini alfredo." My stomach growls in anticipation.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Seeing Ken'ichi and Alex, Rey allowed the door to close behind him as he made his way toward their table. Placing one hand on the wooden back of a chair, the trainer slid it away from the table. Calmly seating himself, Rey nodded a greeting to them before glancing toward Misteria as she made her way to the kitchen. Then, turning his gaze to the menu, the trainer placed his arms on the table and closed his eyes as he waited for the others to complete their orders.

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
  • Having finished ordering, I look up at Rey. "I'm sorry about my behavior ealier. I was rather... taken aback by what Jurran had said. I was hoping what he had to say would answer questions on what happened several years ago. Instead, it rose more questions. I guess it was better than nothing though. What do you think, Rey? What do you think caused the 'mirage' effect he described?"

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    I watch the hologram and see graphic pictures and the recipes of what Alex and the mayor orders appear. I get out all the ingredients I need for the entr?es and start making them. While I?m chopping up the ingredients I get the ingredients needed for garlic bred out and start making it. I finish, put it in a basket and walk out to the table." there you go!" I walk quickly back and continue making the entr?es.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Rey opened his eyes and turned toward Alex as he replied, "Honestly, I'm not sure. If I were to guess, I'd say it was the 'shadow' that caused the effect." He paused, removing Roselia's Pokeball from his side. Toying with the object, the male added, "Through my years of being a trainer, I've discovered a number of Pokemon with various special abilities. It seems possible that the shadow was a Pokemon--though that still leaves the question of motive." Laying the Pokeball on the table, Rey prevented it from moving by laying his index finger at its top. Staring at the item thoughtfully, Rey continued, "As for earlier . . . It doesn't really matter. I was surprised, too. Your reaction was natural."

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
  • I'm relieved when Rey indicates he didn't harbor any anger towards my earlier behavior. The last of my tension goes away, and my shoulders relax. "I kind of figured it may have been a pokemon, but, I've never heard of a pokemon causing mirages... unless it was hypnosis or something... then the person is put to sleep and is dreaming. Sounds like it could have been a ghost-type pokemon. But, I can't understand why any type of pokemon would do something like that. If we were invading it's territory, that I could understand. But, I've been to that area many times since, trying to jog my memory about what happened, and haven't seen anything like that. Perhaps there was a trainer involved as well?"

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    After 10 minutes I have made the entr?e for Alex and I take it back to the table. I put it onto the table in front of Alex and survey my friends. I look at rey and see the cold look in his eyes. I get a cold shiver up my spine and I look away.? You should order other wise Alex?s food will be cold when your gets here. ?I glance at rey and walk back to the kitchen to wait for the orders to come in. I look at Alex and blush slightly thinking. Alex is cute I kinda like him. I shake my head and glance at rey. But rey freaks me out! Why does he have to be so cold to every one? I shiver getting a cold shiver up my spine again and wait for the orders.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Rey nodded in response to Misteria's comment, though, being that she turned away, it was unlikely that she saw. Noting the restaurant owner's apparent nervousness in regard to him, the trainer calmly turned his gaze to the menu and lightly tapped an option with his right hand. Studying several items listed, he spoke to Alex. "The presence of a trainer seems logical. If nothing else, most Pokemon with those types of abilities wouldn't naturally exist in an island forest's environment. That would also explain the Pokemon's motive."

Selecting an item from the menu, Rey palmed Roselia's Pokeball in his left hand, adding, "But, then that brings the question of the trainer's motives."

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
  • I smile and thank Misteria for the salad. After I take a couple bites, I nod to Rey. "Well, if what Jurran says is accurate, his or her motives may have been suspect if they led to my head injury and leaving me lying alone on the forest floor. I don't suppose there's any way to track down that trainer, with us not even knowing if it was male or female, if he/she was native to the island or just visiting, and what kind of pokemon it was doing it's master's bidding."

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    The mayor politely listened to the conversation. Having nothing to add, he had remained silent thus far.

"Is there...anything I can do to aid you two?" He looked questioningly at both of them.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Returning Roselia's Pokeball to his side, Rey glanced from Alex to the mayor. "As far as I know, there is only one Pokemon capable of time travel. And, I doubt any of us would have access to it. However . . . " The trainer paused, as though in thought. "Time travel wouldn't be neccessary if we had a Pokemon capable of simply gazing into the past." Rey's silver eyes focused on the mayor as he he continued, "In other words, a Xatu." The male closed his eyes calmly, adding, "If you have access to one, it would be appreciated. If not, I have a Natu."

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
  • I take a slice of the garlic bread. The combination of spinach salad and garlic bread really was savory. I listen as Rey comes up with a brilliant idea. I chew on the bread, waiting the mayor's response.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    I am watching Alex, ken and rey talking when suddenly my hologram pops up with the mayors and reys order for entr?es. I read the recipes and start memorizing them. When I have done that I rush around getting all the ingredients to make the entr?es. In ten minutes I have made them and I pick up the plates and walk them over to the table. I put the plates down and look at Alex.? Are you enjoying our food??

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    OOC:

Obviously this is failing. I think the best course of action is to continue this roleplay EXACTLY in a new thread "Orange Island v2" We leave off where we started, except that more people can get interested and join x3

Sound all right to you all?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back